Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers mate, wondered about that but wasn't sure.

Given how dangerous this particular Delta "beast" is with it's R number of a million or something I am surprised that we all don't have it by now.

Just getting sick of being lied to. Apologies to all for the seemingly endless ranting about this and to those who think I am a turncoat of sorts.
What was the precise point when you changed your view on govt action?

So the other three are linked but have been out in the community?

Brilliant. Another 500 exposure sites and a bullshit reason to extend lockdown incoming.

I reckon they are working to make sure the long weekend is locked down. They have done this over and over (Mothers day, QB last year, etc)

They sleep with the light on.

Given how dangerous this particular Delta "beast" is with it's R number of a million or something I am surprised that we all don't have it by now.

Just getting sick of being lied to. Apologies to all for the seemingly endless ranting about this and to those who think I am a turncoat of sorts.

I don't see it as a rant, and no i don't see you as a turncoat, i see you as someone who can look at something without an allegiance clouding your judgement. And i think what you are doing is starting to become the norm now for labor supporters, the tide is turning on them i think.

I think you are a very good poster mate, but you're doing yourself a bit of a disservice with things like that second line in this post. You know it doesn't work like that.

While I am not saying the government has done everything perfectly, the real issue here appears to be your unrealistic expectations. You want to live in this fantasy land where everything is predictable and the outcomes can always be known in advance.

No, I want to live in a world of common sense and logic. A world where vaccinated people, and those who have done the right thing are not locked in their goddamn f***ing homes every time someone sneezes. A land where if a government says that they have the systems in place to stay open actually, you know, stays f***ing open. A world where if there is an opportunity to procure a vaccine, a corrupt government doesn't say "no thanks, we'll try to make it ourselves."

I want the government to stop lying to me about public health issues especially. If they do not trust the systems they have in place (both state and federal) they should just f*** off.

I think you are a very good poster mate, but you're doing yourself a bit of a disservice with things like that second line in this post. You know it doesn't work like that.

Mate, Sutton coined the phrase to drive compliance. We have hundreds of exposure sites but not hundreds of cases. Something (well many things) do not add up.

Listening to the lady from the Doherty's institute this morning- Sharon Luwen, she said that the Kappa variant is slightly more infectious than last years variant, she herself thought the clarification of it being a beast was not correct.

Mate, Sutton coined the phrase to drive compliance. We have hundreds of exposure sites but not hundreds of cases. Something (well many things) do not add up.
I get the frustration but with regard to the Delta strain, it's not just Sutton who's noted the infectiousness, it's been acknowledged world wide now.

Agree that the messaging on Kappa was weird.

No, I want to live in a world of common sense and logic. A world where vaccinated people, and those who have done the right thing are not locked in their goddamn f***ing homes every time someone sneezes. A land where if a government says that they have the systems in place to stay open actually, you know, stays f***ing open. A world where if there is an opportunity to procure a vaccine, a corrupt government doesn't say "no thanks, we'll try to make it ourselves."

I want the government to stop lying to me about public health issues especially. If they do not trust the systems they have in place (both state and federal) they should just f*** off.
When the lock down commenced, 2% of the population had been fully vaccinated. How on earth do you think they were meant to develop and enforce a system of differentiated lock down requirements in the space of less than 48 hours?

See, this is great in principle mate and in an ideal world this is how it should operate. My belief is that at the moment that everybody has been afforded the opportunity to get the jab then society must open up in an unrestricted fashion. If you choose (as opposed to those who medically can't) not to vaccinate and Covid kills you then frankly I do not give a f***. It serves you right.

The problem is that I have no faith that this is the approach that will be taken.

dont you scomo me!!! ;)

opportunity means s**t

right now in ScoMoland, every Victorian over 40 has had the "opportunity" to be vaccinated. Only issue is they haven't

this goes back to aged care, where Hunt applauded that everyone it aged care had the "opportunity" to be vaccinated, and those that were not were by choice or medical circumstance.

This ignored the fact HCA only visited most places twice, at times that constantly changed, and many many people missed out because they were not at the home for those two rigid times.

For general pop it will be about supply. tight arsing on pfizer will mean we wont get close to 50% until 4th quarter of this year IMO

I get the frustration but with regard to the Delta strain, it's not just Sutton who's noted the infectiousness, it's been acknowledged world wide now.

Agree that the messaging on Kappa was weird.

Sorry, yes I meant Kappa strain. :thumbsu:

I fully get the issue with the Delta strain and it may just be dumb luck we are shut down. But that doesn't excuse the outright lies we are being told or the fact that these guys, many of whom are decent and intelligent people are now prone to incredible kneejerk responses.

Can anybody explain to me why a person would have to wear a mask outdoors when walking by themselves for example? Any sanctions imposed on people should be the absolute minimum that are required to address the health concern. Some of the implemented measures are draconian.

dont you scomo me!!! ;)

opportunity means sh*t

right now in ScoMoland, every Victorian over 40 has had the "opportunity" to be vaccinated. Only issue is they haven't

this goes back to aged care, where Hunt applauded that everyone it aged care had the "opportunity" to be vaccinated, and those that were not were by choice or medical circumstance.

This ignored the fact HCA only visited most places twice, at times that constantly changed, and many many people missed out because they were not at the home for those two rigid times.

For general pop it will be about supply. tight arsing on pfizer will mean we wont get close to 50% until 4th quarter of this year IMO
Tight arsing on Pfizer and not exactly showing a lot of urgency even when Moderna was belatedly added to the rollout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exposure does not equal transmission

this is why we have tier 1 2 and 3 sites - the risk of potential transmission due to the infected persons interaction with the site and the nature of the site dicates the tier it gets

Gold standard hey, ADF is still door knocking on doors in Angelsea with health department people to make sure people are in iso, even though Anglesea was supposedly removed from exposure sites on Thursday.

I fully get the issue with the Delta strain and it may just be dumb luck we are shut down. But that doesn't excuse the outright lies we are being told or the fact that these guys, many of whom are decent and intelligent people are now prone to incredible kneejerk responses.

Can anybody explain to me why a person would have to wear a mask outdoors when walking by themselves for example? Any sanctions imposed on people should be the absolute minimum that are required to address the health concern. Some of the implemented measures are draconian.

its behaviour modification

it also stops the bullshit "oh i forgot my mask *sfellow*" when people walk into supermarkets without one (this happened at lot from what I saw at my local)

its why its always the first thing removed

When the lock down commenced, 2% of the population had been fully vaccinated. How on earth do you think they were meant to develop and enforce a system of differentiated lock down requirements in the space of less than 48 hours?

1) We should not be locking down to the extent we are (masks outdoors when solo FFS) given the low case numbers.

2) Any measures should be the minimum that are required. Not the draconian bullshit we are going through for the sake of a few cases a day, plenty of which are presenting as asymptomatic with low viral loads.

3) Easing of lockdown should not be dependent on Brett Sutton's fantasy of zero cases. That is patently a ridiculous notion.

Gold standard hey, ADF is still door knocking on doors in Angelsea with health department people to make sure people are in iso, even though Anglesea was supposedly removed from exposure sites on Thursday.

you are aware peoples houses are not listed as exposure sites? We still have something like 4000 people under iso lockdown

its behaviour modification

it also stops the bullshit "oh i forgot my mask *sfellow*" when people walk into supermarkets without one (this happened at lot from what I saw at my local)

its why its always the first thing removed

Yes, I understand the methodology.

I unequivocally disagree with imposing more sanctions on people than are absolutely necessary in the interests of public health and safety. Mask wearing when socially distanced outdoors is not required as an action that saves lives.

1) We should not be locking down to the extent we are (masks outdoors when solo FFS) given the low case numbers.

2) Any measures should be the minimum that are required. Not the draconian bullshit we are going through for the sake of a few cases a day, plenty of which are presenting as asymptomatic with low viral loads.

3) Easing of lockdown should not be dependent on Brett Sutton's fantasy of zero cases. That is patently a ridiculous notion.

on (3), if you want to live with the virus in the community, thats cool. Understand that means hard border closures between Victoria and all states until 2022.

Yes, I understand the methodology.

I unequivocally disagree with imposing more sanctions on people that are absolutely necessary to action a public health response.

its wearing a mask, youre not being asked to be chained in stocks ffs

Yeah there are definitely things like masks outdoors that don't make a lot of sense.

One thing that I've seen no government here, state or federal, discuss is what the end game will be. And no, Sqotty saying the best thing we can do is learn to live alongside the virus does not count.

The fact is, when enough of the population is vaccinated, borders will actually open. To a large extent, the virus will actually be 'let rip'. Many of us may get Covid-19 in due course; but because we're jabbed, it won't be of any consequence to the vast majority of people. We'll either be asymptomatic or have a mild sore throat for a couple days and that's it. The health system won't be overrun and nursing homes won't become ticking time bombs. Booster shots will take care of any particularly nasty variants.

I don't know why this isn't used as more of a carrot (like it is in the US for example) to get people to go and get themselves jabbed. No one enjoys lockdowns or the prospect of them. Instead it's crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back