Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Reuters, six days ago the number was 1,900 under 12 and rising pretty quickly. Not surprisingly, it’s worse in areas with lower adult vaccination rates - in other words the southern states.
1,900 out of around 48,000,000 children? (60m+ aged 0-15 source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States)

That's like 0.004% of the child population.

Governments don't have infinite resources. This is a minor issue.

I was arguing originally that we should be opening up at 80% vax of the adult population once everyone has had the chance to be vaccinated..
But I’d like to know more details about kids and risks there.
I don’t see why that’s an issue?

because you are disagreeing with restrictions NOW

we are diverting vax to NSW for rightful reasons, so we wont hit 80% until end of year

what do you want to do till then?

because you are disagreeing with restrictions NOW

we are diverting vax to NSW for rightful reasons, so we wont hit 80% until end of year

what do you want to do till then?

Which post suggests I’m disagreeing with restrictions now?

my post about kids needing school and outdoors was once we’re 80% vax. So next year.

dont jump on that yet

that stat is based off people who are not in ISO for the entire of their infectious period.

with people being infected by unknown source, its inevitable there will be a log.

not saying this is the reason for today, just we need details before we start hanging people

This guy is pretty decent with what he posts, it seems people not being in ISO when they should is a problem, and the No's tell us that, what was it today 25 who were not in ISO. If you aren't doing the right thing, then why should you have home detention, i read a lot on here from people concerned about deaths, and that's fair, but if you are not going to do something about those ignoring the rules, that is what you could possibly end up with.

1629437373241.png

Which post suggests I’m disagreeing with restrictions now?

my post about kids needing school and outdoors was once we’re 80% vax. So next year.

you've been complaining about pretty much every restriction for days.

i get your frustrated, but your solution to everything seems to be to complain

Point 4 likely only works when you have a manageable level of active cases. Victoria’s 349 might even be pushing it but for NSW, they have 9,000 active cases. No chance.

NSW is gone, i don't think anything can save them other than patrolling the streets like a war torn country, and stopping people from leaving their house nobody wants to see that, and i doubt that would happen anyway with Gladys. We should learn the whole time through this. It may work it may not point 4, but would not hurt to try.

you've been complaining about pretty much every restriction for days.

i get your frustrated, but your solution to everything seems to be to complain

Haha WTF are you talking about? The only one I’ve taken the piss out of is the playground. You’ve completely just made that up.

This guy is pretty decent with what he posts, it seems people not being in ISO when they should is a problem, and the No's tell us that, what was it today 25 who were not in ISO. If you aren't doing the right thing, then why should you have home detention, i read a lot on here from people concerned about deaths, and that's fair, but if you are not going to do something about those ignoring the rules, that is what you could possibly end up with.

View attachment 1211368

thanks - didnt see todays presser

again, it comes down to the details

id like to know exactly how they are not isolating properly. it kind of hints they are out, but not going nuts (which is a bit confusing without the info)

i suspect we will know the issue if/when the iso rules get changed

thanks - didnt see todays presser

again, it comes down to the details

id like to know exactly how they are not isolating properly. it kind of hints they are out, but not going nuts (which is a bit confusing without the info)

i suspect we will know the issue if/when the iso rules get changed

One thing you have said through this is people can't be trusted or something similar, pretty much what we are seeing here.

One thing you have said through this is people can't be trusted or something similar, pretty much what we are seeing here.

The govt have slammed people when they do this, so if they aren't it hints at something else.

Remember last year there was the issue of outside exercise which caused problems

Yes Sutton disappeared for a few days after revealing that little tidbit.

one of the issues all of these officials are facing is drafting rules on the hop and having to anticipate every contingency.

as long as they learn and adapt, im willing to forgive a fair bit in this situation

the annoying s**t is the stuff on repeat (QLD/NSW/VIC not having firm and very clear rules on the borders for when s**t happens is still baffling to me)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's showing empathy but still has complex decisions to make. He's not going to break down and cry publicly.

Can I just say that he's showing more empathy than that psychopath pretending to run NSW. Please know that he is.
No argument there. She is a deer in headlights

Do you need someone to blame for every failure .... fair enough if you do need someone else to blame, but a more positive approach is action to get on top of the problem.
Oh I do the actions that I have control over.
But I expect to impose/ see consequences on those who fail to do their part.
Accountability. Is that too much to ask?

what are you actually arguing for? you seem upset with every single possible approach
I think he is trying to workshop his understanding without a clear outcome; pretty much where I am tbh.

one of the issues all of these officials are facing is drafting rules on the hop and having to anticipate every contingency.

as long as they learn and adapt, im willing to forgive a fair bit in this situation

the annoying sh*t is the stuff on repeat (QLD/NSW/VIC not having firm and very clear rules on the borders for when sh*t happens is still baffling to me)
Queensland's rules seem quite clear, no one from a red zone gets in. Naturally there will be exemptions, food transport for example. They are tightening rules for essential workers from over the border in Tweed, which I thought were pretty tight already eg teachers from over the border employed by Gold Coast schools aren't allowed in.

Queensland's rules seem quite clear, no one from a red zone gets in. Naturally there will be exemptions, food transport for example. They are tightening rules for essential workers from over the border in Tweed, which I thought were pretty tight already eg teachers from over the border employed by Gold Coast schools aren't allowed in.

and thats the problem.

A hard set of rules for one side of a community

we need proper buffer zones for these borders, BUT that means restricting access to these areas for everyone else when s**t hits the fan

ie. victoria has an outbreak, victorians south of the bubble line cannot go north, even though its regional vic.

or if nsw has an outbreak the tweed is off limits to nsw peeps

all three govts wont impose any restriction on their own people however, and expect the other side to do everything

and thats the problem.

A hard set of rules for one side of a community

we need proper buffer zones for these borders, BUT that means restricting access to these areas for everyone else when sh*t hits the fan

ie. victoria has an outbreak, victorians south of the bubble line cannot go north, even though its regional vic.

or if nsw has an outbreak the tweed is off limits to nsw peeps

all three govts wont impose any restriction on their own people however, and expect the other side to do everything

Ned how do you currently view our border restrictions with NSW in terms of road access?is it something that can be completely policed or need honesty from people too?

Ned how do you currently view our border restrictions with NSW in terms of road access?

zero issue with road access, we need interstate freight

the issue is any arsehat who is infected in NSW can drive down to albury and infect the locals there, and they are free to travel south under the border bubble

FFS Albury has a tent city of people waiting to cross south

NSW need to ensure those in the north dont come into the bubble zone, just as victoria should be doing at this end

zero issue with road access, we need interstate freight

the issue is any arsehat who is infected in NSW can drive down to albury and infect the locals there, and they are free to travel south under the border bubble

FFS Albury has a tent city of people waiting to cross south

NSW need to ensure those in the north dont come into the bubble zone, just as victoria should be doing at this end

nothing we can do in terms of protecting Albury ?

the annoying sh*t is the stuff on repeat (QLD/NSW/VIC not having firm and very clear rules on the borders for when sh*t happens is still baffling to me)

the only one who is consistent is WA, he just shuts up every thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back