Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the issue exactly? The friends kid shouldn't have been there because they tested positive 3 days later? Or she didn't get told they had tested positive? I presume they they would have to do 14 days quarantine even if they had been told they tested positive....?

Sounds like the issue is whoever was looking after her kids (her husband, partner, the grandparent or whoever) did something she wouldn't do......(take her kids to a park )

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Self-evident I would have thought.

[1] Her child was playing in the park. Someone known to them flouted the social distance rule. First piss-off.

[2] When they became Covid positive didn't have the decency to let them know. Second piss off.

Just another example of selfish inconsiderate thoughtless people who are the problem not the solution.

7X1pgrV.jpg

We were always going to be back here while we continued to allow international travelers into an inherently flawed hotel quarantine system. It does not work.

We needed an alternative to the HQ program that would prevent it from getting from infected travelers to the community, and we needed to get moving on vaccines. The federal government dragged its feet on both fronts. There is no defeating this virus; lockdowns and restrictions are just there to buy you time.
Mindset is driving a flawed strategy. Governments are attempting to control a virus rather than accept they cannot control it and adapting accordingly. Daniel Andrews suffers from Messiah complex (as do other premiers). It's reinforced by his natural sociopathic tendencies.

Most people can only think of policies in terms of control. NSW will likely be the first state to be 'back to normal' in Australia because out of all the states NSW has had the least desire to try and control the virus. Other states are likely to take longer to 'return to normal'... at great cost.

Ned how do you currently view our border restrictions with NSW in terms of road access?is it something that can be completely policed or need honesty from people too?

It can be, NSW did it last year, but the manpower makes it impossible for VicPol to undertake with all their other compliance responsibilities and daily duties as well.

It was easy for NSW as they didn’t have their own restrictions to police at the same time as they put out the spot fires from Victoria without resorting to statewide lockdowns.

Right now you’re damn unlucky if you even get pulled up coming into Victoria, they are stopping so few cars it’s running like a breathalyser site, if it’s full everyone is waved on and they don’t operate 24/7.

The Sheriff sent me to get the provisions last night, list in hand. The usual Woolies does the right thing by having someone at the entrance to ask people to QR Code. While I was doing it a young female was heading through. The Woolies staffer pleasantly asked her to QR Code. Had no phone she said. No probs said the Woolies staffer I can do it. But I'm only getting some apples said the simpleton. Grrr!

At the time when one family member is supposed to shop there were couples aplenty. Grrr!

Had to go to the Coles up the road as some list items Woolies didn't have. An exposure sight more than once. Noone at the entrance. About 1/3 were using the QR Code. Grrr! And teenagers were wandering around with no masks. Grrr!

The assistant manager said that for a time he had staff walking around with masks handing them out and politely asking patrons without masks to wear them only to have them regularly abused.

Waited outside a pastry store to grab some lunch today. There was a queue. Two numpties, caps turned backward Hewitt style - no masks. Grrr!

Had it been my shop I wouldn't have served them.

What hope have we got when so many brain-dead numpties are on the loose? A couple of whom post here. Grrr!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GV Health have confirmed that the Shepparton cluster is now 12.
11 family members! Must have been some gathering or very close family (not saying did anything wrong as no regional restrictions on visiting)

Travel from Sydney to Melbourne, for good reasons or otherwise.

And the virus must have come from somewhere. Either from HQ or flights from Sydney or by road. There's no other reasonable source.

Just re: trucks, I think the majority of trucks are doing hand overs at the border. I say majority because I can't speak for all but just about all of our trucks are. Where I work relies on a fair amount of interstate transport that isn't feasible by air (so much stuff is from a couple hundred kilos to a couple tonne) and we've actually got some delays on stuff at the moment as trailers are standing waiting for the next driver. There should be very little traffic of persons between Sydney and Melbourne right now but even with hard borders the two cities are still very much in contact. For example one of the jobs we do for Defence begins in Albury and ends in Sydney after coming to us in Melbourne. So Albury becomes a central point of contact.

Border communities are complex though. My hometown is Wodonga and most of my family still live there. Albury-Wodonga is a single community, people live one side and work the other and rely on services on either side. The border needs to be shifted but it's not like either side is any better right now. Elimination is futile at this point IMO. Vic and NSW should be treated as a single entity.

Mindset is driving a flawed strategy. Governments are attempting to control a virus rather than accept they cannot control it and adapting accordingly. Daniel Andrews suffers from Messiah complex (as do other premiers). It's reinforced by his natural sociopathic tendencies.

Most people can only think of policies in terms of control. NSW will likely be the first state to be 'back to normal' in Australia because out of all the states NSW has had the least desire to try and control the virus. Other states are likely to take longer to 'return to normal'... at great cost.
WA, Tas, SA are back to normal. QLD and NT will soon be back to normal, Victoria was back to normal until South Australia leaked cases out of their HQ, Victora after putting that outbreak out was getting back to normal until NSW and their "least desire to control the virus" ****ed us over And not to mention leaking to The ACT.

The Prime minster wants all the power and none of the responblity, premiers having power is a direct consequence of Scotty being lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back