Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Israel is a particular case. They vaccinated hard, early and around April they just stopped. At around 60%. And it seems there is reducing immunity with time. Now they are scrambling with boosters because they realise they f’ed up.

Denmark have continued a strong vaccination program and are now near 70%. They’ve plateaued at around 1000 cases a day with no deaths. And they’re open. That’s what we should be looking at.

Can you understand why the smaller (population) States wont want to share in the 1000/day cases, happily leave to NSW & Victoria.

Can you understand why the smaller (population) States wont want to share in the 1000/day cases, happily leave to NSW & Victoria.
I‘m in SA. If we get 200-300 cases a day in a heavily vaccinated population with few deaths I’ll take that all day every day. In fact, I think letting covid trickle through society is a good thing, but if you meet the virus, it’s better to be vaccinated, whatever age you are.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but whilst I think Marshall has been good until now, if he balks at a few hundred cases in a heavily vaccinated population, than he’s lost me.

Now we just need to get those numbers up.

Dan will go even harder on restrictions tomorrow but reckon its pretty clear Vic's days of covid zero are gone. This year it's not his fault and he's trying what he can.

But.. realistically we're in lockdown till October and probably November. Is the plan to sit on the harshest settings set tomorrow for the whole time? Or do you wind it back to the initial lockdown settings even with cases still going around. That'll be the interesting one from now on.. there is a danger that when we all give up on zero, compliance goes through the floor because people are just waiting for the vax numbers. Suspect that's where Sydney is..

they dont know for sure. as ive said before they were looking at a suspected illegal traveller, but that didnt pan out

what are you suggesting be done? real answer not the vent answer
I could go through it line by line, but the general principle is that we need our own Nullarbor plain.

That means extremely limited cross-river travel, and somewhat limited travel south of Wangaratta. That means functionally no travel between border communities except for very limited reasons. No cars coming across without being stopped and checked.

Removalists is a hard no, and other ad-hoc transport (machinery/livestock etc) subjected to compulsory covid testing once they cross the border as well as conditions on their permit to try and limit their activity.

Interstate drivers can change at Tarcutta or subject themselves to targeted testing.

No transit through Melbourne Airport. Other travel limited if the risk can not be mitigated by pre-flight testing, quarantine and other strategies. No travel for stupid things like award ceremonies.

I could go on and on about things that I have no practical understanding of. This is just a hip shot from a guy who likes to think he has some idea about some things but probably no idea about most things. But fundamentally, every case comes from a case we have let across the border.

there is a danger that when we all give up on zero, compliance goes through the floor because people are just waiting for the vax numbers. Suspect that's where Sydney is..
Yep. Hoping they can hold the line and not getting overwhelmed health systems while we crunch out the vaxxes. Definitely where NSW are at and hope I’m wrong, but soon Victoria.

I can’t understand how there is open phizer vax appointments next week, what are people waiting for?

As someone in the 30 - 39 age bracket I don’t bother checking as my understanding is I’m not eligible. Am I eligible if there are open appointments?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

according to a friend who works for the department of health regional Vic is going into snap lockdown

depends on the shep case

So six month lockdown over one family in one town? Lol, yep that sounds like Dan…

But yeah it’s pretty much confirmed with their earlier tweet, although the local footy leagues here had already postponed to next week due to NSW lockdown.

So six month lockdown over one family in one town? Lol, yep that sounds like Dan…

But yeah it’s pretty much confirmed with their earlier tweet, although the local footy leagues here had already postponed to next week due to NSW lockdown.
our local footy is off aa well

Andrews partly lost the compliance fight when deadbeats in Victoria saw other deadbeats getting away with non compliance. Now we all pay. He is ******* useless.

Much like they refuse to accept that letting BLM happen last year did the same thing, people saw them get away with it and thought why the * are we following these stupid rules?

Thanks mate I’ll start trying to book an appointment then. Partner had been trying to book us in for Pfizer overflow at a GP but no luck so will just go through the government site now if that’s allowed.

Why would a Premier who is generally popular and -as I posted earlier citing a Roy Morgan survey - one who is gaining popularity resign? He's made some missteps but most have. When you compare him to the inept crook in NSW who has caused this latest lockdown we are fortunate to have him. Gawd help us if O'Brien was in charge during this period. Think you are falling into the group think of the inane neoliberals here. You're way better than that.
Integrity for one. Showing you're willing to accept responsibility and set the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back