Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess more that he let it get away from us again due to going a bit too soft on early transgressors

What should of happened is that dopey dan show some humility and admit his so called gold standard expert health advice was not up to the task of controlling the outbreaks. Instead he took every opportunity to play showboating politics at our expense by forcing unfounded unecessary laws upon us.

Question

What are the thoughts on next weekend?
Covid live has is hitting 80% dd next Saturday 30th. Will he reopen melb to regional that night? Trying to book a regional night away for that sunday.

Or will he delay to the monday or some bs.

Like the roadmap currently says November 5th - has he publicly said he will go earlier for this next step if we reach it earlier. (this would mean we reopen melb to regional travel before sydneysiders can travel to regional nsw.

Question

What are the thoughts on next weekend?
Covid live has is hitting 80% dd next Saturday 30th. Will he reopen melb to regional that night? Trying to book a regional night away for that sunday.

Or will he delay to the monday or some bs.

Like the roadmap currently says November 5th - has he publicly said he will go earlier for this next step if we reach it earlier. (this would mean we reopen melb to regional travel before sydneysiders can travel to regional nsw.

If he cared about regional businesses he’d open up Friday night. If he doesn’t want Melbourne people flocking to Regional Victoria he’ll hold back till Cup day.

If he cared about regional businesses he’d open up Friday night. If he doesn’t want Melbourne people flocking to Regional Victoria he’ll hold back till Cup day.
You know Eddie i agree with most of what you say, I bloody hope you are wrong here though and he opens up on friday / saturday.

Banyule Mayor steps down after IBAC hearings

Banyule Mayor Rick Garotti has stepped down from the position will take a leave of absence from his position on the council for personal reasons days after giving evidence at the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC).

Mini NSW. Do we need a premier in Victoria? Just follow the NSW playbook

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Isn't this just following the National Plan, which Dan helped write?

fmd you campaigners have short memories. Read the ******* plan

Are these morons for real?

Do we just forget that regional didn't have a mask mandate and they have had basically no cases? Cherry picking statistics, nothing new however with what we have seen from these people and our government.

Obviously a virus is less likely to spread in areas where the population is far less dense, and away from any areas of international travel where the highest likelihood of someone having the virus will be, masks or not.

Yes he has said that will be done when we hit the target.

We'll probably get an announcement sometime this weekend or Monday setting the date based on current projections after that there wont be any more movement on the date. But I'd say it will either be from 11:59pm Friday or 11:59pm Saturday.

We'll also get told of anything else being brought forward at the same time. I think they're monitoring the first dose and 12-16 take up to make decisions on that as it indicates the likely 2nd dose coverage etc.

Obviously a virus is less likely to spread in areas where the population is far less dense, and away from any areas of international travel where the highest likelihood of someone having the virus will be, masks or not.

Ok, but show the evidence and science behind the decision, we've been living through covid for 18+ months, they have had ample time to do the science to justify the use of masks (cloth masks) I don't care for their opinion, I want the science to be shown that they base their opinion that shows that it makes a significant difference to mandate it in a state of 6m+ people and now kids in classrooms. And we are discussing outside use, there is absolutely stuff all evidence of outside transmission.

This second sounds even less solid than the first

All that says is they wanted to see how compliant the public is with their directions, compliance does not justify the use of something with no basis of science.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is removal of quarantine for international travelers part of the national plan?
I think in this case once NSW has done it the horse has already bolted so may as well do the same at least for low risk double vaxxed and negative test passengers.

Yes, for double vaxxed from low risk countries.
Good on Dan for keeping or exceeding requirements of the national plan then. Even Scummo has lifted his game over the last few months.

There's hope for this nation after all.

Good on Dan for keeping or exceeding requirements of the national plan then. Even Scummo has lifted his game over the last few months.

There's hope for this nation after all.

Scummo just opened door to corruption via blind trusts, and is about to be shirtfronted by the Queen in Glasgow.

Which part do you see as lifting his game?

Ah freedom day tomorrow yet I still can’t see my grandkids they live regional, can’t play golf as my course is regional, can’t walk in to most retail shops have to wear a mask inside and outside.And I have to put up with der furher dans fanboys telling me how good a job he’s done. That’s freedom!
It's just political for them. No matter what way you look at it, Victoria has handled the pandemic the worst of any state in Australia and that falls on their premier. 260+ days in lockdown (a world record) must have been horrific.

Is the curfew on from 9pm to 11.59pm tonight?
yes. What a FKCN joke, hey?! I was cycling earlier this evening, and a flat caused me to get home at about 9:15pm. I tells ya, there were A LOT of cars on the road after 9 o'clock. I'm tempted to go out at midnight to get some petrol and air in me tyres for the first in about 4 months. How interesting. :grinv1:

Last edited:
Frankly you all should be thanking them for the 3 hour curfew last night as otherwise you would have had to find some other inconsequential thing to bitch about. Speaking of which what's the next minor detail that is going to be blown way out of proportion?

Government should have saved us all the bitching and have the curfew ended at 5am Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back