Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Barnaby quote was appalling and Josh should have distanced himself.

What part of its a Victorian problem and its up to Victorians alone to fix it did we misunderstand? The part where the Andrews government implemented lockdowns such as the February 2021 lockdown and demanded federal financial assistance for people impacted. Yet the reasons behind the lockdown were suppressed and have never been divulged.

that comment was the day i moved to be in favour of victoria leaving the federation

we faced the biggest crisis in our states history, and the pm and treasurer said "soz mate, you're on your own"

* them, * nsw, and * anyone who still cowers to those arsehats

that comment was the day i moved to be in favour of victoria leaving the federation

we faced the biggest crisis in our states history, and the pm and treasurer said "soz mate, you're on your own"

duck them, duck nsw, and duck anyone who still cowers to those arsehats
As strongly as you feel, there are probably thousands of Victorians who feel cheated by Dan, and this is why the pandemic will be a live issue come November. 264 days in lockdown. My neighbour moved to Noosa in December 2021 (probably the worst time to have moved to QLD with the rains and floods) but he moved a thriving business that employed 65 people because he'd had enough of what was going on in this state. He wasn't alone, I'm sure. It goes both ways, and one only hopes Albo will teach Andrews to become empathic, inclusive and humble, although I doubt Dan can be changed

As strongly as you feel, there are probably thousands of Victorians who feel cheated by Dan, and this is why the pandemic will be a live issue come November. 264 days in lockdown. My neighbour moved to Noosa in December 2021 (probably the worst time to have moved to QLD with the rains and floods) but he moved a thriving business that employed 65 people because he'd had enough of what was going on in this state. He wasn't alone, I'm sure. It goes both ways, and one only hopes Albo will teach Andrews to become empathic, inclusive and humble, although I doubt Dan can be changed

and yet you defend us being abandoned

after 2020 i will never consider myself australian again

A popular Labor Premier who has communicated effectively to the electorate almost every day during the pandemic, being constantly undermined for their successful COVID control measures by Liberals in Canberra and Liberals in Parliament, who are now resorting to accusations of authoritarianism.

I wonder how this will turn out, it's completely unprecedented in Australian political history, surely it should result in a Liberal government come election time.

and yet you defend us being abandoned

after 2020 i will never consider myself australian again
Why do you keep putting words in other people's mouths and making sweeping statements that aren't true? Where did I say I defended ":us being abandoned"? I merely said what the thinking of the feds was, i.e., if and when Dan called another lockdown he could rely on JobKeeper which the feds believed would only encourage more and longer lockdowns.

A popular Labor Premier who has communicated effectively to the electorate almost every day during the pandemic, being constantly undermined for their successful COVID control measures by Liberals in Canberra and Liberals in Parliament, who are now resorting to accusations of authoritarianism.

I wonder how this will turn out, it's completely unprecedented in Australian political history, surely it should result in a Liberal government come election time.
Do you live in Victoria?

Why do you keep putting words in other people's mouths and making sweeping statements that aren't true? Where did I say I defended ":us being abandoned"? I merely said what the thinking of the feds was, i.e., if and when Dan called another lockdown he could rely on JobKeeper which the feds believed would only encourage more and longer lockdowns.

You're talking like Lockdowns weren't a necessary evil to get us to the stage we are today.

1 in 4 Victorians have now had COVID in the past 5 months. Now imagine if that was a Delta wave (instead of Omicron) with an unvaccinated population and no way to rapidly confirm 10k positive cases a day?

Lockdowns were required, whether you liked them or not.

Do you live in Victoria?

No but have friends and family there. Of course there are some that detest him with a passion but just like the McGowan hate train here, it's a vocal minority. The average non-partisan voter will generally approve of their Premier's handling of COVID in Victoria and WA.

No but have friends and family there. Of course there are some that detest him with a passion but just like the McGowan hate train here, it's a vocal minority. The average non-partisan voter will generally approve of their Premier's handling of COVID in Victoria and WA.
LOL, a "vocal minority". Who are you kidding?

like i said yesterday, the anti-dan soggy biscuit brigade are feelen a little antsy after the weekend just gone ..... nov will be an interesting contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What could give Guy some hope is some of the swings west and north of Melbourne, Labor's strongholds.

Hawke, the new seat that covers Melton, Caroline Springs etc...had a 2% swing to Liberal.
Wasn’t that due to strong UAP and other cooker types then preference to liberals?

Im a victorian and i live in victoria

if you want to bath in nsw exceptionalism, head north yourself
Here you go again!! I am Victorian and despise Sydney-centricity. I've lived in VIC a lot longer than you.

You make a comment that you no longer consider yourself Australian and then have the audacity to suggest I want to bathe in "nsw exceptionalism" because I asked if its time for you leave Australia. Never change Ned, LOL

The people that left won't be voting

Here you go again!! I am Victorian and despise Sydney-centricity. I've lived in VIC a lot longer than you.

You make a comment that you no longer consider yourself Australian and then have the audacity to suggest I want to bathe in "nsw exceptionalism" because I asked if its time for you leave Australia. Never change Ned, LOL

I just dont believe in cheering those who spat on my state like you did

The people that left won't be voting
Good point. But the 30 or so employees who were retrenched because they didn't want to move to QLD will be voting. No idea who they are

Good point. But the 30 or so employees who were retrenched because they didn't want to move to QLD will be voting. No idea who they are
Nobody cares either
Certainly not Albo or Dan

Keep it up Ned. You'll make a good fiction writer, if only you knew how to use capitals and paragraphs properly!

Where have I spat on my state? If being hyper critical of the Andrews government is spitting on my state then I pity you

It's not your state.
States are made up anyway.
Find something else to base your personality

Nobody cares either
Certainly not Albo or Dan

You know, I reckon Albo would care. He seems to be a genuine caring guy. But I agree with you. Dan only cares about one person - Dan

Keep it up Ned. You'll make a good fiction writer, if only you knew how to use capitals and paragraphs properly!

Where have I spat on my state? If being hyper critical of the Andrews government is spitting on my state then I pity you

youre cheering frydo for saying its a victorian problem and up to victorians alone to fix it (in response to the state asking for fed support)

glad i will never have you defending my back

So you think LNP will win easily if you're laughing at a 'vocal minority?
No. never said that. But someone in WA who has Labor family in Victoria telling me that a "vocal minority" disapproved of how Dan handled the pandemic is just disingenuous. I know plenty of Labor voters who cannot stand Dan, but will they vote LNP? Probably not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back