Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This has probably been a godsend for him.

He can boot the guy now and not suffer the fallout for it.

If that's how it plays out it's a positive as there's no room for people like him in politics, however he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who will go down without dragging others with him.

Victorian State Parliament will be sitting this week (tomorrow until Thursday). Will be interesting to see how Daniel Andrews handles the barrage of questions coming from the Opposition in question time over the sacking of Adem Somyurek, and will they move for a vote of no confidence on the floor of parliament against Andrews.

What is it about the Vic Labor party that attracts people who get into these levels of corruption and criminality?

And more BAD NEWS for Big Ears, a second BLM protester tests positive for Covid.

It's both sides of the fence champ, but at least one side actually takes action and boots people when it happens. Andrews refers this to IBAC, meanwhile Scomo shuts down mere discussion of a national ICAC.

It's both sides of the fence champ, but at least one side actually takes action and boots people when it happens. Andrews refers this to IBAC, meanwhile Scomo shuts down mere discussion of a national ICAC.

Not enough action was taken after the Redshirts scandal, or this guy's previous indiscretions.

Not enough action was taken after the Redshirts scandal, or this guy's previous indiscretions.

Or on a number of other cases from all sides of Victorian politics, but there was still some form of entity that could investigate and prosecute instances of corruption and poor governance.

If this happened (when it happens) at a federal level nothing would come of it as the ICAC continues to be voted down. In fact it cannot even be discussed in parliament as one side continues to shut it down.

Or on a number of other cases from all sides of Victorian politics, but there was still some form of entity that could investigate and prosecute instances of corruption and poor governance.

Introduced by the state Libs, since you want to deflect to them.

Which sounds all very well and good, but you're discounting an incredible amount of potential reasons why people might drive to work further into Melbourne than they are. Public transport might not be practical from where they are, they might have to drop kids off to school, they might be picking something up or dropping off on the way. Someone could be going somewhere after work that they need their car to drive to, and thus are only driving to work today.

And then you've got the issue of housing. If you're a young person who's starting out - renting or having bought your first house - and you've got a good job in the CBD, living closer might not be an option for you, and public transport could be interrupted on your line frequently making them unreliable.

Part of the problem is that Melbourne's a big city geographically. Public transport is difficult to set out in such a way to allow for population spread, so people drive. Simply telling people that they should be taking public transport ignores any number of individual circumstances which render it not an option.

Faark me Melbourne residents are spoilt, SPOILT for public transport options, even in many of the outer suburbs.

I have lived in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide in my life and Melbourne's transport infrastructure comes up trumps by a long way.

Personally, I think people simply prefer the comfort and anonymity of hiding away in their cocoons on wheels and until there is a genuine disincentive to drive, it will always be that way.

Faark me Melbourne residents are spoilt, SPOILT for public transport options, even in many of the outer suburbs.

I have lived in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide in my life and Melbourne's transport infrastructure comes up trumps by a long way.

Personally, I think people simply prefer the comfort and anonymity of hiding away in their cocoons on wheels and until there is a genuine disincentive to drive, it will always be that way.
You'll get no argument there from me. IMO, Australians have unrealistic expectations of how good public transport should be, usually based off Japan or Europe. The problem is that Japan is a condensed population that need be taken a small way and Europe has had stable populations well within planning margins for almost centuries; we, on the other hand, have more than doubled our population in the last 40 years, and we have a significant distance to travel to get anywhere.

However, none of that goes toward discrediting what I said in my initial post. People can and do have valid reasons why they're driving, and it all adds up to congestion on our roads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear, they are falling apart over there. They can count out $2000 in a brown paper bag. Can't count to 17 when trying to run a state.

Maybe should have asked his assistant treasurer, who is tremendous with numbers.

And have a look at the mug on him. Looks like a Charles Manson Family member.

I'm ashamed to call myself a Victorian today. :(

Introduced by the state Libs, since you want to deflect to them.

No s**t, props to Napthine for bringing it in. But the red shirts scandal where not enough action was taken, that was due to how the Libs set up IBAC. Swings and roundabouts, doesn't change anything from what I stated being fact.

Breaking news:
A second Victorian government minister has just resigned over the corruption scandal. If ever the Victorian Coalition wants to bring on a vote of no confidence in Daniel Andrews as premier, it’s right now. Interesting to see if they will go about doing it, and will they have enough numbers on the floor of parliament to win the vote and therefore bring on a constitutional crisis?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Breaking news:
A second Victorian government minister has just resigned over the corruption scandal. If ever the Victorian Coalition wants to bring on a vote of no confidence in Daniel Andrews as premier, it’s right now. Interesting to see if they will go about doing it, and will they have enough numbers on the floor of parliament to win the vote and therefore bring on a constitutional crisis?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

How will they have enough numbers on the floor?

Corruption is rife in Australian politics, anyone who doesn't advocate for a ICAC are accomplices at this stage.

Breaking news:

No. And if anyone thinks otherwise then they desperately need medical attention.

This has probably been a godsend for him.

He can boot the guy now and not suffer the fallout for it.

This.

Short term pain for long term gain for Andrews. He gets to watch his fiercest factional opponent be purged, that opponents allies all be purged or at least sidelined, and suffer at worst no more fallout for it than for the Red Shirts saga which obviously had minimal impact 2 and a half years out from an election.

Victorian State Parliament will be sitting this week (tomorrow until Thursday). Will be interesting to see how Daniel Andrews handles the barrage of questions coming from the Opposition in question time over the sacking of Adem Somyurek, and will they move for a vote of no confidence on the floor of parliament against Andrews.

When you have 21 seats in the Lower House, such a vote would be pretty much pointless. The thing with the wholse story which would be worrying the Liberals federally is the decisive action in under 24 hours. If this happened in the federal sphere, Morrison would have acted opposite, such is his formguide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back