Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope -Andrews should have stuck to his guns and held out but if you are seriously suggesting the Murdoch press has no influence on what happens on this planet, well...

You must think the ordinary bloke cant think for themself, its the rusted on that act a cheer squad. Stop making excuses for your mob.

Yeah, the same guys are in the cancel culture thread trying to save statues

Gotta save them statues, but your grannies gotta die to covid because our economy!

No wonder why the world is ****ed, these people are controlling the discourse

Nope. Even over in WA we have had people like Clive Palmer take the fact he can't fly over here ans do business without quarentine to the supreme court and some high profile talk back media whinge to open the bnorder back up.

They are very quiet ATM
I was dissapointed McGowan at the time didnt lay out his thinking on what steps would allow things to reopen, what scenarios would preclude it etc. Mostly done that now apart from the State border.

Anyone watching the presser? He is completely contradictory in his speech.

On one hand he is saying the numbers are unacceptably high:
But then that this will be with us for a very very long time. We need a new Covid Normal.

So which is it? We can't keep locking down every time there is an uptake. The damage is nuclear. This thing won't go away next year or the year after.

So what is the overall strategy? The end goal? If it is elimination he just admitted that won't happen. So then what?

My problem with Andrews were how fine happy the police were due to his lockdown

Had a friend get fined because they went one town over because there wasn't a target in that town

Anyone watching the presser? He is completely contradictory in his speech.

On one hand he is saying the numbers are unacceptably high:
But then that this will be with us for a very very long time. We need a new Covid Normal.

So which is it? We can't keep locking down every time there is an uptake. The damage is nuclear. This thing won't go away next year or the year after.

So what is the overall strategy? The end goal? If it is elimination he just admitted that won't happen. So then what?

I dont think there is a govt in the world with any certainty or knowledge as to how to get out of this.

So when we had sensible lockdown rules a month or two ago, people were crying Chairman Dan and his dictatorship

Now that we tried to go out of lockdown like they wanted (despite repeated warnings of a 2nd wave), they are crying that he is ******* up

You can't please the conservative contrarians whose sole purpose is to find reasons to be outraged, and use the pandemic as an opportunity for a partisan attack.

like the bushfires, anything seen as political, my mob is triffic, the other mob is hopeless ......

Lol Dan

“I’m not going to lecture or criticise Victorian s”

Yeah, other than the hundreds of times you have throughout this process

Newsflash for the people who blame lifting of restrictions, if that’s the case why no sharp rises elsewhere? Victoria was the slowest to ease any restrictions

Also you cannot expect to keep people locked up after you allow 10k to gather legally. At that stage all credibility is lost. You can all bullshit about it wasn’t the protests, you’ll probably hate the other reason even more, but at that moment no one was going to stay home anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Morrison.

There, I said it. In the Dan Andrews thread of all places. If you don't like it you can discuss it with a moderator.

Seems like you are the one pissed off.

1) Scott Morrison thread That way man--> Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

2) Nah. More fun watching you get hot and bothered.

3) I am living rent free in your head. Nice views. Seems this place could use a bit of a clean though.

It would be nice if he could do one press conference where he wasn't so politically defensive, and deflecting blame onto easy targets like large families and individuals.

Never gonna happen. Too much hubris and arrogance.

It would be nice if he could do one press conference where he wasn't so politically defensive, and deflecting blame onto easy targets like large families and individuals.

Depends, has he laid the blame on the reason For those large family gatherings which are very confined to a certain group, or is he still blaming all Victorian families?

Think it was "Rich" who was the only journo to throw a grenade about the hotel quarantine. Just the sort of press conference that I'd expect from a skilled politician - deflection, time buying, avoiding answers etc.

Depends, has he laid the blame on the reason For those large family gatherings which are very confined to a certain group, or is he still blaming all Victorian families?

He is using broad sweeping language which doesn't correlate with where the actual "hotspots" are IMO.

His press conference was infuriating. Openly blamed Victorian's for "not quite doing the right thing".

What I didn't hear was a response as to his decision to refuse AFP and military quarantine help and use private security firms instead, which directly led to key outbreaks and community transmission.

He also spoke about finding a new normal and that this will not go away. What we didn't hear him explain is why in most other states has it gone away and they are largely soon to be able to get back to a normal normal?

It was pathetic his blame shifting and complete total unaccountability for his stuff ups.

His press conference was infuriating. Openly blamed Victorian's for "not quite doing the right thing".

What I didn't hear was a response as to his decision to refuse AFP and military quarantine help and use private security firms instead, which directly led to key outbreaks and community transmission.

He also spoke about finding a new normal and that this will not go away. What we didn't hear him explain is why in most other states has it gone away and they are largely soon to be able to get back to a normal normal?

It was pathetic his blame shifting and complete total unaccountability for his stuff ups.

Imagine the cost to the state due to his mismanagement. Now he is expecting the public to drink more of his kool aid. Begs belief.

He is not wrong, I'm out in the CBD every day and the amount of people who don't wear masks or social distance are terrifying, despite advice/warnings displayed everywhere

Yet if he puts up more rules to get these selfish gits in line, they cry and call him a dictator

Australian society isn't organised enough to deal with a pandemic through self-moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back