Hypothetical question: What if a player (e.g. Scharenberg) were homesick and wanted to go home

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculative pick? Lol are you ******* high?

Clearly you haven't watched the kid play. He's still playing well within himself, but the talent is pretty evident.
'Speculative' in that he had an injury that meant he was not on our immediate playing radar. First the feet had to get right. So no preseason. Again no preseason this year. Yes, I have seen him play, keenly followed his progress and if he wasn't a first round pick returning from injury there would be no thread here. The kid exhibits class but not mind blowing outstanding right now to generate this thread.

I hope he becomes a superstar BUT right now you all have rose coloured glasses and are over reacting to the hype.

Scharenberg will be a 2016/17 new recruit basically. He has little trade currency right now. He is around 25 to 35 on the list at the moment. I'm not knocking him. I'm just saying stop talking like Pendlebury is leaving here.

Scharenberg, through injury (and speculation/risk management) needs time. He has not played an AFL game yet.

Freeman and Scharanberg could be huge to our future. Right now they are VFL players returning from significant injuries.

Th sky is not going to fall in.

This song is dedicated to this thread about the Berg

The simple answer is: You DO NOT let a number 6 pick go before you see what the man can do.
The trade answer: He was taken at number 6 with an existing injury.
We have spent 2 years getting him right. Give us a top 10 pick and a really good player.

Will it be a fun place to visit?

No.

I feel sorry for the mods because they have little choice on whether or not they can avoid the forum for a number of weeks..

This board will turn to absolute shit even if we say beat Hawthorn/Freo and lose the other 5 of the next 6.

I'm worried about how the board will melt down if we lose the next 4 games as we probably will. We may even lose all 6 until we meet Melbourne again in the rematch. What manner of calling for Buckleys head will we expect. How many drop Langdon, Frost, Blair, Goldsack, .... Threads will we have to endure. Will it be a fun place to visit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

images

Interesting Post about Matt Scharanberg:

Some people just don't get energy from others. Instead being highly social drains them. Matt is not an extrovert by any stretch.

Matt was very homesick but is happy. His girlfriend being in Melbourne is very helpful. He has plenty of friends at CFC

He's been labelled the best schoolboy footballer Mark Choco Williams ever saw... Let's stick with him.

http://www.voy.com/51976/313840.html

Listening to Derek Hine on his 'Road to the draft' interview he seems pretty confident that Shaz and Freeman will sign new contracts.

***Mod Edit***
TD heard the following rumour on radio today regarding Scharenberg.
So, let's have a hypothetical discussion regarding any player in a similar situation.
Given that a Club has invested 2 years training, and then rehabilitating a young player, yet to play a Seniors' game, is it acceptable for a player to want out at the end of the year?

Well read that on MMM said Pies offered him big Coin and he said he is Very HomeSick

Though I highly doubt that is True. IF it is, I won’t play him again this year

Mega Troll...

I would be very upset if we lost Shazz.

Unfortunately it was always on the cards. Being away from home and stuck in the rehab group for 2 years. The poor bloke probably does not even feel like part of the team.

I watched an interview with him and Nathan Freeman, and I think he said at that point he had hardly even spoken to Bucks because he had been in rehab for the entire year.

I hope we get good compo out of Adelaide for him, but I find it hard to work out what he is worth?

Maybe if we get Aish I will feel a little better. ;)

Unfortunately it was always on the cards. Being away from home and stuck in the rehab group for 2 years. The poor bloke probably does not even feel like part of the team.

I watched an interview with him and Nathan Freeman, and I think he said at that point he had hardly even spoken to Bucks because he had been in rehab for the entire year.

I hope we get good compo out of Adelaide for him, but I find it hard to work out what he is worth?

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took a little look on the Adelaide board to see what they think Shaz is worth.

Just out of curiosity, who is Ricky Henderson again? Apparently him and their second or third rounder is more than generous.

I took a little look on the Adelaide board to see what they think Shaz is worth.

Just out of curiosity, who is Ricky Henderson again? Apparently him and their second or third rounder is more than generous.
Like ****!! Henderson is poo. Would be there first round or nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that uncommon. I heard Bomber was the same with Mcartney talking to all of the new draftees.

This is why in the traft you should target quality Victorian players and forget the rest. Obviously if a Vic is not good enough to warrant a certain pick you have to take the interstater.

This song is dedicated to this thread about the Berg

Rumor has it "the berg" had Red Fool glassed to stop that very song being posted in this thread...
article-2736051-20DC4B6800000578-618_634x633.jpg

A pensive Sharenberg declined to deny the rumors when not asked by this correspondent....
His silence as good as a "Yes!"I reckon.....

MS620.jpg

Rumor has it Shazza has requested he do his time at Yatala if convicted, or if in fact he is charged or even linked to the glassing or .......

Not that uncommon. I heard Bomber was the same with Mcartney talking to all of the new draftees.

Yeah its more an problem with all clubs in general. Seems to suck being injured and treated like you don't exist anymore.

I think he'll re-sign.
I just listened to it and that's just the way Dekka speaks, (he gives nothing away).

Dekka never gives anything away.

He says a lot without saying much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back