Food, Drink & Dining Out I regularly defend Perth, but ???????

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?

1) More time in the evening in summer to do outdoor things
2) Puts us more in to line with the eastern states = positive effects on the economy

This has been done to death a million times in a million posts, but Perth does not need it. I do lots of stuff on summer evenings and they are generally more pleasurable when the sun has gone down. I am not going to have another debate on this issue on here though.

This has been done to death a million times in a million posts, but Perth does not need it. I do lots of stuff on summer evenings and they are generally more pleasurable when the sun has gone down. I am not going to have another debate on this issue on here though.

Hmmm you present a strong case :rolleyes:

Wow, he just said he cant be bothered arguing about it. What do you expect?
"i don't want to argue about this as i've been involved in unfullfilling arguments on the topic a gazillion times..... but hey you seem like such a compelling guy, i'd love to impress you with my argument so i'll make an exception."

yeah right :rolleyes:

I was there 1st - 8th of July with a thousand other students getting shitfaced and dressing in only bodypaint and undies. Did anyone see us?

I thought Adelaide could be quiet, but Perth takes it to a new level! Very laid back atmosphere and unfortunately not much night life from what I saw :(

The daylight saving debate now? Bottom of barrel has arrived.

549492_3857583831652_1324547566_n.jpg

The daylight saving debate now? Bottom of barrel has arrived.

549492_3857583831652_1324547566_n.jpg
People who resort to this are:
• Boring themselves and easily pleased
• Actually enjoy the things WA has to offer – which is fine. I can understand that and it's cool. But realise that other people have interests that aren't readily or consistently available in Perth
• People who are tied down in Perth and have a deep, buried jealousy for people who can get out
• Bogans
• Poms

Honestly, the place is a laughing stock. You know how Perth-ites give Adelaide s**t? We're no better.

I was there 1st - 8th of July with a thousand other students getting shitfaced and dressing in only bodypaint and undies. Did anyone see us?

I thought Adelaide could be quiet, but Perth takes it to a new level! Very laid back atmosphere and unfortunately not much night life from what I saw :(

You study Med?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont get why so many whinge about Perth. Sure its no tourist destination but its got most of things you need if you know where to look and its a reasonable clean city. Theres nothing stopping anyone from leaving. Sick of listening to a pack of whingers

I dont get why so many whinge about Perth. Sure its no tourist destination but its got most of things you need if you know where to look and its a reasonable clean city. Theres nothing stopping anyone from leaving. Sick of listening to a pack of whingers

You must really love Singapore - there are not long hairs and no bubblegum underfoot in the streets

People who resort to this are:
• Boring themselves and easily pleased
• Actually enjoy the things WA has to offer – which is fine. I can understand that and it's cool. But realise that other people have interests that aren't readily or consistently available in Perth
• People who are tied down in Perth and have a deep, buried jealousy for people who can get out
• Bogans
• Poms

Honestly, the place is a laughing stock. You know how Perth-ites give Adelaide s**t? We're no better.

Or they're people like you who have had their balls just drop and only been able to get in to places for over 18s so clearly don't know what they're talking about. Maybe when you learn a bit more about licenced venues and what they can offer (especially when it comes to the arts) then you might actually know what you're on about. Ignorance is bliss hey?

But, hey, you snuck in to Laneway Festival when under 18 so you're obviously a lot more hard core than anyone else on here. I bow to you king of the hipsters.

I tend to agree with the "being bored is probably an indication you are boring" mantra - and generally your friends as well
I've been to many a place both big and small and rarely ever get bored, there is always something to do. - I've has as much fun in Hobart as I have had in NY or Tokyo - it's just different but no less enjoyable.

The problem with the modern person, if it isn't something they are used to doing consistently or falls outside the their small window of "interesting" it's boring. The constant looking at their ******* phone doesn't help either.

the one thing I can't understand is those who complain about a lack of variety in "nightlife" i've have friends (who moved to Melbourne and Sydney) who always complained about this topic.

when I visit them, they and their local friends always take me to the same ******* places anyway - so I assume it is the illusion of variety, rather than the actual variety that does it for people – a lot like the people that talk up the variety of beers around the place but buy the same shitty carton every time because it’s cheap.

Or they're people like you who have had their balls just drop and only been able to get in to places for over 18s so clearly don't know what they're talking about. Maybe when you learn a bit more about licenced venues and what they can offer (especially when it comes to the arts) then you might actually know what you're on about. Ignorance is bliss hey?

But, hey, you snuck in to Laneway Festival when under 18 so you're obviously a lot more hard core than anyone else on here. I bow to you king of the hipsters.
So, okay, you have a go at me for not doing anything. You're implying that I'm just not 'putting myself' out there and so that's why I don't like Perth. But when I engage and do something (especially something that could end up a waste of $130 – fair money for a first year student), I'm laughed at again?

Its pathetic isn't it? When I go back home I pine for those small bars we have in Melbourne. North Melbourne has heaps - Freo would be the logical place for similar liquor laws.
I find this post the most bizzare post in this thread.

why do you "pine" for small wine bars? what you can't handle chosing wine without a menu and a pretentious waiter for a couple days?

Don't get me wrong, I like wine bars (adelaide has a few inner city ones popping up) but a good restaraunt, inner city pub or cafe fills the gap pretty easily.

why do you "pine" for small wine bars? what you can't handle chosing wine without a menu and a pretentious waiter for a couple days?

Don't get me wrong, I like wine bars (adelaide has a few inner city ones popping up) but a good restaraunt, inner city pub or cafe fills the gap pretty easily.

Yeah for you it does but others it doesn't.

I'm fussy about the places i go to; going to any place because it serves alcohol and food is absolutely not an option. I'd rather stay home.

Have you ever been to a wine bar its more hippy than haute cuisine brother. It just the 70s style "taverns" like the Karalee in Como or beer barns the OBH don't do it for me... I miss the establishments I have in North Melbourne so sue me...and you have taken me out of context - I am really talking about the bullshit restrictive liquor laws in WA rather than finding a place to look for rasberry notes and cheeky pinots!

Have you ever been to a wine bar its more hippy than haute cuisine brother. It just the 70s style "taverns" like the Karalee in Como or beer barns the OBH don't do it for me... I miss the establishments I have in North Melbourne so sue me...and you have taken me out of context - I am really talking about the bullshit restrictive liquor laws in WA rather than finding a place to look for rasberry notes and cheeky pinots!

oh ok.

my apologies :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back