I swear it was something I ate

• Thread starter Don
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

D

Don

Just must pass comment on the CJ Hunter thing.

Saw some US chatboards were they were crying foul about being accused of a cover up. They even said there was no evidence. He was 1000 times the limit. Also said it shouldn't reflect on M Jones. So "what drugs have you been taking today dear"

Apparently a former US track and Field official has come out and said "we have a contolled doping program, not a doping control program"

Apparently Amwerican would never take performance enhancing drugs.

Good on the IOC for taking the Medal from the Romanian Gymnast. Injuries and illness are luck of the draw, you just have to cope it.

Thorpe apparently had a cold at the tiome of the 400m final and didn't test positive.

Enough Said

I must say that CJ definately has cheated but i am not sure about the romanian gymnast. I know the IOC had to take the medal of her but it is mainly her doctors fault, he is in charge of giving her the right medication that doesn't have an illegal drug in it and he failed. She probably didn't know the medication had the substance in it but she also could be just making excuses.

I don't think the Romanian gymnast would do something like that. She is young and talented and probably quite honest. She can't be that desperate as she has many more olympics to come.

At least CJ Hunter didnt compete in the games ! It would of been quite nasty if he was caught after winning a medal or something.

I heard a report that Hunter is always the first in line for dinner in the Athletes Village - but that doesn't suprise me looking at his size.

Ya gotta feel sorry for the Rumanian Gymnast. She is young and probably naive and probably innocently took medicine she may have been told was legal.

But what olympic Coaching staff would not be aware their star performer was ill? If she had not taken the medicine would she have been well enough to perform as well as she did? Who knows. The fact is you cannot take the substance she took and compete. She did take them, knowingly or innocently, and should be stripped of the medal. You cannot play favourites with this.

Yep Dunni, Sam Reily was given a headache tablet by her coach Scott Voldkers during a PanPacs or a World Champs Meet, she was tested positive by FINA but I dont think she was suspended/stripped of her medals.

With the Gymnast its the thin edge of the wedge. It meets the definition of 'performance enhacing' if she didn't take it she might not have been up to it, it's bad luck but there are probably many olympians who have lost medals through illness and injury, whose chances would've improved if they could use banned drugs.

The words performance enhancing are the critical words here. They could mean one of two meanings. The first is that by taking the drug you improve your performance so that you are better than you usually are and the other is that by taking the drug you improve your performance but still aren't at full strength as in the case of the Romanian gymnist. This probably could have been worded better but you still get the idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back