I was there.....Classic moments worth revisiting because nobody will believe it....

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember that well, and I must admit I didn't like it. We were about 12 goals in front and preventing him from kicking his hundred achieved nothing. Buddy had already secured the Coleman as well.

Clarko is savage, but that was pointless imo.
How good would it have been if 2 players had kicked 100 goals in the 150th season of the game in the same game and we had 2 ground invasions

Me too but for me
GRAND FINAL 1970 - Highest ever crowd which will never be beaten. The first "modern" game - fit player taken off at half time, handball changes the outcome, the greatest mark of all time?, the greatest comeback of all time in an era when that never happened. The greatest single game of the greatest game in the world?
As a neutral it was a ripper.
The effect of McKenna getting taken out by Tuddys friendly fire before half time was only fully comprended a quarter or so later. Jezza started playing up the ground from memory and i think his mark of the millennium was taken far from home near the wing?
My mother a die hard pie couldnt handle the despair of that loss and forfuitously for her my ol man convinced her to switch to the hawks and she got a payout the very next year, and coincidentally another champ ff got taken out, by enemy rather than friendly fire. Those were the days.

I was there in 1979 when Stan Magro shirtronted Jezza, on the outer wing at Princess Park, just in front of where i was standing. The incident left Jezza knocked out cold and saw him rushed to St Vincent’s Hospital, where coincidentally his wife was, after giving birth to their third child a few days earlier.

I was just a young kid back then. Dad had the radio on when it was announced, in the car. He had to pull over. I didnt understand the big deal at first.
Had to pull over? Fair enough, i myself probably would have kept driving but this is before my time

I was at Waverley when Dunstall kicked 17 goals against the Tigers, when we came back from being 60+ points down against St Kilda. I was also at Fitzroys last training session at Waverley and the last game ever at Waverley.

Last edited:
Round 5 1998 Richmond vs West Coast a Friday night game at the MCG and Scott Turner delivered the biggest bump I've ever seen to Dean Kemp.

Remember the game being held up for the longest time as they treated Kemp on the ground before finally taking him off.

Was at the line in the sand match back in 04. Was staring right at Campbell Brown as he completely dog shotted Winderlich as he was being helped off the ground by trainers. One of the most cowardly acts I've seen on a football field and wasn't picked up by cameras.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the line in the sand match back in 04. Was staring right at Campbell Brown as he completely dog shotted Winderlich as he was being helped off the ground by trainers. One of the most cowardly acts I've seen on a football field and wasn't picked up by cameras.

Was there too but didn't see this unfold, lloyd always touches on it too so it must've been a shocker.. care to elaborate??

Yes I was at that match too cant believe i forgot lol.

Was sitting on the wing about few rows back from the fence saw the brawl right in front of me was hectic.

Zaharakis Anzac Day goal. Reckon I nearly burst a lung celebrating it.

The crowd noise from that goal was absolutely incredible.

Haha I was celebrating so hard that I busted a few blood vessels in my throat lols. I was behind the goals when he kicked It that roar was ******* load that the stands were vibrating.

Round 5 1998 Richmond vs West Coast a Friday night game at the MCG and Scott Turner delivered the biggest bump I've ever seen to Dean Kemp.

Remember the game being held up for the longest time as they treated Kemp on the ground before finally taking him off.

was that the bump Foster's used for their 'how to speak Australian' ad campaign back then?
Dean Kemp getting bumped... "TOUCH FOOTBALL"

Haha I was celebrating so hard that I busted a few blood vessels in my throat lols. I was behind the goals when he kicked It that roar was ******* load that the stands were vibrating.

Haha yeah I was exactly the same, throat was absolutely butchered for about a week afterwards!

And yeah you can see the footage/camera itself actually shaking in the aftermath of the goal, ahh what a moment

i-was-there-brian-williams-meme-1447431967.jpg

Back in 1987 the Swans were an incredible team filled with champions on every line thanks to the money of a private owner with a liking for blonde wives half his age.

In round 16 they put a then new to the VFL West Coast to the sword to the tune of 201 to 71.

The following week they played the Dons, a team who only 2 years earlier had celebrated the second of their consecutive flags. The result was an embarrassment for the boys from Windy Hill and their master coach Kevin Sheedy - the Swans running out 236 to 73 winners.

It was with some trepidation I agreed to travel to Sydney the following week to see the Tiges play on a Friday night against the all conquering Swans. The death spiral that had afflicted Richmond post the 1982 Grand Final loss had well and truly hit by then with us sitting on the bottom of the ladder.

Media speculation during the week centred on the Swans unprecedented scoring streak and what they would do to the hapless Tigers.

At half time things were going to the script - the Swans leading 103 to 47.

From that point things started to go wrong for Sydney. Try as they might they couldn't break down the Richmond defence.

Was it the 5 day break?

A new defensive system architected by Tiger premiership coach Tony Jewel?

Leather poisoning?

For what ever reason the Swan weren't able to post the double ton - winning 198 to 107 and thus missing out on scoring 200 or more in three consecutive matches.

It remains to this day the only game I've seen at the SCG.

This is a good post.

Misdirection is a skill utilised rarely on bigfooty, at least compared to other boards on the internet.

Was wondering that last night, if someone kicks their 100th goal in the gf you can still invade the ground right? Wonder if it has ever happened before?

Gil would go all high and mighty that on the spot fines would be issued, double than normal because its a GF
... but we all know that fans will still jump the fence for the moment... perhaps it wouldn't be as bad as the AFL would fear since a big chunk of the crowd at the GF are corporates anyway and wouldn't dare to run onto the field

with footy being more defensive tactics than it was in decades past, kicking a ton in today's game is pretty special... for it to happen in a GF would be out of this world and a talking point for many years thereafter...

I remember a Richmond-Melbourne match I went to many years ago (James Cook was playing for Melbourne, which gives you some idea). I think it was RD 1 or 2, so the AFL had probably changed a few rules and nobody knew what the ***** was going on.

It was a close game, and in the last quarter, both sets of supporters were getting totally fed up with the umpiring. The mood changed from bewilderment, to frustration, to anger, to outright disgust. The fans were almost fighting over who got the worst decision. Every time the whistle went, everyone stopped, looked at the umps and either (A) Let fly with a massive spray or (B) Shook their head and mumbled 'I got no idea'. Richmond won (less than a goal), and the Dees supporters went completely off - rightfully. (I reckon the AFL sent a quick message down to the umps with 5 minutes to go - because if Richmond had lost, the ferals would have trashed the ground:D:D:D:D).

It was so bad that walking out with my mates (all Richmond), we weren't happy, because all that had occurred was we had won a random lucky dip. I've never seen BOTH sets of supporters so upset about the umpiring. And if we had lost - I don't know if we would have been mad or not. It was just a complete waste of attending a football game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back