[ICC WC 2003 - Super Sixes] - India vs New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by nicko18
my thoughts too. NZ is the team we all wanted to avoid but on that wicket, will SL be much easier?
the pitches in australia and centurion were much suited to our bowlers and their batters struggled with the bounce and pace.

the one at port elizabeth plays a lot more like subcontinental pitches, and with their 45,000 spinners theyve got, they might be tough to beat.

Yeah I know, they will be very tough to beat. I'm hoping Zimbabwe beat SL tonight :)

Originally posted by Kenny_01
Kiwis have lost. Can't see SL losing now because they have got a lot riding on their game. I'm getting a bit nervous about playing SL on that pitch. Will suit them perfectly.

I can't believe you people are still doubting the chances of the Australians going all the way ...

What do they have to do to convince you, for God's sake !!

There is no ... NO ... chance Sri Lanka will go even close to beating Australia in a Semi Final. Not since witnessing, and probably instigating, the muck that has been thrown at the South Africans for blundering their way out of the last World Cup at the Semi stage after being the best team in the comp up until that point. The Aussies pride, or talent for that matter, simply won't allow it happen.

I'm convinced that for a team to defeat Australia, they need to have three or four brilliant bowlers in their line-up. It's the only way a team can sustain the bowling pressure on the Aussies batting depth, and keep them to a "gettable" score. Sri Lanka have one, or possibly two on a good day.

In fact, if the Aussies do not go all the way and win this World Cup, I will personally do a nude streak through the entirety of the BigFooty message boards.

How's that for confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back