If Caddy moves would your team go after him

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you seriously believe he will hold out on GC to get to Essendon because he has some kind of new found zealous passion for that particular club?

Well clearly his passion for the Roos as a boy wasn't very strong, no desire to go there.

It won't be any different this year either, nobody in their right mind would pick the Kangaroos over Essendon.

Yes, performance is very important to BF users. Club recruiters are very, very aware of the value of a draft pick. Carlton and WC both knew pick 1 was worth ten times pick 3 when trading for Chris Judd. You under-estimate the value of draft picks. Runs on the board is only important when people have limited knowledge about the upcoming drafts. Excuse Richmond from discussions...

so Lachlan Hansen is worth more than Joel Selwood.

Right.

so Lachlan Hansen is worth more than Joel Selwood.

Right.

Not sure that's what the poster was arguing (It may have been though).

I read it as similar to the Sydney situation where they were willing to trade picks 9 & 14 for 3 based upon the value of a top 3 pick, i.e. draft recruiters would have weightings attached to each pick, not just ranked from 1 to whatever.

ITT: refusing to trade one of your best 4 players, at the grand old age of 21, for a kid who's played 2 games, is "stubbornness".
Love it.

Not saying that but I'd like to know what you guys think might be a decent trade for him. Because realistically you don't have the picks to get it done and you don't have any players that you'd be willing to give up that GC would think was a fair trade. So really it doesn't matter at all how much Caddy may want to get to Essendon because I can't see how the trade could get done.

If he does want to come back to Vic then I think us or the Dogs would be in the best position to offer up a fair trade that GC might be willing to deal with.

Lol at some of the essendon supporters in this thread if the club is as stubborn and one-eyed as you guys at the trade table no wonder you never get any decent trades done. It's as blind as Melbourne supporters who think throwing up a bunch of hacks who can't get a game/struggle in a bottom team (Petterd, Bennell, Bate, Dunn etc) Plus a third round pick will land us Boak Beams Sidebottom or an under 17 pick.
You criticise your own team when nobody has even suggested that.

Clearly a troll, or not one of us.

Third round pick and Pick 4 are different things.

You criticise your own team when nobody has even suggested that.

Clearly a troll, or not one of us.

Third round pick and Pick 4 are different things.

I'm talking about stuff I read on Demonland where people constantly throw up potential trades of Morton and pick 30-something for a good young player, maybe with Petterd & Bate thrown in as well.

If you read my history I'm clearly not a troll, been posting on here for too long and also post on Demonland under Dr. Gonzo.

I'm talking about stuff I read on Demonland where people constantly throw up potential trades of Morton and pick 30-something for a good young player, maybe with Petterd & Bate thrown in as well.

If you read my history I'm clearly not a troll, been posting on here for too long and also post on Demonland under Dr. Gonzo.
Demonland is rubbish really.

Fair enough mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He works in the media in Melbourne.

Yeah had to look him up, never heard of him. His bio http://www.rsn.net.au/presenters/ Doesnt read superstar journo in the know. What's he like?
Adam White

Sports journalist. Broadcaster. Sports punter.
"Simply, I eat, breathe and sleep sport! It’s taken me around the country, and around the world. I know I’m lucky to have a job where I jump out of bed every morning excited to attack the day ahead - even if it is at 4am! As a passionate sports journalist and broadcaster for well over a decade, I think I’ve got an understanding of the way all games are played on the field, and the news and issues that shape sport off the field. I take my responsibility very seriously, because I want to be the voice of the sports fan.
I also back myself to tip winners in almost any sport. With a proven track record and loyal support from our RSN listeners, I have no greater satisfaction than steering our listeners into a winner. Rest assured, if I’ve tipped it on the radio, I’ve backed it myself! I also love racing. My father was once in the racing media and I’d follow him around the tracks all over Victoria. I remember countless Saturday nights with Dad at Moonee Valley, watching the horses, and the journos, many of whom I work with now! I’ve owned gallopers and pacers and never get sick of the thrill the sport has to offer. I am privileged to play such an important role over the Spring Carnival each year with the station that has provided the best and most comprehensive coverage for decades."

He's alright. Knows his footy. Like most guys in the media you don't agree with everything they say. He follows bombers and firmly believes Caddy will go their. Hasn't really said who or what for.

Well clearly his passion for the Roos as a boy wasn't very strong, no desire to go there.

It won't be any different this year either, nobody in their right mind would pick the Kangaroos over Essendon.

How many players have been traded to your club with star qualities.

Nil

Essendon are in a tricky predicament.

They don't have the players to win a flag but they don't finish low enough to attract the prime candidates.

They will have to pay over the odds to get Caddy, and perhaps they are at the point where they should do that?

You have Daniher coming through. Bite the bullet and trade Paddy Ryder.

Essendon are in a tricky predicament.

They don't have the players to win a flag but they don't finish low enough to attract the prime candidates.

They will have to pay over the odds to get Caddy, and perhaps they are at the point where they should do that?

You have Daniher coming through. Bite the bullet and trade Paddy Ryder.
This has to be a troll, thankfully you have nothing to do with essendons list management. As promising as caddy is anyone who thinks that Ryder for caddy is an equitable trade has no idea. Best to leave your anti essendon sentiment out of your posts.

Ryder to GC
Caddy to Ess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back