If you could choose where in Australia to live based on COVID response, where would it be?

If you could wake up tomorrow in any state or territory, which would it be?

• ACT

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • NSW

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • NT

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • QLD

• SA

• TAS

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • VIC

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • WA

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not if other states are going to count kids under 10 in their numbers. They will be 9 plus months behind.

plus i think you are dramatically underestimating vaccine hesitancy in states without covid. We are going to struggle to get to 70 percent
Being that almost every single dose is being snapped up what evidence do you have for this?

which are the biggest city in Aus to not have a lockdown since the National one so far.
(I am guessing. I can't keep track of what places have had a lockdown or not on the mainland)

Hobart

Alas, once we get covid down here, you will be screwed as our hospitals are poor. But being a crappy little island in the middle of nowhere has certain benefits in terms of pandemic control.

Being that almost every single dose is being snapped up what evidence do you have for this?
um all the people who want them snap them up first.

and the evidence is the US and UK. except they have some of the worlds biggest outbreaks. most of our states are in zero covid. If you dont have the virus then hesitancy will be way worse. Vic and nsw will be fine if they follow through with extra freedoms for vaccinated people. Other ststes cant use that tool as there are no restrictions other then the borders and states dont look like using them to motivate.

and the evidence is the US and UK. except they have some of the worlds biggest outbreaks. most of our states are in zero covid. If you dont have the virus then hesitancy will be way worse. Vic and nsw will be fine if they follow through with extra freedoms for vaccinated people. Other ststes cant use that tool as there are no restrictions other then the borders and states dont look like using them to motivate.

9EB516BD-DD70-4A8D-A711-E87EB7187821.jpeg
We need more vaccines - people dont need to be incentivised - they are taking all the vaccines as fast as they come in.

this has been posted several times - why do you keep lying?

Victoria will take years, maybe a decade to get over this, Melbourne is finished as the cultural and sporting capital of Australia. I would love to be wrong, but this town is well and truly over.
There has to be an almighty rethink down here and i don't think this government knows how to go about it? The Tennis, Grand Prix and quite possibly the Grand Final could be lost for some time. They will go somewhere else and won't comeback?
Where do you go? Mao-gowan is the mad emperor, QLD is run by a lunatic, Marshmallow is well, a marshmallow and Gladys looks more lost than a punter wondering where Flemington racecourse is located? I might go to Tassie, turn the heater on, and barrack for the new team in a few years?
Oh, did i mention Dan? No i didn't, it's best i don't!

Victoria will take years, maybe a decade to get over this, Melbourne is finished as the cultural and sporting capital of Australia. I would love to be wrong, but this town is well and truly over.
There has to be an almighty rethink down here and i don't think this government knows how to go about it? The Tennis, Grand Prix and quite possibly the Grand Final could be lost for some time. They will go somewhere else and won't comeback?
Where do you go? Mao-gowan is the mad emperor, QLD is run by a lunatic, Marshmallow is well, a marshmallow and Gladys looks more lost than a punter wondering where Flemington racecourse is located? I might go to Tassie, turn the heater on, and barrack for the new team in a few years?
Oh, did i mention Dan? No i didn't, it's best i don't!
Iron ore prices will sort out cocky Western Australians, especially when government still doesn't have the balls to build a new hospital whilst they have money.
Qld is still a toilet and people use it and leave.
International students will flock back to Victoria in droves and the economy will love it.
Young posters with new thoughts are ok.i spose.

Iron ore prices will sort out cocky Western Australians, especially when government still doesn't have the balls to build a new hospital whilst they have money.
International students will flock back to Victoria in droves and the economy will love it.
Queensland has the highest net positive migration in the country. And will stay that way with the move to home offices, olympics driven infrastructure boom and post covid world where we have a virus that spreads more in cold weather.

most of the education students were chinese and they arent coming anymore in a post Xi world. Victoria has the highest negative net migration. This will speed up once victorians can leave their state and start inspecting property up north.

Queensland has the highest net positive migration in the country. And will stay that way with the move to home offices, olympics driven infrastructure boom and post covid world where we have a virus that spreads more in cold weather.

most of the education students were chinese and they arent coming anymore in a post Xi world. Victoria has the highest negative net migration. This will speed up once victorians can leave their state and start inspecting property up north.

the WFH changes will be interesting

I know our firm has stopped mandating geographic requirements for roles now. As long as you can come into a state office once a fortnight they dont care where you live now

i know one of the big 4 is walking from one of its CBD towers (entire workforce in there switched to WHF), and many of my clients are on hybrid models now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the WFH changes will be interesting

I know our firm has stopped mandating geographic requirements for roles now. As long as you can come into a state office once a fortnight they dont care where you live now

i know one of the big 4 is walking from one of its CBD towers (entire workforce in there switched to WHF), and many of my clients are on hybrid models now
I think society is now going to slowly move away from cities and giant suburban sprawl and move back out to regional areas. In 50 years time we will look back at 2019 as peak city. Young people will still want to live in them but families and older people wont. the office skyscraper will slowly disapear. And with older workers no longer needing to go to cities the streets in cities will become completely car free. Cities will become solely entertainment and university hubs.

Im quite looking foward to this future to be honest.

Must be South West Australia because half the bloody country has been here for the past year and won’t ******* leave

BHP currently trialling fifo flights out of Busso.

It's the one thing that could potentially get me over the line in moving back over there.

Why would WA want to be like say, Vic.
I got out of Melbourne at the end of 2020 & missed the latest version of a 7 day lockdown.

I will look at freeloading on relo's in the sou'west of WA when they let me, & mine in.

Last edited:
Must be South West Australia because half the bloody country has been here for the past year and won’t ******* leave
City of Dunsborough.

T’was such a nice place.
BHP currently trialling fifo flights out of Busso.

It's the one thing that could potentially get me over the line in moving back over there.
Urg. I know now Im officially a tourist as I dont live there anymore, but fu** its busy nowdays
The army of soccer mum SUV's driving to and from Dunsborough needs to end.

My last holiday before the pandemic included a stay in an AirBnB in Quindalup. Sorry guys but moving there ASAP.

Somewhat difficult to answer - two states now have had a huge amount thrown at them, and every element of their government's response under the microscope. Others haven't had to do much - so who knows how they'd fare in a widespread outbreak (this partially correlates to population size rather than necessarily indicating good management.)

From what I've seen, SA would be my pick though.
In sa atm - despite zero covid 90% of people are wearing masks inside buildings and ive seen lots of people politely being asked to mask up if they want service.

Pretty impressed with how they are taking the extra infectiousness of delta very seriously.

People can say all they want about population density - but if nsw had taken it this seriously from day one they might not be where they are at.

Just sos you know - if macgowan built a hospital right now in a mining boom, he would pay a heap more as hed have to compete with the mines and everyone else for workers - and hed drive the price up for everyone.

Wa is different to other states as everything is cyclic - in good times governments job is to run a surplus and stash cash.

Then when the inevitable crash of iron ore prices comes, we build heaps of infrastructure to keep the workers let go by the mines working and stimulate the economy which would otherwise be moribund. This keeps the skilled labour pool from leaving the state and ready for the next boom.

See in nsw and victoria thats the federal governments job - if theres a potential recession - the feds kick in and stimulate and get things going - we dont get that sort of consideration.

Just sos you know - if macgowan built a hospital right now in a mining boom, he would pay a heap more as hed have to compete with the mines and everyone else for workers - and hed drive the price up for everyone.

Wa is different to other states as everything is cyclic - in good times governments job is to run a surplus and stash cash.

Then when the inevitable crash of iron ore prices comes, we build heaps of infrastructure to keep the workers let go by the mines working and stimulate the economy which would otherwise be moribund. This keeps the skilled labour pool from leaving the state and ready for the next boom.

See in nsw and victoria thats the federal governments job - if theres a potential recession - the feds kick in and stimulate and get things going - we dont get that sort of consideration.

:thumbsu:

Canberra is looking lucky with thermal coal prices going gangbusters, taking every tonne Australia can provide.

Back