If You Were a Billionaire.......

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd get the Ot a 5 star yacht as well.. own the Aegean sea.

All expenses paid.
You've found another thread in which to briefly frolic before the lynching party arrives. A yacht and somebody to sail it would be my first choice as it would afford the freedom of travel plus provide accommodation wherever I went. A million donation to some meat dog rescue operation in China and Vietnam. I'd have no problems spending the rest.

You've found another thread in which to briefly frolic before the lynching party arrives. A yacht and somebody to sail it would be my first choice as it would afford the freedom of travel plus provide accommodation wherever I went. A million donation to some meat dog rescue operation in China and Vietnam. I'd have no problems spending the rest.

A yaught and a villa in your favourite part of the world?

I feel like if I had $1b, I'd invest $1b and keep that principal component invested, but then use the cashflow to fund any passion projects.

For me those passion projects would be to start a school, university and education company once the cashflow from my investments allows for those opportunities to begin. I feel like there are substantial opportunities in each of those spaces to have a positive impact, as spaces I know well and feel have substantial room to improve, having worked in the tertiary sector as well as in primary and secondary schools.

If that's a success and expanding exponentially and no longer reliant on funds from those cashflowing investments to run sustainably, I'd probably then look towards doing something towards supporting the homeless and any others in situations where they're in need a new start. As some kind of pay it forward kind of initiative - where no matter the person's difficulty, it's about ensuring they get the support they need to get themselves back on their feet so that they can become their best selves, whatever that is in their individual situations.

I feel like investing that principal first is the key component for anyone who wants to do any kind of charitable giving and wants to maximise the impact they have. If you have those cashflowing assets, that's allows for ongoing giving, and often at compounding rates which over the long run is much more beneficial than any kind of one off payment.

It wasn’t til I saw the names of all these ‘old’ posters that I realised how old this thread is!🤪
Something to think about though….
I think I’d start with a plane
Who you calling old!?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell him the destination is knee deep in hookers and coke

As much as I feel hatred towards Carlton.. I'm not sure I feel the level of hatred some others feel for them.. I understand the history.. but they've been dormant for a long long time.. if say Collingwood and Carlton were the 2 top sides in the competition.. playing off in a Grand Final.. do you think that same level of hatred towards them will be felt by every Collingwood supporter.. young and old?

Is Collingwood v Carlton the essence of football itself?

Are we missing out on it?

You want to feel the gamma of emotions don't you.. every bit of it?

I think I’d be broke very quickly.
And maybe a little insane.
Money has never motivated me to the degree it does others. I understand it’s importance, but I’ve never really understood why I would need more than necessary. I could never understand the Bond’s of this world who had it all yet kept striving for more, more. How much can you actually spend in a lifetime? How much do you NEED?
My insanity would stem from having to find worthy charities and organisations to disperse that billion. Who is worthy? Who would line their pockets at the expense of those who the money would be life changing?
Those decisions would make anyone go a bit potty.

Last edited:
As much as I feel hatred towards Carlton.. I'm not sure I feel the level of hatred some others feel for them.. I understand the history.. but they've been dormant for a long long time.. if say Collingwood and Carlton were the 2 top sides in the competition.. playing off in a Grand Final.. do you think that same level of hatred towards them will be felt by every Collingwood supporter.. young and old?

Is Collingwood v Carlton the essence of football itself?

Are we missing out on it?

You want to feel the gamma of emotions don't you.. every bit of it?

I think that hatred will always be there, and would definitely come to the fore if we were up against them in a GF. But I don't think it will ever approach some of the rivalries in soccer for sheer depth of feeling.

Barca v Real Madrid

Rangers v Celtic

Juve v Inter

Liverpool v Man U

I think that hatred will always be there, and would definitely come to the fore if we were up against them in a GF. But I don't think it will ever approach some of the rivalries in soccer for sheer depth of feeling.

Barca v Real Madrid

Rangers v Celtic

Juve v Inter

Liverpool v Man U

No holds barred. Raw. War:

Boca Juniors v River Plate
Paok v Olympiacos

When Lineker met Maradona doco.. Estadio Alberto..

Last edited:
I think I’d be broke very quickly.
And maybe a little insane.
Money has never motivated me to the degree it does others. I understand it’s importance, but I’ve never really understood why I would need more than necessary. I could never understand the Bond’s of this world who had it all yet kept striving for more, more. How much can you actually spend in a lifetime? How much do you NEED?
My insanity would stem from having to find worthy charities and organisations to disperse that billion. Who is worthy? Who would line their pockets at the expense of those who the money would be life changing?
Those decisions would make anyone go a bit potty.
I think I would give money away at a grassroots level rather than to an organisation. There are some really worthy charities like Doctors without borders, but I would want to help individuals doing good work with people and animals, in 3rd world developing countries, not somewhere like here. However there are some organisations worth supporting. You just have to know who they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back