TNA Wrestling (On TNA+ and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you not get the point I'm making? The shows they show are besides the point.

I get your point but it's weak. Being on 1 of 155 basic cable channels isn't much when people are unlikely to have it on in the background and stumble on Impact.

I get your point but it's weak. Being on 1 of 155 basic cable channels isn't much when people are unlikely to have it on in the background and stumble on Impact.

I think you underestimate the demand for impact to be on a channel available to their fans. AXS is in basically every cable package in the US. Pursuit isn't despite its efforts to grow.

Also worth noting their current channel has nothing to do with their demographic whereas AXS does as it's got two wrestling shows (one very successful) on it already.

But there is already an audience of 'wrestling fans' who watch AXS regularly for NJPW and WOW content. Yes-- you may not be aware of WOW, but there is an audience for it; as demonstrated by how many people watch the GLOW Netflix series [It's safe to assume that you weren't aware that WOW is basically the new reincarnation of GLOW].

This is a step forward for Impact wrestling-- whether it will ever be more than a glorified indy ever again is another question, but at least it will get Impact in front of more viewers than it's current tv deal.

There is a rumour on reddit that Anthem are interested in buying ROH.

Some theories are that Anthem could have Impact and ROH be 2 brands under their umbrella on AXS (like WWE with RAW and SD.)

Another one is they’d just fold ROH, put the library on ImpactPlus and move and merge the whole roster to Impact.

Sinclair is much bigger than Anthem. Doubt ROH is for sale.
Sinclair might be open to cutting bait and selling them because they don't have any plans to grow ROH any further, they've been stagnant for a while now. The roster has gone downhill too.

There is a rumour on reddit that Anthem are interested in buying ROH.

Some theories are that Anthem could have Impact and ROH be 2 brands under their umbrella on AXS (like WWE with RAW and SD.)

Another one is they’d just fold ROH, put the library on ImpactPlus and move and merge the whole roster to Impact.

this is exactly what they should do, provided WWE doesn't snap up the tape library first. (if it happened, of course)

Updated Bound for Glory card (for October 21st at 11am)
  • Impact World Champion Brian Cage defending against Sami Callihan
  • Michael Elgin vs. Naomichi Marufuji
  • Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie defending against Tenille Dashwood
  • X-Division Champion Jake Crist defending against Tessa Blanchard, Daga, and two other wrestlers in a five-way ladder match
  • Impact Tag Team Champions The North defending against Rich Swann & Willie Mack and RVD & Rhino in a triple threat match
  • Moose vs. Ken Shamrock
  • The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz & Trey Miguel) vs. Dr. Wagner Jr. and two partners
  • Call Your Shot Gauntlet match (winner gets a future shot at the Impact title of their choosing)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so this makes them the #4 ranked company then?
You'd think so. Behind WWE, AEW and NJPW. Not a bad spot to be in.
n

I dont care if Impact wrestling is the 4th biggest company in the US behind WWE, AEW and ROH.

I just want them to be watchable and Profitable, Just like they were from 2007-9.

Saying that, I think Anthem are pumping money on them just to keep them Alive until they make a profit, Just like Ted Turner did with WCW from 1988-1994

n

I dont care if Impact wrestling is the 4th biggest company in the US behind WWE, AEW and ROH.

I just want them to be watchable and Profitable, Just like they were from 2007-9.

Saying that, I think Anthem are pumping money on them just to keep them Alive until they make a profit, Just like Ted Turner did with WCW from 1988-1994

Anthem seem quite heavily invested in Impact. I don't think they'd hesitate to sell it for the right offer, but seem very keen to make it work.

The product has been the best wrestling TV for almost two years now imo. Had a bit of a lul for a few months but the build to BFG has been strong and has me excited for what they'll be able to achieve with a real TV deal.

Anthem seem quite heavily invested in Impact. I don't think they'd hesitate to sell it for the right offer, but seem very keen to make it work.

The product has been the best wrestling TV for almost two years now imo. Had a bit of a lul for a few months but the build to BFG has been strong and has me excited for what they'll be able to achieve with a real TV deal.

Well they had good stability when they did weekly shows on spike TV from 2005-2014. Spike was paying them 10 million a year at one point, they were averaging 1-1.5 million a week. I remember them getting 2 million viewers in January 4, 2010 episode of impact.

After that, its been 4 years of instability. They were on Destination America for a year in 2015 . They had access to 57,238,000 homes. they averaged around 200-400,000 viewers a week.

Then they spent 2016- early 2019 on Pop TV which had access to 67 million homes. Again, they were averaging 200-400,000 viewers a week.

They then spent 2019 on Pursuit channel which had access to 45 million homes. Also their impact shows were streamed on twitch tv.

And now Anthem has Bought Axs tv, Impact will be on that channell.

Amazing that this company has lasted so long since june 2002.

I seriously thought this company was done once Spike TV didnt renew. As I said, at one point, the majority of the money they made was getting 10 million a year from Spike TV. They were doing one PPV a month at one point too. now they only do around 4-5 a year.

Well they had good stability when they did weekly shows on spike TV from 2005-2014. Spike was paying them 10 million a year at one point, they were averaging 1-1.5 million a week. I remember them getting 2 million viewers in January 4, 2010 episode of impact.

After that, its been 4 years of instability. They were on Destination America for a year in 2015 . They had access to 57,238,000 homes. they averaged around 200-400,000 viewers a week.

Then they spent 2016- early 2019 on Pop TV which had access to 67 million homes. Again, they were averaging 200-400,000 viewers a week.

They then spent 2019 on Pursuit channel which had access to 45 million homes. Also their impact shows were streamed on twitch tv.

And now Anthem has Bought Axs tv, Impact will be on that channell.

Amazing that this company has lasted so long since june 2002.

I seriously thought this company was done once Spike TV didnt renew. As I said, at one point, the majority of the money they made was getting 10 million a year from Spike TV. They were doing one PPV a month at one point too. now they only do around 4-5 a year.

I'm not surprised Impact in some incarnation is still around, but what is amazing is that it's still on TV and is now on a very good network and has big investors. Further to that, it's even more amazing it was incredibly Close to being sold to WWE and even AEW. Most companies would be dead and gone at that stage but impact has held on and reinvented itself to survive. Having someone like Don Callis in an important role has definitely helped with that.

I don't think they'll ever hit the numbers of the Spike era again, but that's okay. They can carve out their niche - which is currently a great mix of storylines and good wrestling - and survive in what is shaping up to be a very hot era of wrestling.

Melissa Santos was on twitch hosting Impact during the commercial breaks, at the end of Impact Sami piledrived Melissa on her head. Then after Impact Melissa Santos is on twitch saying how she got destroyed like 3 seconds after it happened lol.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back