WWE WrestleMania 39 - Sunday 2nd & Monday 3rd April 2023 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s got nothing to do with the title though. Roman Reigns May as well not have been on the show

Don’t think every show needs to be about the title. I enjoyed the show

You mean you didn’t care?

Seemed a lot of people at the arena did

It was a massive storyline live at the arena apparently, and everyone is talking about it. Not every show has to be about the Universal Title. A slow build to Summerslam makes sense both commercially and also for Cody. It makes him look better than he was.

Balor getting stitched up mid-match:

This was tough to sit through in the moment.

I was literally yelling at Edge and Balor through my television to call an audible, get on with it and cop the fine.

Yes, AEW can overdo the blade jobs, but it adds drama to matches in the right scenarios.

Here, you had a hell in a cell match between a vampire and a demon get stopped half way through because somebody was bleeding no worse than they do on AEW television once a week.

I was literally yelling at Edge and Balor through my television to call an audible, get on with it and cop the fine.

Yes, AEW can overdo the blade jobs, but it adds drama to matches in the right scenarios.

Here, you had a hell in a cell match between a vampire and a demon get stopped half way through because somebody was bleeding no worse than they do on AEW television once a week.
Except it was WAY worse than that. This wasn’t an intentional nick to the forehead, it was a huge gash on the top of his head.

I’m not a fan of blood and am comfortable that they’ve sort of moved away from that.

But I wonder since they’re now under the control of the same mob who own UFC, whether blood will be as much an issue.

I’m not a fan of blood and am comfortable that they’ve sort of moved away from that.

But I wonder since they’re now under the control of the same mob who own UFC, whether blood will be as much an issue.

Wondering about this too, same with the 'PG' era etc. Does UFC be more gimmicky? Or does WWE move towards being more realistic? Interesting times.

Endeavor sapped all individualism out of the UFC if that's anything to go by.

Yeah that's a good point. Actually they're pretty similar with WWE in focusing on one or two at a time, with no thought of promoting anyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for those who enjoy (to 'critique') Meltzer's ratings:

WWE WrestleMania 39, Saturday
Cena vs. Theory: 2.25
Men’s 4-way Tag: 3.75
Paul vs. Rollins: 4.5
Damage CTRL vs. Lita, Lynch & Stratus: 2.75
Dominik vs. Rey: 4
Flair vs. Ripley: 4.75
McAfee vs. Miz: 1.5
Owens & Zayn vs. The Usos: 5

WWE WrestleMania 39, Sunday