WWE Money in the Bank, Sunday 2nd July 2023, 5am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

They'd better have bigger plans for LA Knight. You just can't ignore how good he is.

Strange choice for a perennial midcarder tag veteran like Jey to finally pin Roman, but I guess they felt like they had no one else that could. They kind of painted themselves into a corner. But would have thought Sikoa would be the one to eat the pin.

I was worried that WWE was on a bit of a downward spiral, but that was a bloody good show today.

I popped for Barrett saying England where getting "whooped" in the Ashes down the road. I also popped for the referee holding the ladder for Santos' dive on the outside :D

I thought the strength of both MITB matches were their unpredictability. I hated that Ricochet/Logan Paul spot. So unnecessarily dangerous, especially when one of them isn't a professional. When they didn't land cleanly on the ropes the spot should've been abandoned.

Shock result in the main for me. I could've seen Solo eating a pin, but not Roman. Curious to see where it goes next, cos theoretically he's back to Jey Uso where it all began?

What an excellent event. The PLE’s have been home runs lately! Hopefully they continue the heavy international presence, the crowds bring an awesome energy to the show.

Few good surprises too. Was genuinely shocked when Cena came out, Shayna turned on Rousey mid match, and the pinfall of Reigns. Expected Drew to appear, but was enjoyable anyway.

Think they nailed all the winners too. Not much to complain about this time. Although I did see someone sook about a beer ad lol.

Was a bit confused if Cena was announcing a WrestleMania in London or just teasing it. Was half waiting for an offical announcement for 2025. Had to laugh at the Ashes comment from Barrett. But sucks when Australia is the heel!

What an excellent event. The PLE’s have been home runs lately! Hopefully they continue the heavy international presence, the crowds bring an awesome energy to the show.

Few good surprises too. Was genuinely shocked when Cena came out, Shayna turned on Rousey mid match, and the pinfall of Reigns. Expected Drew to appear, but was enjoyable anyway.

Think they nailed all the winners too. Not much to complain about this time. Although I did see someone sook about a beer ad lol.

Was a bit confused if Cena was announcing a WrestleMania in London or just teasing it. Was half waiting for an offical announcement for 2025. Had to laugh at the Ashes comment from Barrett. But sucks when Australia is the heel!
Surely you can't tease it THAT heavily without something already at least planned, if not already locked-in but not announced.

Fun show and I thinkt the right MITB winners. Knight is clearly in for big things, Triple H said as much in the press conference, but the JD story takes precedence. Made me think Finn might win and we'd get a cash in right away.

The Bloodline match was incredible. I 100% thought it was over when Roman stacked the Usos. The crowd did too with the "bullshit" chants. But with their powers combined... Amazing stuff. Great reaction from Roman post-match too. He's been calm, cool and in charge for years now, will this make him snap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt expect the Shayna turn so soon but I'll take time for a title shot and against Rhea reignite the NXT fued.

Both MITB matches were great happy with Preist and Iyo winning. that was so smart by Iyo to use the handcuffs 😄

Riddle and Gunter meh I think it's time for him to drop the belt and more then happy for Drew to win it

I think Preist will leave Judgement Day soon

Was fun watching Dom getting his ass whooped by Cody 😆

The Bloodline match was awesome

Over all a great PPV everyone one I watched this year I've had fun HHH doing a great job

Well, I never thought I’d tune in today to see Cena pitching for a London Mania, and then an Aussie pushing for Wrestlemania’Straya.

I mean, maybe any publicity is good publicity? London would set a precedent for international manias (Canada don’t count)
Would love a Mania in Australia

Apprently wwe and Perth are in talks to lock in a big event for early next year. I think next years Royal Rumble in Perth would be awesome.

Strange choice? Have you been following the story?

I prefered that Solo would take the pin, as I think Roman getting pinned should have been saved for when he drops the title. Has taken a bit of air out of that moment.

By the same token, I also get that the Usos deserve a pay off after being presented as lackeys for most of their time in the Bloodline, and the Jey/Roman history. For a couple of guys that were middling when they started - they've become a great tag team now.

Hopefully this is them done now with the Bloodline story. Have the momentum now to be a really great babyface team and looking forward to some new tag matchups now.

I prefered that Solo would take the pin, as I think Roman getting pinned should have been saved for when he drops the title. Has taken a bit of air out of that moment.

By the same token, I also get that the Usos deserve a pay off after being presented as lackeys for most of their time in the Bloodline, and the Jey/Roman history. For a couple of guys that were middling when they started - they've become a great tag team now.

Hopefully this is them done now with the Bloodline story. Have the momentum now to be a really great babyface team and looking forward to some new tag matchups now.

Do you mean middling when the bloodline started or when they started in wwe

Because they’ve been great for a long time now . Pretty much their heel turn in 2016 they’ve been the best tag team by far. The stuff they were doing with the new day in that period was epic

Do you mean middling when the bloodline started or when they started in wwe

Because they’ve been great for a long time now . Pretty much their heel turn in 2016 they’ve been the best tag team by far. The stuff they were doing with the new day in that period was epic

Started in WWE of course. Presented poorly through no fault of they're own either.

I'm not trying to be that toxic wrestling fan, but after Cody lost at Mania I lost all interest in anything relating to the Bloodline.

Had 2 hours last night to try and squeeze in a 4 hour show, so didn't bother with the main event.

Thought everything else I saw was decent, with the Cena/Waller segment a massive highlight. For 24 years of wrestling fandom I've been wanting to see a genuine Aussie that can hold their own on the mic. Rhea is great too, but Waller is on a whole other level.

Also, I highly doubt they are teasing Wreatlemania in London then not following through with it.

Yea I was surprised by it. Hasn't been beaten in over 3 years. Only to take a fall in a tag match? Is the guy who pinned him going to take his singles titles? Even if he was did it still need to happen?

Should have been Solo to lose here and preferably after Roman accidentally hit him with something to build the eventual match between them where Roman can take a loss.

Also you're right about the USOs being well positioned to be a great baby face tag team but unfortunately not many decent heel teams with any heat for them to work with and another massively popular baby face team as champs.

But that moment hasn’t even happened yet, so how could this take air out of it?
By needlessly doing what they did. That's how.

Yep.

They've built him up as being champ for over 3 years as well as not being pinned.

Losing the title and being pinned for the first time in so long should be happening at the same time. Payoff nowhere near as big.

Not a direct comparison, but look at his win over Taker. Doesn't mean as much after Brock. People will look back on his 3 year + reign meaning much more.

Even if you are going to have him cop a pin before dropping the title, let someone who's going to have a long singles career get something out of it. Seems like a waste IMO.

Cody or Sami should have been in MITB with the view to challenge Roman at SummerSlam, which unless I'm mistaken is the last stadium show until Mania next year.

Now it looks increasingly likely they're stringing out Roman as champ until Mania. Bloodline story and Roman's title reign will be past it's use by date then, as good it's been so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back