WWE Money in the Bank, Sunday 2nd July 2023, 5am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.

They've built him up as being champ for over 3 years as well as not being pinned.

Losing the title and being pinned for the first time in so long should be happening at the same time. Payoff nowhere near as big.

Not a direct comparison, but look at his win over Taker. Doesn't mean as much after Brock. People will look back on his 3 year + reign meaning much more.

Even if you are going to have him cop a pin before dropping the title, let someone who's going to have a long singles career get something out of it. Seems like a waste IMO.

Cody or Sami should have been in MITB with the view to challenge Roman at SummerSlam, which unless I'm mistaken is the last stadium show until Mania next year.

Now it looks increasingly likely they're stringing out Roman as champ until Mania. Bloodline story and Roman's title reign will be past it's use by date then, as good it's been so far.

Yea only way this can kind of work is if they have 2 or 3 new people ready to join Roman and they immediately beat the absolute tar out of Solo and the Usos to the point everyone's desperate to see the revenge. I don't know that Haku's kids have been up to much lately (could be wrong) so this is a chance as well as getting Fatu from MLW. Even then Roman still didn't need to lose and Solo taking the pin works just as well if not better.

Not sooking just pointing out the current situation
The Bud Light product boycott is the most effective since the New Coke boycott
Not something WWE should be associated with

What happened with Bud Light?

What happened with Bud Light?
They decided to piss off their customer base of frat boys and rednecks early April
So far sales have dropped by half costing the parent company billions
Currently in some places stores are trying to give Bud Light away for free and still can't get it off the shelf

They decided to piss off their customer base of frat boys and rednecks early April
So far sales have dropped by half costing the parent company billions
Currently in some places stores are trying to give Bud Light away for free and still can't get it off the shelf

Do rednecks and fratboys make up a decent chunk of the WWE fanbase? Or even the wrestling fanbase for that matter?

Most of the redneck types have moved onto MMA I would have thought when the UFC started to pick up towards the early 2000s.

By needlessly doing what they did. That's how.

I don’t know if it was needlessly. It made a much more bigger impact having Roman being the one pinned, rather than Solo. Also enhances the story of Romans empire crumbling around him.

I just don’t know how it has taken the wind out of the sails of a moment that is yet to occur, and one we don’t know when will occur and by someone who we don’t even know yet.

I don't understand why Roman needed to keep the title for this Bloodline story. Seems like you could have had the turmoil within the Bloodline play out post title loss at Mania, and the causes for this deterioration between family would have been exacerbated by that loss. A title run where the champion doesn't defend his title frequently is meaningless; it's just running up numbers. They've even introduced a new title now, so he can continue to do his epic family drama while everyone else puts on a wrestling show. But then, what even is the point of his title?

I don't understand why Roman needed to keep the title for this Bloodline story. Seems like you could have had the turmoil within the Bloodline play out post title loss at Mania, and the causes for this deterioration between family would have been exacerbated by that loss. A title run where the champion doesn't defend his title frequently is meaningless; it's just running up numbers. They've even introduced a new title now, so he can continue to do his epic family drama while everyone else puts on a wrestling show. But then, what even is the point of his title?

The whole story is Roman's delusional belief that he's the only one who can carry the company. You see it when the crowd really gets into him like they did at MITB - "these pricks don't understand the burden I carry."

He has to have the title for it to make sense. If he's not defending the Empire it doesn't mean anything.

The whole story is Roman's delusional belief that he's the only one who can carry the company. You see it when the crowd really gets into him like they did at MITB - "these pricks don't understand the burden I carry."

He has to have the title for it to make sense. If he's not defending the Empire it doesn't mean anything.

Perfectly summarised

Title should be more than a prop in a storyline.

A good chunk of the roster are free agents, including Lesnar who negotiated to be a free agent (but can't challenge Roman, so what's the point?) But Roman is exclusive to SmackDown who still carries 2 defunct on top of the one that represents both.

Not much 'burden' if you're working tag team matches at the focus since Mania.

Been a good storyline that's been at detriment of the rest of the roster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meltzer ratings for shits and giggles:
Mens MITB 4.5 stars
Womens tag 2.75 stars
Gunther/Riddle 2.75 stars
Cody/Dom 3 stars
Womens MITB 4 stars
Rollins/Balor 4 stars
Bloodline Civil War 4.5 stars

(lots of 4.5 star matches across many companies this past week or so according to him)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back