Workshop Improve a Current Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

After seeing North Melbourne's blue jumper, thought I'd see how this looks. I like it, looks more intimidating...

Hawthorn20111-1.png

:eek: LOVE IT! also liked the Kangaroos jumper on the weekend!

Primarily Brown socks with a gold hoop around the top would also look awesome!

After seeing North Melbourne's blue jumper, thought I'd see how this looks. I like it, looks more intimidating...

Hawthorn20111-1.png
Would be the perfect clash jumper in my mind. Would not want us to do a Collingwood and adopt it full time, though.

This looked better in my head, but thought I may aswell post it. For the traditional Footscray supporters.

WesternBulldogs20111-1.png

I think it would look better if you lost a couple of logos - the bulldogs on the shorts and the one in the number would clean it up a bit.

Your Hawks jumper looked great, who knew brown could look that good.

I think it would look better if you lost a couple of logos - the bulldogs on the shorts and the one in the number would clean it up a bit..

In terms of the logos, I'm using the exact template the Western Bulldogs (and most AFL clubs) use. So if this was the be the jumper worn in the AFL, the logos would be as they are.

This looked better in my head, but thought I may aswell post it. For the traditional Footscray supporters.

WesternBulldogs20111-1.png

The only part I don't like is the bulldog - it needs to be light on a dark background. If you can revert it to white and give it a blue outline so it can be seen on the white strip, it'll look better IMO.

hawks-2.png

based on hawthorn jumper from the 1951 season (reversed stripes)

added colour to distinguish the numbers from the stripes (in 51 it was numbers ontop of the stripes

Last night I was telling my girlfriend about the beauty of the old Fitzroy jumpers. In the end, I think she actually started to genuinely like the old Heritage Round designs. These Saints designs stand out for me:

2006%20heritage%20round%20jumper.jpg

BJ%20F.JPG

Thompson%20R.JPG

The one thing that consistently stands out is the tradition each strip presents. There's something really vintage and classic about the colours. There are complaints about tricalore-centric clubs for equally balancing the colours. However, this just works. I cannot get over how cool the jumper looks.

Alternatively - this should be the definitive St. Kilda clash:
Voss%20F.JPG

Port, Carlton, Richmond, Essendon and (some say) Collingwood are the clubs that clash with St. Kilda. Using the candy-stripe, with white shorts and candy-socks, would be adequate.

i have the 2nd one and 3rd one in long sleeve but not the heritage edition, the year after away version. does anyone know if you could buy the first one with the collar from shops? or was the collar only on player issue?

Alternatively - this should be the definitive St. Kilda clash:
Voss%20F.JPG

Port, Carlton, Richmond, Essendon and (some say) Collingwood are the clubs that clash with St. Kilda. Using the candy-stripe, with white shorts and candy-socks, would be adequate.

I think one of the reasons St Kilda dropped it was because it wasn't working against Collingwood (similar pattern, wasn't easily distinguished in traffic).

I find the white collar and cuffs work brilliantly here, but I couldn't stand them last year, whats the difference? Was it the white sponsors box last year caused too much white?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how come north dont use this as a clash?

I'd say (A) because it's so very VERY 90's.
And (B) because on the front at least, it's about as white as, or whiter than, their home top. They need something less white, or a "dark" guernsey. Hence I don't really like their "Argentina" one becuase it's still too light to wear against Geelong (IMO) and doens't use the club's colours.

Re: Improve a current Guernsey.

20kceqf.jpg

I reckon a silver clash would look great for Port. It is one of our colours (even though it only gets used sparingly) and I think it emphasizes the black and white V's in the jumper.

Juventus use a similar design as a clash strip (below) but with a double sash instead of a double V and I think it works really well.

giovinco+away+juve.jpg

This is exactly want I wanted, and when I saw the Juventus kit I thought we had to do a similar thing.

But I do love both our kits tbh

sorry for the bump, but couldnt decide were to place this...

i love simple jumpers, with simple designs and am a believer of inverting jumpers to stop clashes instead of creating different looks..
so for GWS i have taken the leap from south rabbitohs who have same jumper for home and away, and place a light or dark colour depending on their home or away game.

i have also created a clash just in case afl didnt think it was good enough, but couldnt decide on the light clash or dark clash

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back