In today's news... (rants about the media)

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time sliding snores was actually insightful

It's rare. It's the New Idea of footy fast food of journalism - geez I just shivered when I mentioned journalism while writing about Barrett.

When he had a gig with KB on SEN, I called him out on an issue, told him he was blatantly wrong, and he cut me off, so I text him (at SEN) to tell him how brave that was to cut me off, without anything rude or defamatory, and they blocked my number. That's how bad he is. He is a worm!

You've stated much better the point I was trying to get at.

I'm honestly a bit dumbfounded at the love for Adelaide after last night -- you'd think they beat a full strength Richmond line-up in front of a 90,000 home crowd at the G the way some media pundits are raving about their performance.

I dunno. I’m yet to see anybody carry on like they are world beaters after last night. They are just being commended for getting the job done. That was a danger game.

Media run their own agendas...
Just shows that when it ever comes down to the facts or money...bet on money!
Media run the agenda AFL house tell them to run.

You could hear it last night with Carey (I think) on more than one occasion pumping up how good the umpires have been this year!!

One explanation is that he is trolling us

Another is that he actually has no clue, no knowledge of which players are best 22 for us and what is happening at our club, and he just opted for a lazy check of the score and oh rance / riewoldt out so must be Richmond can’t win without big names. It’s quite possible that he is a total charlatan and knows nothing about the game. When was the last time sliding snores was actually insightful
I think he is trolling ......

I normally don’t care much about negative opinions on Richmond from media personnel, but this one did. The ‘inability to beat the best without big names’ title is one for a team that’s just missing a couple. We were missing Edwards, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Nankervis, Lambert, Astbury and Short from our starting side (minus Grigg now that he’s retired). Adelaide were missing Tom Lynch and Doedee.

Of course we’re going to struggle beating them considering this game was at AO. Not a good comment from him.

Was gonna tweet this to Barrett. Realised I had already been blocked by him. Good times.

One explanation is that he is trolling us

Another is that he actually has no clue, no knowledge of which players are best 22 for us and what is happening at our club, and he just opted for a lazy check of the score and oh rance / riewoldt out so must be Richmond can’t win without big names. It’s quite possible that he is a total charlatan and knows nothing about the game. When was the last time sliding snores was actually insightful
Fair question - truth is journos like this campaigner (and i place Caro and Fatprick Smith in the same boat) are there for the politics of the industry not the fundamentals of the game. Hes genuinely a troll, but also has no clue about football.

Fair question - truth is journos like this campaigner (and i place Caro and Fatprick Smith in the same boat) are there for the politics of the industry not the fundamentals of the game. Hes genuinely a troll, but also has no clue about football.
Hmmmmm never thought of it in that light...

Hmmmmm never thought of it in that light...

You have to go back a very long way to find an article from any of them that isnt related to sacked coaches or coaches under the pump, politics at AFL house, struggling clubs and finances. Off field issues is their forte.

Smith's semi or fully retired now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has always hated The Tigers / was scratched by his pet moggy when an infant.

Watch him make excuses for drugs whenever they lose some fringe hack.

Grub
I refuse to click on anything from that flog Barrett. I don't want the AFL counting my click as a reason to keep employing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back