Injury Injury update 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get why supporters think that clubs should be 100% transparent with players injuries. I'm guessing that consistently exposing the details about our players sore spots and weaknesses would make them bigger targets on field and would make selection for opposition clubs easier.

Clubs are looking for every single on field advantage. If keeping that s**t out of the public helps, then I'd be pissed if my club didn't do it.

Forget the injury transparency (or lack thereof), I'd be happy if the club stopped announcing selections in the middle of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at this rate, with this lack of injuries, one or two rookies might even miss out on SANFL selection

Not allowed. All available players must play unless injured or held back emergency. They are the rules Port and Crows signed up to. You should sign Summerton as a rookie. That way you dont have to worry about him being unavailable to be selected. As it is though. He drops out this week

Not allowed. All available players must play unless injured or held back emergency. They are the rules Port and Crows signed up to. You should sign Summerton as a rookie. That way you dont have to worry about him being unavailable to be selected. As it is though. He drops out this week
You can ask for permission to drop players to the sanfl reserves and they are allowed to play but have restrictions on how much of the game they can play. We did it with Howard in Rd 1 and he was restricted to 3/4 of the game. Now the argument was accepted as he was coming back from a long term injury. The SANFL might accept one or two of the rookies being allowed to play, given 5 of the 7 we have are SANFL products and 3 of them hadn't played much or any SANFL A grade before being drafted, eg Ladhams who hadn't made his league debut for Norwood in 2016.

You've missed the point. We have 45 players on the list. 43 make up the 2 teams. So if fully fit we will have 2 Power players miss out on games altogether as they can NOT play in the reserves as REH said above. So for Summerton to play we would need 3 players to miss out and it is unlikely we will force 3 players to sit out.

Last edited:
You can ask for permission to drop players to the sanfl reserves and they are allowed to play but have restrictions on how much of the game they can play. We did it with Howard in Rd 1 and he was restricted to 3/4 of the game. Now the argument was accepted as he was coming back from a long term injury. The SANFL might accept one or two of the rookies being allowed to play, given 5 of the 7 we have are SANFL products and 3 of them hadn't played much or any SANFL A grade before being drafted, eg Ladhams who hadn't made his league debut for Norwood in 2016.

I know it's the SANFL we're talking about but surely common sense would prevail and they'd just let a player or two drop back to the reserves given the exceptionally rare circumstance of our whole squad being fit?

Last edited:
I know it's the SANFL we're talking about but surely common sense would prevail and they'd just let a player or two drop back to the reserves given the exceptionally rare circumstance of our whole squad being fit?
I always have a quiet chuckle to myself when people try and put "SANFL" and "common sense" in the same sentence.

They usually try that one after they've mastered the much easier combination- "Hitler" and "deep down a nice guy".

If summerton gets dropped then that's the biggest disgrace I've heard in my life time! Just make up a bloody injury! Have some integrity!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back