Podcast Inside The Kennel: New Player Interviews!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you confirm one of Tony's last questions in the Quiz regarding Scott Wynd playing for Norf's U19's side. What year did he play for them ? I know Libba played for Norf, but Wynd ?

I also thought he was recruited from Jacana in 1988 . would of been 18 or there abouts at the time.

Rings a bell. I think there was a north connection there somewhere. Jacana is right.

Can you confirm one of Tony's last questions in the Quiz regarding Scott Wynd playing for Norf's U19's side. What year did he play for them ? I know Libba played for Norf, but Wynd ?

I also thought he was recruited from Jacana in 1988 . would of been 18 or there abouts at the time.

I haven't listened to this podcast yet but the article refers to Wynd having been in North's recruiting zone. Have a listen - it might have the answer you're after.

I haven't listened to this podcast yet but the article refers to Wynd having been in North's recruiting zone. Have a listen - it might have the answer you're after.

Thanks for the link , just listened to him speak about him being in the Norf recruiting zone, but never played at the club, - he spoke about it around the 18 min mark of the interview .

And the other half? Absconded to the game?! 😆
Was/is your queen's family Bulldogs?
No no long way to Waverley from St Andrew’s church in Barkley st DW.
But yes , my Queen’s grandfather played for the dogs, so all her side were all mad dogs fans.

Went to bed that night with not much to celebrate given the result 😅

Don't miss this new MASSIVE interview!! Champion Footscray big man Peter Foster bashes and crashes his way through this phenomenal episode just as he did on the field throughout his storied career as a star Bulldog!

Don't miss this new MASSIVE interview!! Champion Footscray big man Peter Foster bashes and crashes his way through this phenomenal episode just as he did on the field throughout his storied career as a star Bulldog!

Excited Clapping GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Epic new podcast episode! Bulldog cult hero Georgie Bisset takes us back to 1960s Footscray where he dominated as a champion rover and prolific goal kicker to etch his name into Club folklore! Enjoy!

This month ahead we have the following players, so if you have any stories you wish to tease out, memories to raise with these stars or questions, please let me know...

June/July Episodes: Danny DelRe, Les Bamblett, Jim Gallagher, Brad Hardie, Mick McLean, Richard Osborne. Too awesome!

This month ahead we have the following players, so if you have any stories you wish to tease out, memories to raise with these stars or questions, please let me know...

June/July Episodes: Danny DelRe, Les Bamblett, Jim Gallagher, Brad Hardie, Mick McLean, Richard Osborne. Too awesome!

Thanks Inside The Kennel - if it's not too controversial, would be good to know why Les' career sort of petered out after a fantastic 1985? I know Magic has spoken in the past about the racial abuse he suffered, I suspect Les may have been subjected to the same. I know he's on the board of the Aboriginal Advancement League these days, but just more from a football perspective curious to know if he played on elsewhere after leaving us, or gave footy up completely.

Also regarding Danny, he played quite a few little league games for us from memory, as he was taller than other kids, and my mate and I noted his name being amongst the goal kickers regularly. He also wore the same number, and had fairly prominent head of hair! Was there a pool of kids, rather than the local school representing both teams model that was in place for some years when he played? And why did Wheels play him in defence in some of his early games before he was shifted to his natural forward role? (Games in defence may have been in reserves too, but I distinctly remember him playing at FB at VUWO.) Also did Joyce arriving as coach shorten his career for some reason?

Also possibly another touchy subject, but for Jim Gallagher - can he elaborate on the far too rapid dispersal of the 54 flag team? Alan Martin and others were lured to country footy by $$$, but can he put a finger on why so many of their careers were cut short, particularly when so many of them were still quite young? The Demons in comparison retained many of their losing GF players from 54 as part of their flag sides in 55-56-57-59-60.

And Brad - was obviously keen to get back to us after a few years at Brisbane but the league vetoed it because of the manner - there was a cheque made out to his then-partner from the club (I worked at the same company as her). Not sure he'd be keen to discuss some of the specifics, but seems he regretted leaving the club, and once Malthouse was gone was happy to explore options to return.

Sorry, don't want to bog down interviews, and some of these may not be appropriate questions for your format, would just great to get some perspective of what was happening behind the scenes at those points in the club's history. Great list though.

Thanks Inside The Kennel - if it's not too controversial, would be good to know why Les' career sort of petered out after a fantastic 1985? I know Magic has spoken in the past about the racial abuse he suffered, I suspect Les may have been subjected to the same. I know he's on the board of the Aboriginal Advancement League these days, but just more from a football perspective curious to know if he played on elsewhere after leaving us, or gave footy up completely.

Also regarding Danny, he played quite a few little league games for us from memory, as he was taller than other kids, and my mate and I noted his name being amongst the goal kickers regularly. He also wore the same number, and had fairly prominent head of hair! Was there a pool of kids, rather than the local school representing both teams model that was in place for some years when he played? And why did Wheels play him in defence in some of his early games before he was shifted to his natural forward role? (Games in defence may have been in reserves too, but I distinctly remember him playing at FB at VUWO.) Also did Joyce arriving as coach shorten his career for some reason?

Also possibly another touchy subject, but for Jim Gallagher - can he elaborate on the far too rapid dispersal of the 54 flag team? Alan Martin and others were lured to country footy by $$$, but can he put a finger on why so many of their careers were cut short, particularly when so many of them were still quite young? The Demons in comparison retained many of their losing GF players from 54 as part of their flag sides in 55-56-57-59-60.

And Brad - was obviously keen to get back to us after a few years at Brisbane but the league vetoed it because of the manner - there was a cheque made out to his then-partner from the club (I worked at the same company as her). Not sure he'd be keen to discuss some of the specifics, but seems he regretted leaving the club, and once Malthouse was gone was happy to explore options to return.

Sorry, don't want to bog down interviews, and some of these may not be appropriate questions for your format, would just great to get some perspective of what was happening behind the scenes at those points in the club's history. Great list though.

Lelly was on the end of some extreme racism.

Epic new podcast episode! Bulldog cult hero Georgie Bisset takes us back to 1960s Footscray where he dominated as a champion rover and prolific goal kicker to etch his name into Club folklore! Enjoy!

For those too young to have seen wee Georgie, this bloke is right up there as one of the very best that ever pulled our jumper on.

For those too young to have seen wee Georgie, this bloke is right up there as one of the very best that ever pulled our jumper on.
Same height as Caleb Daniel and only 2kg lighter.

However that was 50-60 years ago and the average height of the population has been increasing steadily since then. Using the usual formula of 1cm increase per decade he would be the equivalent of a 174-175cm player now. Still short, but towering over Caleb!

Is this documented? I have his interview coming up, so if he's on the record discussing this, I'd llove it if you could direct me. Thanks SOTY.

Sorry mate. Not documented. Just know from personal chats. May find references though on Marngrook

UNMISSABLE Danny Delre Podcast has landed!

Soaring Spearhead Danny Delre rocketed to cult status in the 1990s with his masterful displays around the big sticks. Bulldog supporters travel back in time to recall the fond memories of the era in this magnificent episode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back