Podcast Inside The Kennel: New Player Interviews!

Remove this Banner Ad

UNMISSABLE Danny Delre Podcast has landed!

Soaring Spearhead Danny Delre rocketed to cult status in the 1990s with his masterful displays around the big sticks. Bulldog supporters travel back in time to recall the fond memories of the era in this magnificent episode.

What a guy! Great episode, good on ya Danny!

It's great to hear memories of the players and events of our history especially for those of us whose memories are not so good these days :)

One thing that does stick in my memory was in one of Terry Wheeler's coaching years we won quite a few in a row after being not so good the year before? and he related in an interview that he told the players 'there's no reason why we can't put a string of wins together' and got their self belief up and they went out and did it. I think what he did was along the lines of what Bevo did in 2016 except that was a bit more successful!

Back to the Bisset interview.

His departure was shocking to hear ,
and seems to be typical of how the club was run in those days.

I was at Carlton the day of his report.
He confirmed what my eyes saw, definitely guilty.
The bloke I think he was really after was Bert Thornley, who spent the afternoon roughing up a young Charlie Pagnocolo.
Charlie I think ,kicked 5 that day.

Also was surprised Georgie didn’t mention Thorpe. They had a great chemistry.
Both shining lights during a very dim time in our history.

All the past players seem to love him. Supa says he sat goals that were specific and clear. Simplified the process to empower them. Good approach.
As a young kid my dad was working at the club in marketing and one home game at the Western Oval I was backstage and Terry Wheeler asked me if I’d help him staple together all the notes/instructions for the players.
Super’s comments about Terry giving very specific goals and instruction reminded me of that. The notes were about specific parts of each players game, goals that they should try and achieve and finished off with praise and encouragement.
He is one of the nicest, caring people I’ve ever met, certainly in the football world.

Thanks to all for the Delre question requests - watch the link above to hear your questions asked!

Upcoming interviews: Brad Hardie, Les Bamblett, Brad Johnson, Richard Osborne and Mick McLean. If you have any lines of inquiry, please let me know and I'll be sure to include it in their interview!...

Thanks to all for the Delre question requests - watch the link above to hear your questions asked!

Upcoming interviews: Brad Hardie, Les Bamblett, Brad Johnson, Richard Osborne and Mick McLean. If you have any lines of inquiry, please let me know and I'll be sure to include it in their interview!...

Great work ITK, on all of them.

Not a question so much as a comment, but when Southern was involved in the Sumich-gate brawl at the WACA, there was a panel/audience discussion the next week on 730 report or ACA (anyway a nightly current affair show), and Ossie was on there (in civvies from memory) but gave a well spoken defence of his young team-mate and that there was no premeditation involved.

Ossie was involved in the subsequent tribunal hearings anyway, as Jakovich was reported for striking him. More Eagles were reported than Bulldogs. And all because Steve Wallis helped Brett Heady have a lie down! :laughv1:

Fantastic line up coming up , but most excited hearing from Lally.
What a talent he was !

Too right KH, lots of great highlights, but that handball steal to run into the open goal at the G against the Pies in mid 85 when we moved our home game is one of his best, plus the pumped up celebration!

Fantastic line up coming up , but most excited hearing from Lally.
What a talent he was !

Too right KH, lots of great highlights, but that handball steal to run into the open goal at the G against the Pies in mid 85 when we moved our home game is one of his best, plus the pumped up celebration!

Hard to get a decent still, and I'm not great at extracting snippets of footage, but a great effort by Sewell on the HFF then a torp towards the goal square created the intercept from Neville Shaw's handball...

Screenshot_20230717-215553_YouTube.jpg

Then the goal...
Screenshot_20230717-215453_YouTube.jpg

And we stitched Pies up in our home games 2 years in a row!

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present our latest and greatest podcast interview - simply Johnno!
Please enjoy every word and leave your comments so we can share your love with the legend directly!

In 1993, the Dees Recruitment Team had a choice with Pick #10 - Brad Johnson or Trent Ormond-Allen. Listen to Johnno himself explain what he EXPECTED to happen and how a 30-second phone call netted us a LEGEND ! Click to the 14 1/2 minute mark!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 1993, the Dees Recruitment Team had a choice with Pick #10 - Brad Johnson or Trent Ormond-Allen. Listen to Johnno himself explain what he EXPECTED to happen and how a 30-second phone call netted us a LEGEND ! Click to the 14 1/2 minute mark!
Love your work!

New Episode has just dropped, starring Sir Lin Jong! It's FREE and the perfect tonic for feel-good vibes to drown our sorrows now that the season is over. Enjoy!​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8hbqLtYHwY

It's NONNA time! Mrs Liberatore invites us into her home to share her thoughts on life, football...and Toby Greene! Don't miss this epic special edition!

Hope everyone can enjoy Steve Kretiuk. Nathan Eagleton will be out next week!

More great episodes thanks guys! Kritter was one of my faves - like the raps for Terry Wheeler and Matty Dent - he was also very reliable in the backline . Eagle was great for us and great to hear his story

It's NONNA time! Mrs Liberatore invites us into her home to share her thoughts on life, football...and Toby Greene! Don't miss this epic special edition!

Amazing! Loved this. Proud the Liberatores are bulldog.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back