News Insightful and Inciteful - 2022 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most of the Facebook comments on the Eagles Australia Day Facebook post are on point for a club with a membership whose average age is "doddering old coot". I clicked on one at random and was pleased to see his alma mater was "the school of hard knocks". Nothing like a walking, talking stereotype to liven up your day!

You could play bingo while scrolling through the comments really. Virtue signalling? Tick! School of hard knocks? Tick! Implying the club will perform worse (than a 2 win season?) because of the post (when every club will be posting something similar?) Tick! Politics and football don't mix? BINGO!!!

Love this time of year, how some people got so attached to NSW's version of WA Day is beyond me.

Most of the Facebook comments on the Eagles Australia Day Facebook post are on point for a club with a membership whose average age is "doddering old coot". I clicked on one at random and was pleased to see his alma mater was "the school of hard knocks". Nothing like a walking, talking stereotype to liven up your day!

You could play bingo while scrolling through the comments really. Virtue signalling? Tick! School of hard knocks? Tick! Implying the club will perform worse (than a 2 win season?) because of the post (when every club will be posting something similar?) Tick! Politics and football don't mix? BINGO!!!

Love this time of year, how some people got so attached to NSW's version of WA Day is beyond me.
Oh good, I'll avoid that one.

The club is damned if they do, damned if they don't in regards to the Jan 26th stance.

Tiresome debate that I checked out of a few years ago, its a day off and nothing more. Waving a flag around like a lunatic doesn't make you more Australian than someone else.

Looks like they shut down the comments.

The club is damned if they do, damned if they don't in regards to the Jan 26th stance.

Tiresome debate that I checked out of a few years ago, its a day off and nothing more. Waving a flag around like a lunatic doesn't make you more Australian than someone else.
I lowkey want them to abolish it with no replacement just to watch everyone sook.

Maybe not waving a flag around, but wearing it like a cape makes you a true patriot!

Just impressive that the social media team are on point… gotta get the virtue signalling post out of the way before any other club and then take the day off….

If the club is so against Australia Day why have the players got 4 days off??? Should be having a big group session to show off how much they disapprove.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just impressive that the social media team are on point… gotta get the virtue signalling post out of the way before any other club and then take the day off….

If the club is so against Australia Day why have the players got 4 days off??? Should be having a big group session to show off how much they disapprove.

I think I saw this post on Facebook too.

BINGO!!!

Very early in todays press conference whilst answering questions re Rhett Bazzo, Simpson made a request that he been given space to grieve without media people phoning him or, worse, knocking on his door. The way he said it gave a pretty clear inference that he was hoping it would stop, meaning a journalist or journalists had done just that

What sort of scumbag approaches a 19 year old who’s just lost his mother in that way, or instructs an employee to do so

Very early in todays press conference whilst answering questions re Rhett Bazzo, Simpson made a request that he been given space to grieve without media people phoning him or, worse, knocking on his door. The way he said it gave a pretty clear inference that he was hoping it would stop, meaning a journalist or journalists had done just that

What sort of scumbag approaches a 19 year old who’s just lost his mother in that way, or instructs an employee to do so

Sadly pretty much all of them

Channel 9 had camera men camped outside his house. They filmed Chesser walking down the street either to or from the house. This was Monday.

Disgusting from the media.

Nah, got to be in Summer.

Agreed.

The easiest short term solution would be to have it on the last Monday of January when it used to be.

Or the first Monday in February if you want to avoid Monday also being the 26/1 every 7 years in average

That can serve as a placeholder until a better date comes along like the day we eventually and inevitably become a republic. Flag should be changed on the same day

As it is now, what should be a day of celebration is one of division and whilst it remains steadfastly January 26 that won’t change

Those agitating for change though, need to shut up once it is moved and let those who want to celebrate a national day do so without having to apologise for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back