Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

He was definitely in the defence of Melbourne in the early days for overlooking Nic, so much of his comments early had a fair dose of bias.

The irony of Watts leaving melbourne (when they were worried about Nics go home factor) was certainly enough to squash that.

If I built a team from scratch, he’s certainly in my team. He’s a drawcard, for sure- but his ruckwork would really assist in building connection with a midfield group coming together for the first time. Never mind his off ball bullocking work.

I love NN and all but would you really? A 29 yo with an injury history and limited gametime?

If I were to pick a ruck it would be Grundy straight up. Young, rucks the whole game out and super hardy.

I love NN and all but would you really? A 29 yo with an injury history and limited gametime?

If I were to pick a ruck it would be Grundy straight up. Young, rucks the whole game out and super hardy.
Absolutely, I would.

First couple of years are the hardest as a club as you form the connections as a team, especially as a midfield. Nics ability to generate scores while he’s on the ground is elite. If you’re pairing him with a younger inexperienced midfield he makes them walk taller.

Not only that, he a terrific citizen, he’s also a pretty handy ruck coach as well. So I’d be drafting a project ruck for him to mould.

I’d back him in to have a similar impact to Mumford at the giants.

Fox Sports rank our spine as the best in the league. Champion data has it the second best, but they also have Carlton as third best so there is that
Wow way to grossly misrepresent the article kane. Try actually reading the thing and gaining some context before spitting off some radical take based on something cosmetic. How about developing some critical faculties huh?

spin.png

Wow way to grossly misrepresent the article kane. Try actually reading the thing and gaining some context before spitting off some radical take based on something cosmetic. How about developing some critical faculties huh?

View attachment 837586

Well when the competition is the likes of Lyon, Agar and Zampa it's clearly the best spin option.
Best spin since Warnie

I thought Phillips played a really solid game

Essendon should be happy with that pick up.

Lyon was pumping up Essendon ruckman Phillip's tyres on Sunday saying that the Eagles played 5 ruckmen against Essendon and Phillips did well against them, including Natanui. Watched that game closely Garry!

Good news about Gaffy.

Star Eagle set to snub Vic clubs and trigger extension

WEST Coast midfielder Andrew Gaff is set to turn his back on rival Victorian clubs and trigger a four-year contract extension to remain an Eagle.

Gaff penned a two-year deal at the end of 2018 when he was last a free agent that came with the option of four more seasons until the end of 2024.

AFL.com.au understands it's only a matter of time before the 27-year-old informs the Eagles he is staying long-term beyond 2020.

Good news about Gaffy.

Star Eagle set to snub Vic clubs and trigger extension

WEST Coast midfielder Andrew Gaff is set to turn his back on rival Victorian clubs and trigger a four-year contract extension to remain an Eagle.

Gaff penned a two-year deal at the end of 2018 when he was last a free agent that came with the option of four more seasons until the end of 2024.

AFL.com.au understands it's only a matter of time before the 27-year-old informs the Eagles he is staying long-term beyond 2020.

Really seems like he wants to make up for 2018. Hopefully it fuels him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should it, could it?

Should we play the 2020 grand final at Perth stadium?

The AFL Grand Final doesn’t have to be played at its spiritual home in this ‘asterisk year’, says Herald Sun footy writer Scott Gullan.
Cricket retains control of the MCG from October 10th for the T20 Cricket World Cup, which kicks off across the country on October 24th.

Speaking on the second Herald Sun Footy Podcast of season 2020, Gullan put forward Perth Stadium, boasting a capacity of more than 60,000, as an alternative venue if the AFL season drags on into November and December.

I think in this asterisk year, anything goes,” Gullan said.

“If it gets into December or November and cricket has to take over those stadiums, we’ve got Perth.”

“All this hardship we’ve gone through, (the fans will) agree – they won’t kick up the big stink.

“Playing it in Perth in that stadium, if it’s two Victorian teams, you’re still going to fill it.”

Particularly good option with Perth likely to miss out on a Test against India - the lower drawing likely Afghanistan match will be played at the WACA.

Not a huge fan of that list, but I am pleased to see Guy McKenna get some well deserved love.

I can see why Judd doesn't make it for the fact he only played 134 games. If he stayed his entire career he would be the GOAT but compare it to the liks of Cox, Matera, Cousins etc who racked up 200+ games and well they did it for a lot longer at a similar level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back