Insightful Media Coverage

Came here to post this

If there’s a better article about our season I’m yet to read it

Wow, what an article!
I suppose one reason to be thankful for the listless mainstream coverage is that more dedicated, independent writers are getting some fair exposure. Loved this piece.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
The best article to come out of the roar in ages and one of the best I can remember reading about the GF, pure quality!

Saw somewhere the same writer penned one for the 2016 Bulldogs win that was hailed as one of the best as well.

I think he writes them every year now. It's great work, adds some context to the season, especially if you don't follow the team.

He really nailed the feeling we had the last few seasons, we were good but not hardened. And now we definitely are or atleast I am.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone read a small non-insightful article on Kizon, saying he had a heart attack,
crashing into bollards near a hospital...often described as 'a colourful Perth identity...?'
that's an understatement..

Last edited:

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Does any one know where to find this? I screenshot it to remind my self to watch it when I had time but it seems to have been taken down on YouTube.

EC0DCDB6-2832-425A-B0C0-003D0F73E28F.jpeg

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
In the offseason so far, I have noticed a lot of press about Freo, almost daily updates, pumping them up, their new recruits and the optimism and blah-blah...even vision of Freo doing their own Jetta like dance-moves? (bit sad)
But very little press from WCE, almost gone off the radar, laying low.
Am good with that, but Freo certainly look to be an overhauled side,
their biggest mistake was not overhauling Lyons!?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
In the offseason so far, I have noticed a lot of press about Freo, almost daily updates, pumping them up, their new recruits and the optimism and blah-blah...even vision of Freo doing their own Jetta like dance-moves? (bit sad)
But very little press from WCE, almost gone off the radar, laying low.
Am good with that, but Freo certainly look to be an overhauled side,
their biggest mistake was not overhauling Lyons!?

Well it helps their pre-season started a month before ours ;)

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
There was very little coverage of Fremantle and lots of coverage of West Coast in the week before and after the Grand Final for reasons that can be summed up in one word: "Conspiracy". Thus the news, in order to continue to maintain the facade that they aren't a front operation for the West Coast media department, have to focus on Fremantle for now.

Back