Interview with Kanan Makiya

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 4, 2001
The Best of All Possible Worlds
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions: Est. 1883, 11 Flags. PAFC
Well known Iraqi expatriate intellectual, Prof. Kanan Makiya, makes the case for war and his vision for a new Iraq. I've seen this fellow on TV a number of times, and I think he's one of the good guys and take his views seriously, even though I am sceptical about this war.

It's a ram link that runs for about 50 mins.

See also: http://www.theconnection.org/shows/2003/03/20030325_b_main.asp

It is only the blind that can't see that such a rich country is third world with poor health and infrastructure whereas all other oil rich nations have fantastic infrastructure and some of the best medical facilities and hospitals in the world. Iraq oil has been used for killing, not for the people. And only one man is to blame.

Originally posted by Frodo
It is only the blind that can't see that such a rich country is third world with poor health and infrastructure whereas all other oil rich nations have fantastic infrastructure and some of the best medical facilities and hospitals in the world. Iraq oil has been used for killing, not for the people. And only one man is to blame.

Only one man.........that's a very naive view if you look at the long history of Iraq........

Massive response from the anti-war brigade to this thread.

Good to see how engaged they are in the issues.

Kanan who?

Was he mentioned in Stupid White Men?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back