Is Goddard gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha there's no chance of Goddard missing next week, or Jolly, silly by Goddard but the free was paid against him and the player wasn't injured, will be looked at but no probs there

If Barry Hall got off in 2005 before the GF because somehow "suspending him for the GF was too great a penalty", then they will skip away.

End thread. No suspensions.

Re: Goddard knee dropping - Suspended?

I haven't seen the incident so not sure... but even if it's a reprimand it'll be a week because of 50% loading added on in the grand final.

The only two that stood out for me today was someone in the first qtr came third man into a tackle with knees first... and johnson/montagna for the little punch on they had.

Re: Goddard knee dropping - Suspended?

Will he get weeks for that??

and get weeks for playing a game that is now irrelevant????

and any other incidents people can think of?
Was just going through the tape to see the incident again and I think Goddard will be more worried about his hip and shoulder on Macaffer when Macaffer went down and got the ball and Goddard went for the hip and shoulder instead. I assume the MRP will say he got him on the shoulder but it is line ball between head high contact. Amazing that Goddard was around all the niggling things that would have been suspension worthy during the season - he got involved at quarter time when the jumper punches were being thrown by Didak and Farren Ray I think (Ray forgot to grab the jumper with his last two slaps though). Schneider slung Maxwell after the handball into Goddard's legs (which I don't think Goddard appreciated too much either but Maxwell came off second best). Couldn't see where Nathan Brown had blood drawn for the blood rule in the marking contest with Reid and Riewoldt but Goddard was lurking just behind. I suppose he was in the camera so much that he had to be around all the little incidents :(

I do think the MRP will look at his hip and shoulder on Macaffer but hopefully they rule it was contact with the shoulder.

Reckless and intentional - one week at least.
It was either reckless or intentional. It can't be both.

WRT the the MRP:
Reckless: The final result was unintentional, but the actions that lead to the result were intentional. eg, a heavy bump that makes contact to the head. The contact itself was unintentional, but the bump was intentional.

Intentional: The final result was intentional. eg, punching a player, or deliberately kneeing them in the head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the absence of any malicious, dog-acts in yesterday's game, it would be a terrible shame for any player from either side to miss the replay for fairly minor indiscretions.

The GF replay deserves for all players who participated yesterday to be available for selection again............especially Goddard who was highly unlucky not to be acknowledged with the Norm Smith.

Because I honeslty couldn't see anybody being rubbed out for next week. The AFL wont let it happen.
Sure, but they wouldn't suspend a player, then apply the suspension next year rather than next week to achieve that. It's never been done before. What sort of an uproar would that cause. If you're suspended in the match prior to the GF, you miss the GF, it's as simple as that. It's the way every other suspension has been applied prior to the GF. What makes you think the AFL will try and change the rules now? That would be an unprecedented decision.

What so if you intended to punch someone and missed you get suspended LOL

attempted striking has been around the same time as striking, cmon mate

I hope if he does get suspended, he can still play next week. I have a very bad feeling it won't work out like that, however I also don't think he'll get any weeks, maybe a reprimand

I think Goddard is in a bit of trouble this week.

There was a few other saints who might be nervous.

Guess they weren't planning to come back next week.

Chrsit, by your standards half the team will be suspended.

Harden up Melbourne fan, it was worth nothing more than a free kick.

No incident in the game was reportable.

It will not even get looked at by the MRP and it will not be mentioned anywhere in the media.

GUARANTEED

Grand final (replay). Very unlikely to be rubbed out, even if he punched someone (ala barry hall)

If Barry Hall got off in 2005 before the GF because somehow "suspending him for the GF was too great a penalty", then they will skip away.

End thread. No suspensions.

How soft are some AFL supporters. Five years on they still bring up a punch to the stomach.

Goddard dropped the knee into a players head. Dog Act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back