Have Port gone past the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

You still think we are a bottom 4 team lol.

Enjoy your record win & Ken's contract extension.

Sad you spend most of your life trolling...
Sad you spent most of your life failing reading comprehension. Keep trying to deflect the debate into something I never said, because you know you can't defend what I'm actually saying.

1-4 outside of Adelaide, losses against 12th (well, 11th now) and 14th, barely scraped by with a win against 16th. These are the facts. That is a bottom 4 quality record outside of SA in anyone's language.

Sad you spent most of your life failing reading comprehension.
Sad that you love having the reputation of being a troll.

Enjoy your night as I have better things to do than chatting with the lowest of lows on this board.

Sad that you love having the reputation of being a troll.

Enjoy your night as I have better things to do than chatting with the lowest of lows on this board.
Stating objective facts about your record outside of SA isn't 'trolling' just because you don't like those facts my man. Hope you enjoy the rest of your night more than you would've enjoyed the last hour and a half.

a good way to measure it is to see what the clubs have done for their local community. I mean look at Alberton and all the renos going on and how the place has transformed over the decades. now look at.... um... where are the Crows from again?

a good way to measure it is to see what the clubs have done for their local community. I mean look at Alberton and all the renos going on and how the place has transformed over the decades. now look at.... um... where are the Crows from again?

I mean the Crows would’ve done just that for the aquatic centre, which arguably would have benefitted far more people, if it wasn’t for the fact that a few backwards-thinking people with power blocked it.

I mean the Crows would’ve done just that for the aquatic centre, which arguably would have benefitted far more people, if it wasn’t for the fact that a few backwards-thinking people with power blocked it.

There was zero benefit to the general public with that proposal. It was an absolute con job, that’s why it didn’t get through.

I’m thinking that when the whips start cracking Adelaide will start to shine and show they are superior

I’m thinking that when the whips start cracking Adelaide will start to shine and show they are superior

Based on what exactly ?

Port have won x number of games in a row, and whilst the Crows are big improvers this season, still drop games on the road they are expected to win (like the Suns last weekend)

It's good for footy that we have both SA teams up and about imo

This year? they may be flat out making the 8 with all the away losses.
Based on what exactly ?

Port have won x number of games in a row, and whilst the Crows are big improvers this season, still drop games on the road they are expected to win (like the Suns last weekend)

It's good for footy that we have both SA teams up and about imo
I rate their forward line very highly … they’ve hit a bit of a slump as a team but I think they will bounce back and surprise a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate their forward line very highly … they’ve hit a bit of a slump as a team but I think they will bounce back and surprise a few

I think they will too, but i would have my money on Port going far deeper in September than the Crows.

Any team that can win 9 games in a row in an equalisation, 18 team comp has to be taken seriously/regarded as the real deal

The Crows midfield and backline still has some issues that needs addressing.

It would be pathetic if the Crows were not bigger, in fact it's pathetic how small the gap is considering they are basically a quasi state team.
When I was growing up I saw the Crows as the West Coast Eagles of SA.
I don't think the Crows are anywhere near the Eagles on a national scale though.

When I was growing up I saw the Crows as the West Coast Eagles of SA.
I don't think the Crows are anywhere near the Eagles on a national scale though.
West Coast are the biggest and richest club in the land. They have been very successful and whilst their cross town rival is a bigger club than anybody gives them credit for, they have been largely unsuccessful and dominated by West Coast. Perth/WA's population advantage, wealth and that weird WA parochialism, West Coast have become a juggernaut. Couple this with what appears to be a far more favourable relationship with the WAFC compared with dinosaurs at the SANFL who just saw the AFL clubs as cash cows (Port got bent over badly) but so did the Crows.
Adelaide still have more over all support and more corporate support (the old monied Norwood/Sturt supporters by and large support the Crows), but the gap has been closing over time.

West Coast are the biggest and richest club in the land. They have been very successful and whilst their cross town rival is a bigger club than anybody gives them credit for, they have been largely unsuccessful and dominated by West Coast. Perth/WA's population advantage, wealth and that weird WA parochialism, West Coast have become a juggernaut. Couple this with what appears to be a far more favourable relationship with the WAFC compared with dinosaurs at the SANFL who just saw the AFL clubs as cash cows (Port got bent over badly) but so did the Crows.
Adelaide still have more over all support and more corporate support (the old monied Norwood/Sturt supporters by and large support the Crows), but the gap has been closing over time.
It's a generational thing as kids choose the clubs that appeal the most to them. You really have to study which club has done the better job of winning the kids hearts to make them keen members when they come of age. Has Port done a better job in this area?

It's a generational thing as kids choose the clubs that appeal the most to them. You really have to study which club has done the better job of winning the kids hearts to make them keen members when they come of age. Has Port done a better job in this area?
Yes

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port missed an opportunity by becoming the Power instead of the Pirates in my opinion.

How many years would Port have to be strong and Adelaide weak for on the field before they would draw level in terms of size? I think the gap is small enough that it could happen if that trend continued for a decade. But even if Freo were strong for 20 years and the Eagles were weak for that whole time, I'm not sure they'd ever draw level.

We haven’t gone past. They gave 2 flags, we have 1.

In terms of supporter base size. Who really cares? Hawthorn are smaller than Carlton, but have been a significantly more successful afl club.

In the context of the teams hear and now, port are ahead because of that midfield. I think the crows have less pieces to complete to be the better team longer term but port are known for getting their targets so they could accelerate the sttengthening at either end of the ground.

I think that both sides will be mainstays in the top 8 for the remainder of the decade..but my bias here says i think we might shade them after this year in that top 8 battle.

The opportunity for port to pinch a flag is here now this season..a team that wins close games consistently is a team getting the job done

I’ve got a mate who works at a bank who’s seen the ‘budget’ list for the Malanauskas government and The Crows Thebarton HQ isn’t anywhere on there at all 😂

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back