Think Tank Is it time to ban greyhound racing and horse racing for good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of Chickens

What next ? Stealing Cows from farms cause they don't give consent to be milked ?

These militant Vegan crackpots are absolutely living on different planet to the rest of us.

My Mum keeps chickens and has had a rooster a few times. The rooster does get his way when he wants to.

As they are on a large property they all wander around. I remember one time I saw the rooster running like hell to a hen. A raven was attacking it and the rooster sorted the raven out quick smart. So they have a role. No idea how it works though. Some of those roosters have some nasty spurs.

I would say ask Ricky Nixon but real chickens are far more intelligent.

Now I’m worried that if I look at a cow for too long I’ll be accused of ‘stare rape’.

Hope my girlfriend doesn’t see this post.

"Stare rape"? With the way things are going I think this will be a thing soon enough. 🙄

Animals kept for human consumption will eventually get a bolt in the brain. Does it matter whether they live in atrocious conditions or get full body massages every night? The end result is the same.

They end up on my dinner plate.

Animals kept for human consumption will eventually get a bolt in the brain. Does it matter whether they live in atrocious conditions or get full body massages every night? The end result is the same.

The quality of meat is vastly different hence why Kobe beef is so pricey.

A free range cornfed chicken is insanely more delicious than your budget Steggles supermarket shelf stuffer.

Well you're going to die so perhaps you would enjoy happiness in slavery.

It's not about eating them or not. It's about suffering.

Win Leon Davis medals!

images
I think he’s a horse trainer now, had wanted to be a jockey when he was younger.
BTW - Fukc he has a fat head.

A free range cornfed chicken is insanely more delicious than your budget Steggles supermarket shelf stuffer.
Too be honest, I couldn’t give a poop.

As long as my steak is juicy and cooked the way I like it, I don’t give a second thought to how the end result lived it’s predetermined life:

What’s the difference? End result is the same.

Maybe death row inmates should be able to check off bucket list items before they fry instead of sitting in a 3x3 cell with 1 hour of yard time a day.

End result is the same.

(real) pasture fed even more so.

I have a favorite supplier I pay $35 per 2.0 to 2.3kg chook.

Sounds expensive.

And yet. Wife and I get two meat meals per chook each. And then by boiling the carcass a risotto and a soup each. That's $5 per serving. Much cheaper than IGA rancid mystery meat rissoles that are supposedly affordable on a budget.

Try that with a Steggles and the meat tastes like wet cotton buds and your dog wouldn't drink the stock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have given me some food for thought.

Have gone out for dinner tonight because we still can in the great state of WA, and ordered a Reef & Beef. I was assured the beef was from cows that have free access to acres of lush pasture and are personally sponged bathed everyday before a full body massage prior to bedtime. These periods of bathing and massaging are conducted whilst classical music is broadcast in the background. I did ask whether the Prawns in the Reef part of my meal were free range Swan River Prawns or oppressed farmed Prawns. They couldn’t confirm yes or no so I had my pampered cow with mushroom sauce.

Anyone eating cage eggs is not only a piece of sh*t but an absolute failure in life.

"Nah I can't afford the extra 10c an egg to buy something thats actually good for me rather than a nutrient depleted product of torture"

Imagine being that much of a poverty loser
Why am I not surprised this is coming from a Hawthorn supporter. We weren’t all born with a silver spoon and a trust fund mate.

I’ve decided on a few more things to ban today.
The dole.
Marijuana.
Anti vaccers and conspiracy theorists.

One of the first couple may actually eliminate the latter first.

Hearing rumours you will soon need the jab to get the dole.

'How can you be a job hunter if you cant work even if you find a job'

Why am I not surprised this is coming from a Hawthorn supporter. We weren’t all born with a silver spoon and a trust fund mate.

Funny old thing.

Low income areas have far higher rates of take away food consumption per person per week than silver spooners in wealthy suburbs.

And yet a take away meal for a family of four is going to cost at least double, and up to five or six times the cost of turning a dozen premium eggs into a yummy healthy meal. Or a fantastic (genuine) free range chook - still way cheaper than maccas - and so full of flavor easily stretched into a second meal with a bit of effort.

I have.

You ignored it, as you do anything that's outside the self congratulatory value system of the terribly ignorant but still terribly noisy latte' left.
That was it? Horses like to run on their own terms and that they therefore must also enjoy being raced to death?

That was it? Horses like to run on their own terms and that they therefore must also enjoy being raced to death?

If you knew the slightest thing about the subject you are screeching about, you would know that it is impossible to ride a horse that is not completely ok with what is going on. Try to and you will end up looking really embarrassed, if you are lucky and don't sustain injuries to more than your pride.

There are people who have become multi millionaires by being able to (sometimes) sit on a horse that is not in agreement with the events of the moment for as long as 8 seconds before ending up on the ground.

But hey. Don't let such a trifle as complete ignorance of the topic stop you. Never has before.

There are good reasons to frown at horse racing. Most of them fixable, but don't hold your breath waiting. If you are going to preach, try actually knowing even a little bit before running off your ill informed gob.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back