Is Luke Shuey an 'A' grader

Remove this Banner Ad

All relative to how many there are in total and how they are distributed. Also not sure that Shuey > Mitch Duncan. Shuey more flashy but they'd be pretty comparable overall.

Adelaide have 5 + 3 borderline
Richmond 3 +3

We have 4 + 1

Do we have 17 C-graders making up the rest? 10 Cs and 7 Ds? 17 Ds?

The reason he wasn't on the park last year was because Naitanui broke his ribs and punctured his lung with a cowardly knee.
Sandi could play till he is 40, he doesn't have to jump, unlike Naitanui who may neverake it back.

Cowardly knee, do you even have a clue about flying for a mark?

Here's a hint, Walters uses the same technique
images.jpeg

Fyfe isnt shy lading with the knees either when going for a fly
images (2).jpeg

Any Freo fan thinking it was deliberate with intent to injure has nfi how football is played.

Last edited:
The reason he wasn't on the park last year was because Naitanui broke his ribs and punctured his lung with a cowardly knee.
Sandi could play till he is 40, he doesn't have to jump, unlike Naitanui who may neverake it back.
Sandi is basically the Undertaker. Will play till he's 50, but only for one game a year (sadly, it's not the GF).

Shuey didn't win anything and only made a fool of himself in 2015.
Lucky our club has won things

It gets us through the dark times when we lose grand finals.

How do you cope as a matter on interest?

Crywanking would seem dockerish?

Lucky our club has won things

It gets us through the dark times when we lose grand finals.

How do you cope as a matter on interest?

Crywanking would seem dockerish?
With teams full of meth and steroids which in the end even cost lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All relative to how many there are in total and how they are distributed. Also not sure that Shuey > Mitch Duncan. Shuey more flashy but they'd be pretty comparable overall.

Adelaide have 5 + 3 borderline
Richmond 3 +3

We have 4 + 1

Do we have 17 C-graders making up the rest? 10 Cs and 7 Ds? 17 Ds?
In the game of arbitrary letter grades, there are no Ds.

What a joke that link is in what world is Matthew Kreuzer a A grader but Jack Riewoldt is merely borderline

In the real world?

The article makes a few mistakes I admit but Kreuzer had a legitimately great season in 2018, I'd have him as the second best ruckman in the comp behind Ryder. In a league where a gun ruckman is hard to come by (I would know, we have Bellchambers and Leuenberger), I rate Kruze as an elite player.

Riewoldt is a great player, but I wouldn't call him elite. Obviously a great career but he's literally borderline-elite as a great player but not superstar. Hooker is a similar standard tbh.

In the real world?

The article makes a few mistakes I admit but Kreuzer had a legitimately great season in 2018, I'd have him as the second best ruckman in the comp behind Ryder. In a league where a gun ruckman is hard to come by (I would know, we have Bellchambers and Leuenberger), I rate Kruze as an elite player.

Riewoldt is a great player, but I wouldn't call him elite. Obviously a great career but he's literally borderline-elite as a great player but not superstar. Hooker is a similar standard tbh.
Great season in 2018? calm down

They're both borderline and so is Shuey.
What does it mean to be an A-grader?

Isn't it weird that people can endlessly debate whether this label applies without first agreeing what this label means?

If I introduced a colour-coding system, where red was for the best players, blue was for the next tier, green for the tier below and yellow for the tier below that, would you all be willing to debate if Shuey was "red" or "blue"? It would be equally as meaningless as arguing whether he's an "A-grader" or not. It's totally arbitrary rubbish.

Last edited:
Apparently.

I'm not totally clear on the rules of the arbitrary letter grades. Ask one of the experts.

There are 26 letters in the Latin Alphabet, it seems a shame to limit arbitrary grading of players to just 3.

When I was at school they at least had ABCDE on school reports. But that was the 90s and early 2000s. People care more about feelings now, so I guess every player has to be at least a C for the sake of their warm and fuzzies.

What does it mean to be an A-grader?

Isn't is weird that people can endlessly debate whether this label applies without first agreeing what this label means?

If I introduced a colour-coding system, where red was for the best players, blue was for the next tier, green for the tier below and yellow for the tier below that, would you all be willing to debate if Shuey was "red" or "blue"? It would be equally as meaningless as arguing whether he's an "A-grader" or not. It's totally arbitrary rubbish.
It depends on how you rate them. I generally go by tier A graders which would put him around the mark but I know most think of that as a load of rubbish and it's A, B, C, etc which puts him as a B for mine because you can't compare him to Kelly Fyfe Danger Ablett Martin etc

It depends on how you rate them.
No s**t.

And given this tiered classification is totally arbitrary, what is the discussion even about?

Do you apply one arbitrary label or the other arbitrary label? Fascinating stuff.

I generally go by tier A graders which would put him around the mark but I know most think of that as a load of rubbish and it's A, B, C, etc which puts him as a B for mine because you can't compare him to Kelly Fyfe Danger Ablett Martin etc
Wow, that clears it up. He's a B, not an A. Whatever that means.

Here's my new classification system.

Would you say Shuey is Blue, Orange or Green? Or even Brown!?

12-fiber-color-code---named.jpg

Won't it be fascinating to see which colours are assigned to different players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back