Society/Culture It's time to kill facebook!

Remove this Banner Ad

AM, you are daft. The ease at which a company like Facebook can prove they took reasonable steps to curb cyberbullying in light of suicide would be simple. In spite of that, they would simply censor normal speech, algorithmically.

Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
"Shooting the messenger doesn't seem like reasonable redress"

"Being wealthy isn't a crime and nor should it be default make you responsible for other people's crimes."

I'd suggest the implication is fairly clear.
I'd suggest the implication is whatever you thought would bolster your argument, not what you thought was actually true.

I'd suggest the implication is whatever you thought would bolster your argument, not what you thought was actually true.
As to the first part - I guess that applies to most discussions. As to the second part - I actually do believe the accuracy of post #48. Been an interesting and considerate discussion. At least between us. ;)

As to the first part - I guess that applies to most discussions. As to the second part - I actually do believe the accuracy of post #48. Been an interesting and considerate discussion. At least between us. ;)
It wasn't the inference I intended. I try to be very specific about what I say. It's not always easy.

The gist of it is that corporations shouldn't be used as a scape goat and receive the punitive measures that are applicable for the individuals who are actually offending. It doesn't solve anything in the long run, not in the case of carrier services anyway.

It wasn't the inference I intended. I try to be very specific about what I say. It's not always easy.

The gist of it is that corporations shouldn't be used as a scape goat and receive the punitive measures that are applicable for the individuals who are actually offending. It doesn't solve anything in the long run, not in the case of carrier services anyway.
I was across your point of view. However, carriers are responsible for content and I believe average Joe's and Jill's should be empowered to seek redress when the circumstances are harsh and unreasonable. As matters stand that isn't available to them. Anyway, as I said, the discussion has been respectful. We just have different perspectives.

I was across your point of view. However, carriers are responsible for content and I believe average Joe's and Jill's should be empowered to seek redress when the circumstances are harsh and unreasonable. As matters stand that isn't available to them. Anyway, as I said, the discussion has been respectful. We just have different perspectives.
Yeah I agree carriers have a responsibility to a certain degree. We obviously disagree how much, that's all.

It’s kind of funny that people set up a platform that is valued purely on its basis to allow advertisers exploit a bit of Plebism but then everyone jumps up and down like little bitches when someone else does the same thing.

The whole point of (the value of) FaceBook was its ability to get people to buy s**t.

You think the same servers are not trolling over every word you write here?

You either build a wood cabin unabomber style - preferably without the bombs - or you accept it.

Facebook are a leach. Produce nothing - take everything

I don't post my personal pics, location, business/work details, family stuff etc here. They are welcome to read everything i write here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the reason we've never used Facebook and steer clear of the 'do no evil' crowd. You can't entirely avoid Google as most websites use Google Analytics, but we keep away from Gmail, Chrome and Google search or any of their associated entities.
Never mind Santa.

Google knows where you've even if you can't remember.

So be good for goodness sake!

Here's where to get Google's tracking of your every move.
1f62c.png

Click Here --- >> https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?

It seems like you're framing your arguments around the fact that companies like Facebook are wealthy and the disparity in wealth and power between them and victims of cyber bullying etc. All of that might be true, but it doesn't make for justice. Being wealthy isn't a crime
It's rarely done without criminal, fraudulent action at some point. Usually pretty serious.

Rupert Corp, case in point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back