Opinion I've lost all hope and faith in the Adelaide Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Look up the definition of PTSD. nothing from the camp would come close.

Well not actually true, but anyway it wasn't the point i was trying to make. He said there was no lasting damage that could be done psychologically, I just picked one of the most well known examples to disprove that.

Look up the definition of PTSD. nothing from the camp would come close.
Bit of insult to those with genuine PTSD to suggest what the Crows players went through is in anyway related to PTSD.

Then again, that is how the tabloid media are trying to portray it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well not actually true, but anyway it wasn't the point i was trying to make. He said there was no lasting damage that could be done psychologically, I just picked one of the most well known examples to disprove that.
What do you think is the worst thing that happened on that camp to use PTSD as a point of reference?

What do you think is the worst thing that happened on that camp to use PTSD as a point of reference?

PTSD is something that can occur after any sort of mental trauma. People process things differently and to say PTSD is impossible is simply wrong. improbable? maybe, but not impossible.

But again I'm not arguing that the players have PTSD. AGAIN, it was merely the obvious refutation of the absurd claim that psychological conditions can't have ongoing debilitating effects the same way as a physical injury can.

Well, actually true.

You were suggesting that he was unaware of PTSD. Clearly you must think the camp caused mass fear of loss of life or physical integrity, or sustained exposure to direct 2nd hand details of such.

Not saying there are no psychological issues, but calling out someone for overlooking potential PTSD shows a tabloid level understanding of the condition.

Last edited:
PTSD is something that can occur after any sort of mental trauma. People process things differently and to say PTSD is impossible is simply wrong. improbable? maybe, but not impossible.

But again I'm not arguing that the players have PTSD. AGAIN, it was merely the obvious refutation of the absurd claim that psychological conditions can't have ongoing debilitating effects the same way as a physical injury can.
Do you honestly think what happened at the camp could have these effects. To the extent the players future earnings are impaired?

Bear in mind there has been no suggestion of unlawful behaviour.

Or is it just tabloid muckraking to suggest it?

My main point here is the media are just using this story and dragging it up when they need click bait hits/ratings boost.

The damage has been done at our club. 2017 our guys seemed to be a high energy group playing for each other and winning games because of it. From the outside there looked to be a brotherhood among the playing group and coaches.

Our club and CM destroyed that. To me it looks like trust and friendships were broken. Whatever happened at the camp, the brotherhood was destroyed. Certain players being vocal about the fun not being there any more. You can see that on field.

All that can be done now is to build that trust back up. Rebuild and move on.

There won't be any class action or legal repercussions, a court of law won't rule on hurt feelings. It just media BS sensationalism.

The real damage is two wasted seasons with a pretty good playing list when we should have been contenders.

Our club pissed that away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Successful organizations MUST have an inclusive culture
We lost that about 20 years ago which is about how long it's been since we last went top

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

It’s interesting - this board is *overwhelmingly* negative about the way the club is run. We *should* be the most committed supporters the club has (but I think we’re rightly outraged at what has been done to our club). I don’t look at other boards. Does any other board hate their leaders like we do?

I never thought we would sink so low where our coaches box would include Brent **** Reilly. As bad as we are on the field our off field team is much worse. Have we hit the bottom yet.
Unfortunately I think it will get worse before it gets better. We still have so many senior players playing with not a lot coming through that are certainties to become good-great players, or even make it. We have the worst footy department in the comp and have the worst list in the comp to go with it. We might beat a depleted North tomorrow but what will it achieve...

They talk about how culture is dictated from the top down, so I really shouldn't be surprised we've reverted to those "self-preservation" aspects that Dunstall said was one of our big problems given we still have the same rotten leadership. Sure, we painted the walls and put in a nice new couch, but behind all that the foundations are still rotten.

They talk about how culture is dictated from the top down, so I really shouldn't be surprised we've reverted to those "self-preservation" aspects that Dunstall said was one of our big problems given we still have the same rotten leadership. Sure, we painted the walls and put in a nice new couch, but behind all that the foundations are still rotten.

Fagan is a fraud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back