Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I will back the club in to be able to draft/recruit/develop an elite midfielder in the next couple of years, I don't think they're that difficult to find IMO.
We have been waiting for such a elite powerful preferably pacey mid since Danger at the end of 2015 season. I have a little hope that Pedlar may fill that void but his biggest problem is keeping him on the park. We thought Hately was the answer but he is a spud I have no great confidence with Pedlar due to being injury prone so if you give the club another couple years it will be a decade+ without that player we desperately need.

It has been such along wait for Crows supporters already and there seems no real urgency from our list management team to address this.

I just did a best 22 and have to admit, that forward line is getting mightily crowded.

If you pencil in Tex, Fog, Rachele, Rankine, Thilthorpe and McAdam as starting 6, it potentially leaves Ned, Murphy, Sloane, Keays, Gollant, Rowe (if he's still a Crow) and Pedlar all juking it out for 1 maybe 2 positions.

Gonna be an interesting season.

Have they acvtually done better though?

Here's a challenge for you......

Which list would be longer?

A list of elite midfielders in the AFL or a list of elite small forwards?

I would argue that getting your hands on an elite midfielder via the draft is easier than finding an elite small forward. So while it was disappointing to miss out on JHF, I honestly think that Rankine is a much rarer piece of the puzzle to find.

Personally I will back the club in to be able to draft/recruit/develop an elite midfielder in the next couple of years, I don't think they're that difficult to find IMO.
I guess the difference being you absolutely do need elite midfielders but you can get away with not having an elite small forward

It shouldn't be but it is for us. Without a new head recruiter, I can't be confident that we'll ever draft an elite mid. We're probably better odds of trading one in.

I just did a best 22 and have to admit, that forward line is getting mightily crowded.

If you pencil in Tex, Fog, Rachele, Rankine, Thilthorpe and McAdam as starting 6, it potentially leaves Ned, Murphy, Sloane, Keays, Gollant, Rowe (if he's still a Crow) and Pedlar all juking it out for 1 maybe 2 positions.

Taylor too..

But Taylor and pedlar should be mid/forwards.. not forward/mids!..

Rowe can go
Keays can follow him

Pedlar, taylor, rachele, rankine need to be prioritised over sloane, murphy, rowe, keays and mchenry.

Murph should be sent to defense.
Keays to the sanfl
Rowe to the delist pile
Sloane can play SANFL until he can prove he isnt cooked.
Mchenry isnt a small forwards a-hole.

The only problem I have with our list is the lack of say Two elite star midfielders with good skills the rest to me is pretty good, we have good depth shown by making an SANFL preliminary final.

The only problem I have with our list is the lack of say Two elite star midfielders with good skills the rest to me is pretty good, we have good depth shown by making an SANFL preliminary final.

How about Dawson, Rankine and Rachele?

Add in Berry, Soligo, Taylor. <EDIT> + Pedlar + Shoenberg!!!

Laird goes alright.

I’m not sure our FUTURE midfield group is sooo awful.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May finally force nicks to try and reinvent some players in different positions

* these blokes are stupid.

It was never about the money, it was about coming home. It is why he rejected Essendon, it is why he rejected Gold Coast.

Seriously, these are meant to be expert footy media.

Yeh right, give me a break.

I wouldn't be shocked if the bogus rumours about Rankine's contract came from someone associated with Port as a way to create a narrative to justify why he didn't go there.

see edmund? still try and throw the boot in saying take information coming from the Crows on the contract with a pinch of salt rather than just own up that he made up 950K per year on 5 years
Edmund is one of the biggest jokes around. Guy is shut out from the majority of clubs in Victoria because of the BS he peddles.

It was never about the money, it was about coming home. It is why he rejected Essendon, it is why he rejected Gold Coast.

I was a little surprised when I heard it was 3 years, only because that's an unusually short term for a player incoming by trade. So I thought "why?" and pretty much immediately realised it was probably because he wanted to prove himself and collect a big payday on the next contract, rather than lock himself in to what would almost certainly be a lower salary for 5 years. Which has since been confirmed, I believe, by both Reid and Rankine themselves.

I mean, if a numpty like me worked it out immediately, what are these guys being paid for?

- Of course, the other thing is that these guys aren't paid to work out simple and obvious explanations; they're paid to make things sound mysterious and complex and, with a bit of luck (clickbait) controversial.

I wouldn't be shocked if the bogus rumours about Rankine's contract came from someone associated with Port as a way to create a narrative to justify why he didn't go there.
rooch-hurt-e-jpg.1512855

I guess that's why they're on a radio station barely anyone can tune into...and even less listen to (though it does look like they're starting a stealth takeover of Cruise 1323).

I guess that's why they're on a radio station barely anyone can tune into...and even less listen to (though it does look like they're starting a stealth takeover of Cruise 1323).
Yes it seems that way which seems odd because at times cruise has rated higher than 5aa this year.

I think it was the usual Sen tactic of making up lies to discredit us and make us pay more for him in a trade. They had no clue of the contract but they decided to go with their own made up s**t.

Taylor too..

But Taylor and pedlar should be mid/forwards.. not forward/mids!..

Rowe can go
Keays can follow him

Pedlar, taylor, rachele, rankine need to be prioritised over sloane, murphy, rowe, keays and mchenry.

Murph should be sent to defense.
Keays to the sanfl
Rowe to the delist pile
Sloane can play SANFL until he can prove he isnt cooked.
Mchenry isnt a small forwards a-hole.
Agree on all but Keays

Back