Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got a result on the jumper problem
My work has a corporate suite at crows games so GM’s PA emailed corporate services at AFC and asked what they can do
They pulled some strings and they have sorted me a 2024 home guernsey with the #23 free of charge
😍 unexpected win

200w-11.gif

Nah at time of purchase
Was in my mums name so have responded with this saying WTF
It’s not change of mind
Honestly think I’ll get nowhere it’s the principle of it , the profit margins on these are insane it’s no skin off thier nose

View attachment 1862184

the principle is you getting what you paid for, not changing your mind on a customised item. Have you offered any further payment for the extra work you're expecting on this principle?

I've changed my vote from slight overs to slight unders on the news that Nicks is playing Rankine in the midfield this year (more than the 2% CBA last year anyway).

This is big news, and if Rankine can tear it up to the level we all saw in the juniors, then he, Dawson and Laird will be dynamic and best in class first bounce combination, rotating with Crouch, Rachele and Pedlar - Soligo and Jones on the wings.

Aged 24 early in 2024 season, Rankine is primed to make the step up to goal-kicking midfielder this year.

Averages Disposals
2020 - 11.5
2021 - 11.8 (+3%)
2022 - 13.5 (+14%)
2023 - 15.9 (+18%)
2024 - 19.1 (+20%) - projection

In your draft year we did an interview where you said you'd always looked up to the greatest and wanted to be one of the best ever. How do you reflect on your ambitions?

I think that feeling is still there – I still want to be the greatest. Whether that's the greatest in the AFL or the greatest Crow, I want to get to a level that I know I can

Love the passion, forgot he was pick bloody 3 as well

Last edited:
Scary player he is, unstoppable when he’s on.
Seems very disciplined too, his football IQ is off the charts and damage with disposal is Cyril like. Bigger engine than Cyril though.
Could win a Brownlow one day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had two disposals to half time. Anyone know how many CBAs he had?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
He couldn’t handle the close checking from Durham.

Knew this would happen, Scott wasn’t going to allow him to go unchecked and it’s fine to have ambition but to come out and say you want to be the best player in the comp or in the clubs history you’re asking for trouble.

What this guy said. Fancy talking about the best player in the comp

Knew this would happen, Scott wasn’t going to allow him to go unchecked and it’s fine to have ambition but to come out and say you want to be the best player in the comp or in the clubs history you’re asking for trouble.
Honestly complaining about a player wanting to become the best is the most Crows supporter thing ever.

Honestly complaining about a player wanting to become the best is the most Crows supporter thing ever.
Wanting to become the best and telling the world you want to be the best are 2 different things. Then to stink it up when someone applies some tight checking.

These puff pieces and public displays never end well.

Wanting to become the best and telling the world you want to be the best are 2 different things. Then to stink it up when someone applies some tight checking.

He was asked about it specifically in the interview (was originally a comment of his before he got drafted), I’m not sure what you think he should’ve said instead

Telling the world he wants to he the best has no impact whatsoever to his match.

Its only Crows fans complaining.

He needs to learn how to deal with tight checking, thats part of becoming the best, I agree with that.

Good on him, its nice to have a player with talent and with the desire and confidence to have a crack like that.

Meanwhile what plans did our coaching group have for Merrett who always plays well against us...

Rankine's second half against Essendon was still very good I thought. Obviously well beaten early on, but not a game with no positives.
Finished with 12 possessions, 271m gain at 81% TOG, 6 tackles (it should have been 7 with that HTB) and kicked an important goal after only having 2 possessions in the 1st half.

Back