J Lo At The Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

If they were going to screw us around playing the match at a venue which was inappropriate, then I thought I would "screw them around", by sitting in an undesigntaed seat.

That'll show 'em!! :p

Take that Ian Collins, and Graeme McMahon! I'm such a rebel. :D

Originally posted by Richmondfan#1

hehehe
Dan the Rebel Man.

Thats why i respect the Richmond Grog Squad so much. They generate there own noise and fire up the crowd themselves. Thats the way footy should be. I heard some of Graeme McMahons comment at the presidents lunch and he came off as someone who is very upset for no apparent reason. He has this us against them mentality ??? Its just ridiculous........

APA

Who the hell wants to hear music during the footy apart from the teeny boppers? If you need music to get fired up at the footy, then god help us. Give me the crowd noise to get me fired up any day.

------------------------------
Play on says the umpire
------------------------------

Couldn't agree more with everyone's sentiments. I was 'lucky' enough to go on Saturday night, and everyone was cringing every time they played that stupid song, Essendon supporters included. I haven't met ONE person who thinks it's a good idea, so why are they doing it? Did Graham "we're the victims here" McMahon want 50,000 Essendon supporters there to support the team, or to dance tragically to JLo???

The day footy becomes so boring it relies on sh!t music to excite the crowd is the day I stop going. Surely the fact Essendon were mercilessly flogging the opposition was enough to get their supporters excited.

And another thing, has anyone been able to explain when the attendance figure was posted, why in brackets that had the tickets sold??? There was a 5000 difference between the two! Does this mean 5,000 people spent $20-45 on a ticket, saw it was a little chilly outside and decided to watch the game on TV instead???

Or are they referring to Medallion Club members who didn't show?
And they stated the capacity was 57,000, and it was a sellout, yet only 55,000 tickets were sold and 50,000 people turned up. Anyone able to shed light on any of this??? :confused: :confused:

There was a 5000 difference between the two! Does this mean 5,000 people spent $20-45 on a ticket, saw it was a little chilly outside and decided to watch the game on TV instead???

Once the game became sold out so that it guaranteed live TV coverage, I'm sure a lot of people stayed home. The weather excuse is pretty weak; how can anyone use that as a reason not to go when the stadium has a bloody roof on it?

Sell your tickets if you're gonna do this crap.

Goalden Hawk. The capacity was 56,000. But the capacity of the MCG in 99,801, and that doesn't stop the Grand Final crowd only reaching 95,000.

The 55,500 tickets sold, obviously refer to the entire stadium, including the medallion club. There are always quite a few "annual reserved seats" for the home team, that don't get filled on the day, in addition to the medallion club, and a smattering of others around the ground. Last year, we had a total sell-out against Geelong which drew 47,071. Given that there were 3,500 standing room tickets sold for Saturday's clash, the 50,701 figure seemed right on the money (if you take into account the Ess-Gee figure from the year before which didn't have standing room)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back