Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
Tell me its not true............

Did a club resort to playing Jennifer Lopez music after a goal to get their supporters excited ?? If thats true that is a really sad state of affairs. Surely passionate supporters dont require music to get them excited ???

APA

Jlc remeber what type of suppoters they have 12 --16 old girls....The Essendon Hireachy must have thought it was an underage disco type of atmosphere at their games..So why not entertain them..lol

2001041301521515.jpg

LETS GET LOUD!!!!!!!

If I could just rescue this topic from mindless insults for a moment (I know you won't indulge Ripper, but you're up against some hefty opposition) ...

Essendon kicked 18 goals last night, and they played that grab 18 times. After it fell flat on its face in the first quarter, the no-talent goon on the scoreboad told all the Essendon fans to scream out "Go Bombers!" at the end of the song.

So the Dons kick a goal early doors in the second quarter. "They won't do it. They just can't." I thinks to meself. Sure enough, the fifteen second grab of that Lopez rubbish finishes, and a scream - pretty high on the fret-board to bely the pre-pubescent and generally female supporter base - is emitted by the Bomber fans. By this stage the Hawks were five goals down and certain losers, but gee I laughed my head off.

The best part was when they got one in the last quarter, but the field umpire forgot to give the all-clear, so we had a bit of a delay in signalling the goal. No reaction from the Bomber fans, not even when the goal umpire eventually signalled the goal, but after the fifteen second grab was played again. Priceless!

This is an exciting new era in studio audience participation. Now that Essendon have instituted choreographed and state-sanctioned cheering for their fans (or clients, see below), I think the next logical step is for there to be canned applause, so that the powers-that-be at Colonial can have the audience effects they think are appropriate to the situation, so the home viewers know what emotions they should be feeling.

I know the Hawks haven't been the greatest in pre-game "entertainment", but we've never stopped anywhere near this level of embarrassment. Seriously Bomber fans, how many of you were cowering in embarrassment each time you were implored to "get loud"? Cringe inducing stuff Essendon, and an affront to your true supporters.

Which brings me to my next point. They used to be called "supporters". But now, thanks to Essn'sync, the people who actually follow your team are no longer supporters or members, the life-blood of your club and the reason it exists. No, they're called - wait for it - CLIENTS! Pardon me, all you Christian types out there, but JESUS CHRIST! CLIENTS! We were kindly informed that the people in the orange vests were "Client Service Officers", so by extension the people they are servicing must be clients.

This absolutely reeks. Clients are people who pay you money for a good or a service. Clients are the entities that corporations suck dry to increase their profits and EPS ratios. This expression, when used to describe the people WHO THE ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB ACTUALLY EXIST BECAUSE OF AND FOR, is and should be the gravest insult ever laid at the feet of the supporters of a football club. Congratulations Bomber fans, you're nothing but a revenue stream!

I kid you not, the day my footy club refers to me as a client is the day I give it away. I am absolutely outraged.

Chook;

If you ask any of the Essendon supporters on this board, I think they all pretty much share your sentiments. Judged from the reactions I have seen from our members on this and other forums, it will hopefully be a very short-lived experience.

Good god, after awhile it was enough to make me cheer for Essendon to kick behinds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:( Yeah, it was bad....very bad. I've already vented my spleen on our message board. This sort of crap is really disappointing for the 'old firm'....you know...us Bombers who are over 30...yes there are some of us! Sh!t...come to think of it...i'm positively a dinosaur!

Danny Chook,
I missed the "client" refferance. If so, that's very disappointing also...particularly for the likes of our crew who've been members since early/mid '80's.

where's wally?

Originally posted by Joel

GO YOU TENNY BOPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!

What's a 'tenny bopper'?

If all Essendon supporters are 'tenny boppers', why am I currently playing Napalm Death on my stereo?;)

Get rid of the (Jlo) fat-assed ho!
(hey, that rhymes!)

Brilliant DCFC, couldn't agree more. I just don't see what good can come from playing sh!t music after a goal. It was an utter disgrace, even worse than that stupid Bulldog on the big screen after every goal against the Bullies. If Hawthorn partake in any of this crap i will be outraged.

Cant think things up themselves

Theyve stolen Ports idea in a way. Port play parts of Lets get loud before the game at half time and three quarter time with a little highlights package on the scoreboard.

Typical bombers have to flog the idea...im just glad port dont play it after every goal!

"Typical bombers have to flog the idea..."

Like WE flogged YOUR fitness coach?!

Put this in order:
"Kettle The Black Pot The Calling"...
;)

Originally posted by SydneyBomber
"Typical bombers have to flog the idea..."

Like WE flogged YOUR fitness coach?!

Put this in order:
"Kettle The Black Pot The Calling"...
;)

I wouldnt be owning up to such a stupid idea. If you need music to get you excited at the football then thats pretty sad.

Even the woof woof of the Bulldogs at Colonial is very annoying and very tacky.

APA

Originally posted by JLC

I wouldnt be owning up to such a stupid idea. If you need music to get you excited at the football then thats pretty sad.
APA

What did I own up to?!

I think the idea is pretty stupid, and if you read my earlier posts you would have seen that.

I wasn't a big fan of it (tell me someone who was?). Still, it's no worse than the Bulldgos, "Who let the Dogs out?"

Games don't need manufactured noise. The supporters of any club can generate that themselves through the actions of the players on the field.

I had a good night personally though. Had my sh*t seat behind the goals. Halfway through the first term I went to the wing and sat in one of the "annual reserved seats" that was not taken. Good seat too. Top deck, three rows from the front, on the wing.

Please don't tell Ian Collins I did it. I don't want to get in trouble.:p

Dan25 admits
Halfway through the first term I went to the wing and sat in one of the "annual reserved seats" that was not taken. Good seat too. Top deck, three rows from the front, on the wing.

Please don't tell Ian Collins I did it. I don't want to get in trouble.:p

Hands up if yer reckon we should tell Collo.
luxhello.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back