Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a daughter, do your worst mate, tell me how I'm brainwashing her and going to ruin her future. Do your ******* worst.

You accusing me of this s**t but you are exactly the same on the other end of the spectrum, you refuse to accept anything good about anything if its reported in the evil media. Keep throwing the Murdoch name around and pretend you're woke and s**t, see how people pretend to respect your apparent insider knowledge.

Otherwise go fu** yourself.

Cool story brah

When you got blairites writing stuff about her as if she's done good, hiding from you the facts, she's not done good. She's done something really wrong..

The truth will be blatantly clear of the implications of level 2 compared to level 4 lock downs, in future studies of data. The system is really good, in both our countries, for measuring harm from gov policy. . Out of 4 levels, she went 2 to many. That's a big error.

They're saying she's compassionate and emphatic, brings a refreshing touch to leadership. Yet many on both left and right, the world over screaming about what the lock down is doing, to people business family. She went way to hard.

How can someone like you, live these times and not know what's going on? But I bet you know who dies next in home and away?

The media/social media love affair with the NZ Prime Minister is nauseating. If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it's that polishing political turds is in vogue. Even ScoMo is looking radiant in his media appearances.

Cool story brah

When you got blairites writing stuff about her as if she's done good, hiding from you the facts, she's not done good. She's done something really wrong..

The truth will be blatantly clear of the implications of level 2 compared to level 4 lock downs, in future studies of data. The system is really good, in both our countries, for measuring harm from gov policy. . Out of 4 levels, she went 2 to many. That's a big error.

They're saying she's compassionate and emphatic, brings a refreshing touch to leadership. Yet many on both left and right, the world over screaming about what the lock down is doing, to people business family. She went way to hard.

How can someone like you, live these times and not know what's going on? But I bet you know who dies next in home and away?

I live in ******* New Zealand you muppet, I know exactly the situation. One of our main economies is tourism, meaning we had literally thousands coming in potentially carrying and spreading clusters of this potentially devastating virus, to both our health and economy. She acted on the advice given to her by all relevant information at the time.

What if she went level 2 and we had over 10 thousand cases right now and had clusters exploding everywhere? At least the economy would be going slightly better I guess?

We just had a massive budget surplus which is going to cushion this whole event as well, we are going to get through this and your sources of "everyone on the left and right dont like/agree" with her is unsourced bullshit and just your pathetic attempt to appear woke or aware or otherwise clever than you actually are.

You are the biggest sheep of all, telling everyone that they should agree with your view because you know best.

Next time theres a pandemic like this we'll be sure to rush to a football forum to get your call on what level we should go to, aye?

I live in ******* New Zealand you muppet, I know exactly the situation. One of our main economies is tourism, meaning we had literally thousands coming in potentially carrying and spreading clusters of this potentially devastating virus, to both our health and economy. She acted on the advice given to her by all relevant information at the time.

What if she went level 2 and we had over 10 thousand cases right now and had clusters exploding everywhere? At least the economy would be going slightly better I guess?

We just had a massive budget surplus which is going to cushion this whole event as well, we are going to get through this and your sources of "everyone on the left and right dont like/agree" with her is unsourced bullshit and just your pathetic attempt to appear woke or aware or otherwise clever than you actually are.

You are the biggest sheep of all, telling everyone that they should agree with your view because you know best.

Next time theres a pandemic like this we'll be sure to rush to a football forum to get your call on what level we should go to, aye?
I can see you're overall quite happy with the approach in NZ. Do you have any criticism of the way she's handled this pandemic?

I can see you're overall quite happy with the approach in NZ. Do you have any criticism of the way she's handled this pandemic?

I think she did the best move she could with the knowledge she had. They confirmed we had infections and indicated there was a strong chance they couldnt contain the spread of it, and this was after flight restrictions. Going to level 2 wouldn't have done jack s**t to stop these uncontrolled spreads, while level 4 has seen our infection rate drop and recently become zero, which is why we are level 3 and moving to level 2 within the week.

We are not at this so called risk of collapsing economically for evermore and we have contained a spread which could well have crippled us longer term than just this shutdown. So yes, shes done fine.

I think she did the best move she could with the knowledge she had. They confirmed we had infections and indicated there was a strong chance they couldnt contain the spread of it, and this was after flight restrictions. Going to level 2 wouldn't have done jack s**t to stop these uncontrolled spreads, while level 4 has seen our infection rate drop and recently become zero, which is why we are level 3 and moving to level 2 within the week.

We are not at this so called risk of collapsing economically for evermore and we have contained a spread which could well have crippled us longer term than just this shutdown. So yes, shes done fine.
I'm sure I saw figures earlier today showing the economic cost of the Australian response to COVID-19 was greater per capita than NZ's, which I found interesting and surprising.

I'm trying to find those figures again.

w00787.jpg

..and I have no doubt that's a reason she would have been keen to take part in this. Look for ways to get money out of us.
They got some of the healthiest milk you can get. They've got access to decent fisheries. Toghther we can be a food hub for Asia.

It would make even better sense to make a new commonwealth. Arden is so much more real as a leader than females that have got within cooey of power.

They'll never call Arden a witch like they did Gillard.
Or an old Bag like bishop
Or point out the sociopath in the younger bishop.
Nobody will ask if Arden is a top or bottom like wong, does it matter if you're rite?

Be No **** shaming of her either.
If you put Arden and waters Toghther you'd have a cheer leader and the next big thing in Hollywood.

There's a pattern there and Arden does bring compassion to her touch, unlike Australian high profile politicians

And Arden won't be accussed of entering politics simply to stop rival Chinese restraunts using cat for dim sims,. Like hanson. .

The media/social media love affair with the NZ Prime Minister is nauseating. If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it's that polishing political turds is in vogue. Even ScoMo is looking radiant in his media appearances.

I don't get why they got to write s**t about her. She is a breath of fresh air. The genuine jacinta arden is more appealing and competent and the s**t coming out of main stream media. She is doing something, in this part of the world and western European culture.

The same people who sold us Morriston are selling us arden.. That smells.

Anyway, she did got 2 levels to far in the lock down and its gonna cost.

Sure, ignore the fact that it stopped any potentially massive community clusters spiraling out of control.

You can rebuild an economy, a lot harder to rebuild a death count.

Average age in Italy was 80. Their medical costs will be lower for the next decade as they accelerated their old people death rate.

Sweden is doing the same. But with an economy only partially affected. Its a bold move and at the moment is paying off.

Countries like NZ and us are screwed if the vaccine is a year or more away.

Cool story brah

On what basis are you making these claims?

Average age in Italy was 80. Their medical costs will be lower for the next decade as they accelerated their old people death rate.

Sweden is doing the same. But with an economy only partially affected. Its a bold move and at the moment is paying off.

How are Italy and Sweden better off than us?

We are about to gradually open our economy because we should be able to keep new infections under control. By July most of the economy should be restarted (agree a long way from fully functional though).

In Italy, although lots of old people have died, still only a fraction of their population has been infected by COVID but there's enough people infected in society that another wave of death will hit if they open things up too much. So they are far more screwed than we are especially if a vaccine is years away. 30,000 dead with plenty more to come, especially in parts south of Rome which have been less affected than the more affluent north.

As for Sweden they are also far from herd immunity (if herd immunity even exists). Like Italy, if a vaccine is a long way away, they will remain in partial lockdown for ages because the disease is active in too much of society. Their strategy is not paying off. Norway, Denmark and Finland have struck a much better balance between lockdown and death than Sweden. And this will show as they start lifting restrictions in the next few months while Sweden is stuck in a half way house of partial lockdown.

You must be insane if you would rather be in Italy.

This. Its a big gamble. This just came out.

Restrictions on social and economic activity may have to remain in place for “the long haul”, as a coronavirus treatment or vaccine could be more than a year away and may never arrive, Boris Johnson has warned in a document setting out a limited relaxation of lockdown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Restrictions on social and economic activity may have to remain in place for “the long haul”, as a coronavirus treatment or vaccine could be more than a year away and may never arrive, Boris Johnson has warned in a document setting out a limited relaxation of lockdown
And we will have to wait for it to disappear like the Spanish flu. Playing a prediction game is dangerous.

None of that is recent news.

Boris Johnson was spooked into heavy handed action by the publishing of a hastily put together apocalyptic scientific article based on false premises that hadn't been peer reviewed. Welcome to politics.

Australia and NZ will quite likely be among the last nations to move on from COVID-19, especially if a vaccine isn't forthcoming. The economic effects could be debilitating.

And we will have to wait for it to disappear like the Spanish flu. Playing a prediction game is dangerous.

Yes I dont think anyone really knows if it will disappear like SARS or become another seasonal flu.

Just like they dont know what sort of immunity anyone has after catching it.

Yes I dont think anyone really knows if it will disappear like SARS or become another seasonal flu.

Just like they dont know what sort of immunity anyone has after catching it.
Exactly, so while Sweden may have done it correctly.. they also might have not done it so well (They had a partial lockdown of sorts in comparison to the rest of the world). Time will tell and hindsight is 20/20

How are Italy and Sweden better off than us?

We are about to gradually open our economy because we should be able to keep new infections under control. By July most of the economy should be restarted (agree a long way from fully functional though).

In Italy, although lots of old people have died, still only a fraction of their population has been infected by COVID but there's enough people infected in society that another wave of death will hit if they open things up too much. So they are far more screwed than we are especially if a vaccine is years away. 30,000 dead with plenty more to come, especially in parts south of Rome which have been less affected than the more affluent north.

As for Sweden they are also far from herd immunity (if herd immunity even exists). Like Italy, if a vaccine is a long way away, they will remain in partial lockdown for ages because the disease is active in too much of society. Their strategy is not paying off. Norway, Denmark and Finland have struck a much better balance between lockdown and death than Sweden. And this will show as they start lifting restrictions in the next few months while Sweden is stuck in a half way house of partial lockdown.

You must be insane if you would rather be in Italy.

You would be very surprised if you knew how many Australians came into contact with this virus and it had no effect and they did not become a carrier and thus never tested. Governments only tested those in contact with travellers and people. Who did get sick. They didn't open up testing until they knew it had run its course in the people It never bothered.

The majority of people the virus doesn't grab, the majority who it does, get a very mild illness.

Over half of Europe's deaths have been in aged care homes. Over half of americas real death toll the same. Where the virus went nuts were in places with lack Of clean air and lack of being outside. What is so wrong about this, that nobody talks about. Is the vast majority who died had serious pre existing medical conditions. Some were underlying and Not yet diagnosed until the virus. Many of them thier conditions could of been managed so Much better, but for the corrupt pharmacutical industry. And thier survival odds far greater and far less burden on the health system.

The UK and USA always going to be hit hard.

You would be very surprised if you knew how many Australians came into contact with this virus and it had no effect and they did not become a carrier and thus never tested. Governments only tested those in contact with travellers and people. Who did get sick. They didn't open up testing until they knew it had run its course in the people It never bothered.

The majority of people the virus doesn't grab, the majority who it does, get a very mild illness.

Over half of Europe's deaths have been in aged care homes. Over half of americas real death toll the same. Where the virus went nuts were in places with lack Of clean air and lack of being outside. What is so wrong about this, that nobody talks about. Is the vast majority who died had serious pre existing medical conditions. Some were underlying and Not yet diagnosed until the virus. Many of them thier conditions could of been managed so Much better, but for the corrupt pharmacutical industry. And thier survival odds far greater and far less burden on the health system.

The UK and USA always going to be hit hard.

I agree that the majority of infected people get a mild illness and the aged are most affected.

But for the rest... Almost no Australians have come in contact with the virus. Probably much less than 1% of our population.

The reason is because of good health management, good leadership, the lockdown, a population who for the most part has done the right thing and a bit of good luck. We do have a lower density of living, even in the cities which helps too.

We have no special immunity just because we are Aussies.

In the very rare situations where Australian systems failed - like Newmarch and the Ruby Princess, many fatalities resulted. If we had it your way we would have had a hundred Newmarch House incidents all over the country at the same time, together with the rest of infected society and fatality numbers in the thousands as we ran out of intensive care beds and couldn't give people the right treatment. Just like the UK and the USA.

I agree that the majority of infected people get a mild illness and the aged are most affected.

But for the rest... Almost no Australians have come in contact with the virus. Probably much less than 1% of our population.

The reason is because of good health management, good leadership, the lockdown, a population who for the most part has done the right thing and a bit of good luck. We do have a lower density of living, even in the cities which helps too.

We have no special immunity just because we are Aussies.

In the very rare situations where Australian systems failed - like Newmarch and the Ruby Princess, many fatalities resulted. If we had it your way we would have had a hundred Newmarch House incidents all over the country at the same time, together with the rest of infected society and fatality numbers in the thousands as we ran out of intensive care beds and couldn't give people the right treatment. Just like the UK and the USA.

Mate it was coming in on nearly every international flight every day for over 2 months...

You don't know what my way is, as you have no cOmprehnsion of the issues involved, you watch to much of the project.

Mate it was coming in on nearly every international flight every day for over 2 months...

You don't know what my way is, as you have no c0mprehnsion of the issues involved, you watch to much of the project.

I'm a statistician. I deal in facts and evidence based outcomes. And I would be interested to know what you suggest we should have done differently. I also continue to argue that your supposition that lots of Australians came into contact with the virus is wrong.

Please explain the magic that explains our sub 100 person death toll when "It was coming in on nearly every international flight every day for over 2 months". What we do know is that it came in on the Ruby Princess and that ship was linked to 19 deaths. That's 20% of Australia's total deaths from this one source. Where are all the other deaths arising from the thousands of incoming international flights?

I repeat. Australians are not special. We have the same DNA as those pasty Brits and fat Americans.

If we didn't lock down when we did, if we waited for longer like the Brits and the USA, our death toll would have been proportionally similar. Probably a bit less due to our better medical system but still significant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back