Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His biggest strength so far is goal kicking yet we haven’t been short on that front in the last two weeks. If he can go to the VFL and add a midfield string to his bow he could become a really dangerous mid/fwd. There’s non rush to bring him back, let him develop as much as possible and force his way into the side, we’ll have an absolute weapon after that.

That's what I've been seeing at training. They have been using him in the midfield, then going forward.
But you can never have too many goal kickers. One might not realise it, but he's taller than Mitchell and Adams. A couple more pre-seasons he could very well be really dangerous if they make him a forward mid

I'm hoping he's got his endurance up, as I think his long term future is playing a Sidey, Jaicos type role. I'd love him to be able to play high half forward/wing.

I'm hoping he's got his endurance up, as I think his long term future is playing a Sidey, Jaicos type role. I'd love him to be able to play high half forward/wing.

Never thought of wing. Would think hill more suited to that role given it’s what he has played at gws.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just view Ginni as having a very similar skill set to Sidey and Jaicos - with endurance being the only question mark for me.

Endurance is something you can improve if that’s an area that’s needed. Depends how they see his evolution as a player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

reckon he will get on the end of a few on the weekend... 3 or 4. He can play the Hill or Sidey role, so good for backup as soon as there is an injury. & in the near future, I'd love to think that Hill can handle the WHE role, and Ginni goes straight in up forward and starts kicking bags again. Longer term what Mitchell is doing now I'm sure theyd also love him to be able to do. He was actually listed as an inside mid in juniors...

reckon he will get on the end of a few on the weekend... 3 or 4. He can play the Hill or Sidey role, so good for backup as soon as there is an injury. & in the near future, I'd love to think that Hill can handle the WHE role, and Ginni goes straight in up forward and starts kicking bags again. Longer term what Mitchell is doing now I'm sure theyd also love him to be able to do. He was actually listed as an inside mid in juniors...
Think his coach before the season got called off in 2020 said he was gonna have him play some midfield time.

Extraordinary to be in a situation where we’re struggling to find a spot for a young and emerging footballer of the calibre of Ginni.

Agree, especially considering he was a 40 goal small forward last year.
It's good to see the club make him earn his spot though, it will be a good learning curve for him in his development as a professional footballer, and not get himself back into a situation he found himself this pre-season....

Agree, especially considering he was a 40 goal small forward last year.
It's good to see the club make him earn his spot though, it will be a good learning curve for him in his development as a professional footballer, and not get himself back into a situation he found himself this pre-season....
Still learning to be a professional footballer, he'll learn and grow better. I'd suggest next pre-season he'll be better. But he's certainly not the first to have been through this as a young man/footballer, and won't be the last. But I think he has learnt from it. Nothing wrong with a little wake up call, that this industry can be brutal.

Last time Jack played VFL, he dominated Richmond. Look at baby Ginni.

July 2021. Kicked 4.2 from 14 touches

Extraordinary to be in a situation where we’re struggling to find a spot for a young and emerging footballer of the calibre of Ginni.
Absolutely. Needed. We have a few bodies to retire over the next few years. The current scenario with Ginni having to work his way back in is perfect. I am sure he will be a quick learner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. Needed. We have a few bodies to retire over the next few years. The current scenario with Ginni having to work his way back in is perfect. I am sure he will be a quick learner.
He'll be better for it long term as well. He is no stranger to hard work.

I just view Ginni as having a very similar skill set to Sidey and Jaicos - with endurance being the only question mark for me.
He's doing fine where he is. We have to many midfield options that are taller and faster.
I'd rather see Reef or Edward carving up the midfield.
Ginnis role is to kick goals. He's a sharpshooter.
He will never play midfield.

He's doing fine where he is. We have to many midfield options that are taller and faster.
I'd rather see Reef or Edward carving up the midfield.
Ginnis role is to kick goals. He's a sharpshooter.
He will never play midfield.
I tend to agree, particularly regarding Reef and Ed. Throw Carmichael into that mix and we have a plethora of big-bodied mids to develop. Your in-and-under types, like Mitchell and Adams, will need replacing but I don't see Ginni (or Elliot) fitting that mold.

Yup, in the last couple weeks.. has lined up at centre bounce. Lets see if he does that in the VFL or whether its forward online.
Last season Ginni could be found in the midfield & down back at times.
He has an innate sense of what to do, so he's by no means a one trick pony.

Last season Ginni could be found in the midfield & down back at times.
He has an innate sense of what to do, so he's by no means a one trick pony.
definitely is not a one trick pony. Has multiple tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back