• Adelaide

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • GCS

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • other

Votes: 24 14.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton's needs are that dire for a midfielder, then they'd be best to trade the number 1 pick down.....Every club would come a running for it.

Big difference between Walsh or Smith and just any first round mid. GC have very little reason to trade up because they will know that Carlton would only do that if they dont want Luko. So Suns will know they are getting him at 2. If the suns really want Walsh they may do that deal, but then Carlton have traded out of position to get the player they really want.

Simply, Carlton cannot trade down AND take Walsh.

Carlton are drugs if they use pick #1 on Walsh and skip Luko. If they aren't drafting Luko then they should trade and use their picks on McFayden and Rozee. If you want a midfielder then this is the best draft ever for clubs who didn't fit in the bottom 6 imo.

Last edited:
Carlton are drugs if they use pick #1 on Walsh and skip Luko. If they aren't drafting Luko then they should trade and use their picks on McFayden and Rose. If you want a midfielder then this is the best draft ever for clubs who didn't fit in the bottom 6 imo.
They wont be getting Connor McFayden unless they bid very early.

Carlton are drugs if they use pick #1 on Walsh and skip Luko. If they aren't drafting Luko then they should trade and use their picks on McFayden and Rozee. If you want a midfielder then this is the best draft ever for clubs who didn't fit in the bottom 6 imo.
They wont be getting Connor McFayden unless they bid very early.
Who is this McFayden you speak of, no one in the draft by that name.

Who is this McFayden you speak of, no one in the draft by that name.
Luko so far reminds me more of a Jack Watts type than a genuine superstar hype around him last year before draft. Hopefully he kicks on but so glad we did not listen to SchradhasNoIDeer

Way too early to say, especially with a KPF.

Rubbish. The original poster saying Carlton would be mad to skip Luko for Walsh been proven clueless. I'd be very upset right now if we had taken Luko over Walsh. Walsh I know will be a gun. Luko I was less sure about but the hype on him was strong and impression so far, is he not looking like best in his draft pool. Blakey looks way better for a taller option. I hope for his sake he is not just another Jack Watts type but he certainly not so damn good to take ahead of Walsh, Blakey or Rozzee.

Rubbish. The original poster saying Carlton would be mad to skip Luko for Walsh been proven clueless. I'd be very upset right now if we had taken Luko over Walsh. Walsh I know will be a gun. Luko I was less sure about but the hype on him was strong and impression so far, is he not looking like best in his draft pool. Blakey looks way better for a taller option. I hope for his sake he is not just another Jack Watts type but he certainly not so damn good to take ahead of Walsh, Blakey or Rozzee.
You have to give a lot more time. You saw with McKay it took a while for him to be any good. Mids always are better early. Walsh looks amazing but who will end up better is a long way from being settled.

You have to give a lot more time. You saw with McKay it took a while for him to be any good. Mids always are better early. Walsh looks amazing but who will end up better is a long way from being settled.

I am talking about the original poster saying Carlton would be on drugs to skip Luko for Walsh. I do not need a lot more time to know he had no idea what he was talking about.

Luko himself , is at least getting games but so far underwhelming me on what I am seeing. I'm looking to see the wow factor. So far all I see is a nice player rather than potential superstar. I looked at McKay from start and saw serious potential within minutes of being on ground in first JLT game v Dons.
My guess is Luko will be way better than a Watts type but not the standout number 1 pick that some carried on about this time last year. More excited to see Max King and Rankine soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am talking about the original poster saying Carlton would be on drugs to skip Luko for Walsh. I do not need a lot more time to know he had no idea what he was talking about.

Luko himself , is at least getting games but so far underwhelming me on what I am seeing. I'm looking to see the wow factor. So far all I see is a nice player rather than potential superstar. I looked at McKay from start and saw serious potential within minutes of being on ground in first JLT game v Dons.
My guess is Luko will be way better than a Watts type but not the standout number 1 pick that some carried on about this time last year. More excited to see Max King and Rankine soon.

When was the last time a first year KPF took the competition by storm?

Even Buddy only averaged 1 goal a game in his first season.

Not relevant to what I was talking about. The poster said Carlton would be on drugs to take Walsh ahead of Luko. The poster was clueless and full of hype.

It is very relevant. We can't say one way or the other who is going to be better out of Walsh and Lukosius. Sure Walsh is better right now but given their positions Walsh bloody well better be playing better than Lukosius.

Not when poster says recruiters on drugs. Your comprehension of context of post is really bad. Should look into it for yourself.
I think your comprehension skills are lacking.

They're telling you, it is too early to make a call on which player is better. Hence you calling Luko, Watts is way too early.

Last edited:
That call still may be true, because it is TOO early to call... COMPREHENDO! rofl, lol, mml
ha ha. It is not too early to call out the poster suggesting taking Walsh was equivalent to being on drugs.
Taking any of guys rated likely pick one was normal....lol... Recruiters are not as out of touch as that poster was. COMPREHENDO. Now let me get back to crying over Cuningham a late out. :'(

Not when poster says recruiters on drugs. Your comprehension of context of post is really bad. Should look into it for yourself.

Love how you’re calling out a guy from a year ago when a fair few people said the same thing. I hope you’re here in a few years if/when Luko has had time like EVERY key forward needs and makes your statement look stupid.

Luko so far reminds me more of a Jack Watts type than a genuine superstar hype around him last year before draft. Hopefully he kicks on but so glad we did not listen to SchradhasNoIDeer
I reckon old Jack is pretty stocked he didn't get drafted to a rabble.

I know we've "learned" since then, and have seen a fair few more key forward types picked early that have somewhat disappointed since, and a lot of the criticism Watts copped was completely unwarranted, but honestly, Lukosius has been far poorer and less impactful than Watts was early on, yet Watts copped merciless criticism, while Lukosius (perhaps due to being "hidden" on the Gold Coast) has seemingly escaped any discussion. People were claiming this kid was "worth tanking for", and SA fans were lining up their trade offers in advance, but it's looking like Lukosius was vastly overhyped, and will take a lot longer than first expected.

I think a lot of the hype around Lukosius and Watts came from a misunderstanding of the type of player they are. Neither are/were contested marking "power" forwards, even at junior level, and Lukosius getting games at senior level in the SANFL doesn't necessarily mean he had/has "man strength", either. With his athletic profile, foot skills, and footy brain, Watts projected to be a more skillful Nick Reiwoldt, but never quite got there (I still feel like Melbourne erred by not force-feeding him games and gametime at CHF from Day 1, regardless of pressure or results), and I feel Lukosius projects as a similar type.

Time will tell I suppose, but you'd expect Lukosius to be further along right now than he is, if he's going to end up being the superstar people expect when he hits his prime (ages 25-29, 2025-2029).

I know we've "learned" since then, and have seen a fair few more key forward types picked early that have somewhat disappointed since, and a lot of the criticism Watts copped was completely unwarranted, but honestly, Lukosius has been far poorer and less impactful than Watts was early on, yet Watts copped merciless criticism, while Lukosius (perhaps due to being "hidden" on the Gold Coast) has seemingly escaped any discussion. People were claiming this kid was "worth tanking for", and SA fans were lining up their trade offers in advance, but it's looking like Lukosius was vastly overhyped, and will take a lot longer than first expected.

I think a lot of the hype around Lukosius and Watts came from a misunderstanding of the type of player they are. Neither are/were contested marking "power" forwards, even at junior level, and Lukosius getting games at senior level in the SANFL doesn't necessarily mean he had/has "man strength", either. With his athletic profile, foot skills, and footy brain, Watts projected to be a more skillful Nick Reiwoldt, but never quite got there (I still feel like Melbourne erred by not force-feeding him games and gametime at CHF from Day 1, regardless of pressure or results), and I feel Lukosius projects as a similar type.

Time will tell I suppose, but you'd expect Lukosius to be further along right now than he is, if he's going to end up being the superstar people expect when he hits his prime (ages 25-29, 2025-2029).
Is all depend, everybody said Mayne (experienced player) is a spud for Collingwood in his first year, thing can change especially a player in his first year footy.

Back