Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

If I were Melbourne I wouldn't be letting him go, he's too talented. Bigger blokes take longer.

In saying that, he may thrive at another club and it just may be the tonic to have a breakout season.

Frawley & JO'R to Hawthorn and Christensen to Brisbane seemed to happen pretty painlessly, yet some of the other trades seem to going around and around in circles.

Trade karma!

Teams like dealing with Hawthorn and Geelong.

It sucks to do the right thing sometimes but there is benefit in the long run.

Brisbane may do us a good turn in the future.

I believe that Hawthorn tend to have the most luck in the competition, because clearly they are the best run club in the competition.

Trade karma!

I believe that Hawthorn tend to have the most luck in the competition, because clearly they are the best run club in the competition.

I agree. The Hawks have paid pretty well for their recruits bar the unproven (yet highly rated) Gunston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as I argued with Lindsay Thomas (not on the trade table), and Jeff Garlett (traded), his value to his club is way above what other clubs would like to pay at the trade table. I have no doubt if we traded Garlett 1 or 2 years ago, we as a club would have been looking to gain a couple of 2nd rounders, or 2nd + upgrade of 3rd.

Really, Melbourne would love to get a top 30 pick for him, and almost should, but I've seen nothing in his game that indicates he's flourish at a new club - think that's just a big myth to try and throw even more blame at Melbourne. Watts is soft, no doubt about it, and I don't see how if Bailey/Roos + the assistant coaches + guys like McDonald and Jones can't change it, it's unlikely it's them that's the problem, and likely it is him and only him.

I don't see Melbourne getting market value for him. Unless they just want him out, or a club surprisingly wants to pay market value for him (GC might, Adelaide won't I don't think) he'll stay.

Funny.... Hahaha... Hilarious...lol... If only we could all laugh like this more often...

We are watching a club get farmed out of the comp...

Not a comment directed at Melbourne, whom I have a lot of respect for.

Just pointing out that Hawthorn landed all their quality targets because they are clearly the best run club in the league.

It actually pains me to say it as a Geelong fan.

Just as I argued with Lindsay Thomas (not on the trade table), and Jeff Garlett (traded), his value to his club is way above what other clubs would like to pay at the trade table. I have no doubt if we traded Garlett 1 or 2 years ago, we as a club would have been looking to gain a couple of 2nd rounders, or 2nd + upgrade of 3rd.

Really, Melbourne would love to get a top 30 pick for him, and almost should, but I've seen nothing in his game that indicates he's flourish at a new club - think that's just a big myth to try and throw even more blame at Melbourne. Watts is soft, no doubt about it, and I don't see how if Bailey/Roos + the assistant coaches + guys like McDonald and Jones can't change it, it's unlikely it's them that's the problem, and likely it is him and only him.

I don't see Melbourne getting market value for him. Unless they just want him out, or a club surprisingly wants to pay market value for him (GC might, Adelaide won't I don't think) he'll stay.
Personally I would happily give up something like pick 30 and Blair, or Lumumba if we no longer want varcoe or pick 25 if we don't have to give it up for greenwood in order to get watts. We have an abundance of shutdown players who are very capable physically in defense on top of some decent speed. Not sure how I should put this, but we lack classy players in our team? Even after all these mediocre seasons, I still believe watts can turn into a solid high half forward or third tall and really become a valuable component to a team with appropriate structure for watts

Funny.... Hahaha... Hilarious...lol... If only we could all laugh like this more often...

We are watching a club get farmed out of the comp...

What on earth are you talking about?

The rest of us are watching a club that gets gifted players, a CEO and as many coaches as it needs trying to flog just a few of the many high draft picked players that it's picked up over the past few years, in its own interests and without anyone forcing it.

On topic, North was apparently keen on Watts last year, but we are probably about up to our quota of experienced project players this time round. Shame, as I also think he'd be well worth looking at in a better team and with the whole top pick thing well behind him.

You would have to be insane to do that, he's shown bugger all in 6 years. I swear if he had been drafted at 30 or something rather than number 1 almost no one would want him.

I don't want Watts at all. And i hope Carlton don't.

I'm just saying i wouldn't be totally surprised, for the previously mentioned reasons.

Trade karma!

Oh yeah. they got Frawley for nothing and a pick 2 draft pick for pick 19. It went smoothly because they came out in front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back