Jack Ziebell launching into Aaron Joseph - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh and tell us the difference between Wellingham and Ziebell. One went for the ball, the other didn't and you know what, they get the same result. heck off. Ziebell went for the ball, his intent was for the ball. And the club will challenge.

Jack had priors and the end result was the same in both cases (fractured face).

And ziebull would have got 2 if he had a 5 year good record, he doesn't. Wellingham got 5, ziebull 3.

And ziebull would have got 2 if he had a 5 year good record, he doesn't. Wellingham got 5, ziebull 3.
It's not even worth 1 as he went for the bloody ball - it's not his fault Joseph was giving a ******* hospital ball by Murphy.

It's not even worth 1 as he went for the bloody ball - it's not his fault Joseph was giving a ******* hospital ball by Murphy.

Its not Joseph or Murphy's fault that Ziebell decided to leave the ground and make contact to the head either. If you want to blame someone, blame Ziebell for making the wrong decision again in his short career so far.

Another decision based on injury rather than the actual intent.

Seems to be the trend...got the 3 weeks for the 3 strike rule I reckon: 1) it looked ugly on TV, 2) the opponent was injured and 3) generated the appropriate amount of media hysteria.

The other trend I've noticed that if the opponent suffers an injury and on review it looks like the offending player could have avoided the contact in any way by taking another option (in Ziebell's case, not leaving the ground) then your gone!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not Joseph or Murphy's fault that Ziebell decided to leave the ground and make contact to the head either. If you want to blame someone, blame Ziebell for making the wrong decision again in his short career so far.

He went for the ball plain and simple. Dont let the rohan incident cloud your judgement. He will get off just like Thomas did.

They're f**cken up the game, this even being a suspension let alone 3 bloody weeks, i dont care if ist a North player or not, it just outrageous. Its a contested ball in the air, if he were a bit late and didnt have eyes for the ball id have no problems with the ruling, but this is just gayball now.

Its not Joseph or Murphy's fault that Ziebell decided to leave the ground and make contact to the head either.
It's not Ziebell's fault that the MRP actually thinks he made contact with Joseph's head.

What a joke, it was a hospital handpass and Jack could have taken the ball on his chest. I would take a week for an unfortunate bump, but 3 is just plain wrong.

suspensions seem to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. if a player gets injured the afl can just use the duty of care tag. if a player got injured, he clearly mustn't have been practising a proper duty of care. that is rubbish.
it looks like he braced himself for contact, but joseph was wide open. that's just bad luck, but there are no accidents in afl as we know, just one player who must have been doing the wrong thing.

suspensions seem to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. if a player gets injured the afl can just use the duty of care tag. if a player got injured, he clearly mustn't have been practising a proper duty of care. that is rubbish.
it looks like he braced himself for contact, but joseph was wide open. that's just bad luck, but there are no accidents in afl as we know, just one player who must have been doing the wrong thing.
Lindsay thomas broke Rohan's leg and didn't get suspended because he went for the ball like ziebell so ziebs should not get any weeks. we should argue this as we have many things going in our favour for this incident and precedence

Watch as he goes for the ball - plain and simple

he tucks his leading (right) arm in. how do you gather the ball when your arm is tucked into your side?

i3seyM5VFdePS.jpg

he tucks his leading (right) arm in. how do you gather the ball when your arm is tucked into your side?
Bracing himself? Not sure but the contact was in no way high so there's something they'll definitely challenge.

Honestly, if it was an illegal piece of rough conduct I would have thought there would be a free kick. Either the MRP have that wrong too, or Gieschen can finally admit an umpire made an error, as much as he'll twist it.

This is a really poor decision. Not sure that North will challenge however, with their next three games being Richmond, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs. The 4th game is against Essendon so i'm not sure they will want to risk him missing that as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back