News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else get the feeling that someone just put themselves onto a very specific list?

Nah mate , that poster adds little to this site on a positive basis, he can go his hardest, water off a duck's back.

If someone handed me a piece of paper with the names of the top 20 players from the 2018 draft and told me the Crows will have 3 of them, I’d be stoked.

Until I see the names.

Hately the worst of the 3. Ned the only one to ‘make it’. A sad state of affairs.

I would not be giving up on Hately yet and maybe never play like a first rounder but believe will still be good player for us.

I think the hope at the moment is he's had some form of injury that's hampered him.

It's not looking too flash at the moment, which is a damn shame, but he's got time to turn it around. Unless O'Connor takes the opportunity presented and buries him.

I think the hope at the moment is he's had some form of injury that's hampered him.

It's not looking too flash at the moment, which is a damn shame, but he's got time to turn it around. Unless O'Connor takes the opportunity presented and buries him.

It's not just an O'Connor v Hately contest. Both will hopefully become good players for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Around draft time I thought he'd be a surprise and shine for GWS.

As his career went on I just put it down to being in a squad with too much depth.

Now I feel like he probably won't be a star, but could still definitely be a good piece to a successful finals side, and not just a passenger that won't be around when we hit the finals again, like some that are currently playing.

In saying that, I don't quite understand why he hasn't had a consistent shot.

It's not just an O'Connor v Hately contest. Both will hopefully become good players for us.

It's possible both end up good players for us, but I doubt it. I especially don't know if Hately has the flexibility needed to make it if O'Connor ends up winning out as a contested mid. I know he's played as a forward, and could end up a third tall at least.

After all, it's quite likely both are fighting for a niche position in our midfield once all is said and done. We're likely in the bottom 8 for another couple of seasons after this one and that's hopefully a lot of compelling midfield talents coming in to surround what we have now.

As adamant as he was that we would not use the PSD, Bicks at least did stick around the thread when we took Hately that way. I for one let him know about it at the time, so he gets credit in my book for having the guts to stick around and debate the point, rather taking a little break like certain other 'in-the-know' posters did, instead of admitting they were talking out their backsides the whole time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back