Jaidyn Stephenson 2018 Rising star winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Was always going to win it.

One of the few times where I've thought the rising star winner will go on to have the best career in their draft class.

this kid will be a star, well played pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was interested to hear this morning he takes betablockers for a heart condition and other clubs saw this as a premise to pass on him whilst Pies went for it and will no doubt reap the benefits. The guy is a beauty.

Bloody hell Aaron Francis' 5 games earned him a vote. Who the hell do they have voting on these things?

This is why the award is meaningless. It's voted by people with hidden agendas. I mean rarely has any winner of this really set the comp alight.

Stephenson could surely be a star in the making and was deserving of the award. Plus I have high respect for him given he's had previous heart concerns. But I'm going to hold off on any further comment. We're yet to see how well he plays in a struggling Collingwood side.

Past winners include Pearce, Palmer, Talia, Taylor, Hogan, Mills and McGrath. Many solid players for their respective teams, but hardly any that are superstar material at the moment. It just goes to show that the award is just 'who is the best first year player under 21' and 'whether they get good support'.

Last edited:
Was interested to hear this morning he takes betablockers for a heart condition and other clubs saw this as a premise to pass on him whilst Pies went for it and will no doubt reap the benefits. The guy is a beauty.
Beta-blockers will keep him nice and chillaxed prior to game starting too. Won’t get as overhyped/anxious.

This is why the award is meaningless. It's voted by people with hidden agendas. I mean rarely has any winner of this really set the comp alight.

Stephenson could surely be a star in the making and was deserving of the award. Plus I have high respect for him given he's had previous heart concerns. But I'm going to hold off on any further comment. We're yet to see how well he plays in a struggling Collingwood side.

Past winners include Pearce, Palmer, Talia, Taylor, Hogan, Mills and McGarth. Many solid players for their respective teams, but hardly any that are superstar material at the moment. It just goes to show that the award is just 'who is the best first year player under 21' and 'whether they get good support'.
I was only commenting on the weird lower votes, seems like Ronke got votes on the back of 1 game too.

Stephenson though is a very deserving winner. Freak and will be an absolute nightmare to coach against for years, I mean who exactly are you supposed to play on him? Too fast or too good in the air

Remove this Banner Ad

Back