Recommitted Jamarra Ugle-Hagan [re-signed for 2 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben McKay is the highest paid player in the AFL this year but Essendon would turn their nose up at market value for JUH? Good grief. I’d bet my house on the bombers taking JUH at a $1M a season for as long as he wants if they could.

Your club just paid $800k plus to a player who is hopeless and has shown to have durability issues but you don't think JUH is worth $1m plus.

You're deluded

Mainly because I dont see any other club supporters in here saying they would pay him that kind of money for him. I think from what i have seen most other clubs wouldn't do it. if they did, same would apply.

A $1M offer for JUH is paying for what he can be, not what he is. That is always going to have some risk. Dont think that's controversial to say.

if you are ok with that? There's nothing wrong with that?

FWIW i think us paying McKay the money he is on was stupid also. Not worth it at all.

2024 will determine what he is ultimately worth. If he has a blinder than I can see him getting that kind of offer.

can we stick to JUH please.

Way to miss the point.

If JUH would move to essendon for $1m a year your club and supporters would bite off the arm.

He won't be going anywhere but you're still in denial

I disagree. I do not represent Essendon nor do i agree with everything they do.

Stick to JUH or stop quoting me. Essendon has nothing to do with JUH. At all. We aren't linked in any way to him nor do i wish for the club to chase him.

You're just waiting both our time.

You have had more players touching things inappropriately than you have had finals experience this century
Oh yay, Doggy is bitter that another player might leave the Dogs.
Ben McKay is the highest paid player in the AFL this year but Essendon would turn their nose up at market value for JUH? Good grief. I’d bet my house on the bombers taking JUH at a $1M a season for as long as he wants if they could.
Well we have to pay someone. We're paying at 95% of the cap, front loading the contract makes sense

I disagree. I do not represent Essendon nor do i agree with everything they do.

Stick to JUH or stop quoting me. Essendon has nothing to do with JUH. At all.

You're just waiting both our time.
Then why are you in here, being the biggest contributor, yet contributing exactly Jack.

If your club has no skin in the game you're here just to be a combative pain in the ass under the guise of "it's a free country".

Oh yay, Doggy is bitter that another player might leave the Dogs.

Well we have to pay someone. We're paying at 95% of the cap, front loading the contract makes sense
Ha ha.... no chance JUH is going to leave.

If you said Smith or English I might give you that. But you also have no skin in the game for any of them.

Off you go

Then why are you in here, being the biggest contributor, yet contributing exactly Jack.

If your club has no skin in the game you're here just to be a combative pain in the ass under the guise of "it's a free country".

What are you talking about? its a forum.

You dont have to be part of a recruting team to talk about players.

You are clearly triggered one of your players is in a posotion where he might leave. Dunno why your into me about it. I dont want him.

Just go on ignore, better for both of us.

What are you talking about? its a forum.

You dont have to be part of a recruting team to talk about players.

You are clearly triggered one of your players is in a posotion where he might leave. Dunno why your into me about it. I dont want him.

Just go on ignore, better for both of us.
Again, why would I be triggered there's bugger all chance he's going anywhere. Smith is probably the one, possibly English.

Many dogs supporters would let both go for JUH. That's been expressly stated even in here.

Ha ha.... no chance JUH is going to leave.

If you said Smith or English I might give you that. But you also have no skin in the game for any of them.

Off you go
Until he re-signs there's every chance he leaves.

He probably stays, but he could go.

Stop being bitter about it

Probably getting offered $500-600k a year by the Doggies, but opposition clubs are already offering $1mil a year long-term.
I would think his agent is thinking see how he goes this year, and if he has a big season of 40+ or even 50+ goals, the Doggies will inevitably offer him a big money contract like Naughton. This would likely entail the departure of one or both of Smith and English.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably getting offered $500-600k a year by the Doggies
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Probably getting offered $500-600k a year by the Doggies, but opposition clubs are already offering $1mil a year long-term.
I would think his agent is thinking see how he goes this year, and if he has a big season of 40+ or even 50+ goals, the Doggies will inevitably offer him a big money contract like Naughton. This would likely entail the departure of one or both of Smith and English.

JUH and his manager would burst into tears laughing if they offered him 500k a year.

Do you really think the Dogs are delusional enough to offer an amount like that, potentially souring negotiations?

He will more than likely take unders to stay at the Dogs. Unders will still be a heap more than 500k, which is all but average wage these days.

JUH and his manager would burst into tears laughing if they offered him 500k a year.

Do you really think the Dogs are delusional enough to offer an amount like that, potentially souring negotiations?

He will more than likely take unders to stay at the Dogs. Unders will still be a heap more than 500k, which is all but average wage these days.
I don't know exactly what the cap is these days, but historically $600k is well above average salary and roughly his value to the Bulldogs relative to his output last year.

The point is I think the reason he hasn't signed yet is because his agent thinks his output this coming season will convince the Doggies he's worth more than whatever they're currently offering. They're also trying to retain English and Smith, who are also looking for big contracts.

Ugle-Hagan will be their highest priority retention by far.

I don't know exactly what the cap is these days, but historically $600k is well above average salary and roughly his value to the Bulldogs relative to his output last year.

The point is I think the reason he hasn't signed yet is because his agent thinks his output this coming season will convince the Doggies he's worth more than whatever they're currently offering. They're also trying to retain English and Smith, who are also looking for big contracts.

Ugle-Hagan will be their highest priority retention by far.
Jamarra will sign for 850k+ and will be underpaid.

Will the Dogs be able to keep all their KPFs happy and give them all good game time and $$$ ie. Sam Darcy, Aaron Naughton, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Jordan Croft. Does Darcy eventually just play as a KPD?

Certainly an impressive list of young talls.

Will the Dogs be able to keep all their KPFs happy and give them all good game time eg, Sam Darcy, Aaron Naughton, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Jordan Croft. Does Darcy eventually just play as a KPD?

Darcy will obviously play ruck/fwd. When he's ready, I would suspect they're fully prepared to kick Lobb out of the side to accommodate him, barring any Crazy Bevo antics.

Hawthorn won a flag with Buddy, Roughy, Gunston and Hale as the resting ruckman. It's all about finding the right balance.

Will the Dogs be able to keep all their KPFs happy and give them all good game time and $$$ ie. Sam Darcy, Aaron Naughton, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Jordan Croft. Does Darcy eventually just play as a KPD?

Naughton has already signed a long term deal, and I think the way JUH, Darcy and Croft came into the club will work in their favour.

English would be the worry as he’s the one you could least justify spending overs on and WCE will have a shed load of space.

I suspect one of Bailey Smith or Tim English leaves. I don't think we will lose any of the keys, Jordan Croft is 3 years away from being a contract worry.

Croft will be a defender and Darcy a second ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back