Recommitted Deven Robertson [re-signed for 2 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Damo suggesting that Robertson has turned his back on a lot of money to stay with Brisbane.

Chose the chance to win a flag at Brisbane over financial reward, no one could be begrudge him for that.

Hope it pays off for him and Brisbane go one step further next yer.

I think this is a win for west coast in the sense that they’ll probably still be dire in 2yrs and dev will get to develop at a top team during that time. So if he wants to come back at that stage he will be a more complete player. I don’t think getting dev right now is that meaningful for west coast

I think this is a win for west coast in the sense that they’ll probably still be dire in 2yrs and dev will get to develop at a top team during that time. So if he wants to come back at that stage he will be a more complete player. I don’t think getting dev right now is that meaningful for west coast

Question is if he gets the midfield time, or he continues to be shunted out to a forward flank

Time will tell

Damo suggesting that Robertson has turned his back on a lot of money to stay with Brisbane.

I doubt it was a highly lucrative contract but it would of been a bit more.
Too be honest I think it worked out for both sides, I think he would of struggled in our team, winning every other week and playing in grand finals is a lot different to playing at a football club that gets belted by 100points most weeks, there’s a lot more scrutiny specially on a player that has very average foot skills.

I’d be pretty disappointed if we went after him again we’ve tried twice surely you can’t go after the same player 3 times😂 , I reckon we will let freo have a go next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart boy.

FgOa.gif

Of course, cue the relieved posts, dodging bullets gifs, and “I didn’t want him anyway”’s.

Like clockwork.
Our board was pretty split on getting him TBH.

A lot thought he would be a good pick up whilst a fair few didn't want him.
I didn't really care either way as it probably wouldn't have cost much.

I'm after Brockmann more than Dev.

Of course, cue the relieved posts, dodging bullets gifs, and “I didn’t want him anyway”’s.

Like clockwork.

Nah. I actually wanted him - but the truth is on our board there were plenty that didn't.
Either way it's not a needle turning decision for West Coast or Brisbane but for me I can't help but respect a player who backs himself in to chase premiership glory even if not guaranteed a b22 spot at Brisbane.

I think this was the year to get him. In two years time, he might be worth too much, the Eagles might not have the draft capital, someone may step up that fills his position. I’m disappointed not to get him, think he would fit in well at West Coast whereas he might struggle to find a position in Brisbane’s midfield. But can’t blame him for chasing success and hope he does well.

Like clockwork.

Pffft.

If you have read the Eagles board there have been two camps for a long time. The 'sure he'd be a handy pickup to add depth and a bigger body into the centre square'. No world beater but a solid player. And the nuff nuffs who say he's an average player who likely is delisted in 2 years.

So nothing posted on here in the past 24 hours is new mate.

Im a little disappointed but IMO he will end up at the Eagles at some point in his career. I would have made the same call. Money can wait, Im having a crack at a flag, some never get the opportunity.

Like clockwork.

Did you come back to this thread hoping to find a heap of melts, but ended up finding out that most of the eagles board didn’t want him😂

I think this was the year to get him. In two years time, he might be worth too much, the Eagles might not have the draft capital, someone may step up that fills his position. I’m disappointed not to get him, think he would fit in well at West Coast whereas he might struggle to find a position in Brisbane’s midfield. But can’t blame him for chasing success and hope he does well.
He might even be cheaper.

If he doesn't get a regular game and perform, I can see his stocks falling TBH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back