Recommitted Deven Robertson [re-signed for 2 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a fan of Dev and IMO he is good enough to be a permanent member of our best 22, if he moves and gets a good run at it he will have similar success to Ben Keays.

Will suck for Brisbane as he's at his lowest point in terms of value.

Nephew of Darren Glass so he's got some admirers on the Eagles board as a result.

Hun reporting today that some Vic clubs are putting their hand in the ring for Dev, after some interest from WA clubs last season.

Really fallen behind the pecking order at the Lions and is likely going to be on the move
If we lose Parish I hope we go HARD for him.

From memory Melbourne were hot for him in his draft year, not sure if we'd inquire though

Very unlucky to be left at the altar on draft night 1, the kid can play. A lot of clubs would ask the question I'd imagine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheldrick is 1 year younger than Dev and was drafted already a strong solid unit.

If the Swans get Robertson chances are they lose another promising kid because of lack of opportunity.

What academy prospects are available to rhem this year?

Sheldrick is a long term replacement for Parker once he either retires or spends more time up forward.

Would have loved it Jordan Dawson stayed, that is the type of big monies mid we need right now IMO.

Gotta be honest I’m not across our Academy prospects.

Hun reporting today that some Vic clubs are putting their hand in the ring for Dev, after some interest from WA clubs last season.

Really fallen behind the pecking order at the Lions and is likely going to be on the move

Say we'd be interested, as we were interested and linked to him in our draft year. Went the local boy in Stephens, but could very easily have gone Deven if not, IMO.

Lot of areas to work on, but lot to like for what he'd cost.

For all the players/favourable pick deals we've given Brissie, I'd hope we'd get him pretty cheap if we did look at him, haha.

Say we'd be interested, as we were interested and linked to him in our draft year. Went the local boy in Stephens, but could very easily have gone Deven if not, IMO.

For all the players/favourable pick deals we've given Brissie, I'd hope we'd get him pretty cheap if we did look at him, haha.

Do you reckon he slots straight into your midfield? I think the only position I can see him playing at the moment is inside midfield. His kicking skills probably limits him having a significant impact elsewhere. I can't see him moving if he ends up in a similar position to where he is at with Brisbane now.

We do have a few players in our reserves who's best role is similar - Lyons, Mathieson, Robertson and even Tunstill probably play their best football in that inside mid role.

Do you reckon he slots straight into your midfield? I can't see him moving if he ends up in a similar position to where he is at with Brisbane now.

Dev will only go to a club where he would be 100 guaranteed to get a game every week.

So West Coast, Hawthorn or maybe North Melbourne would be the most probable likely destinations, would say the Eagles most likely as he is a WA lad and they were keen on him last trade period.

Dev will only go to a club where he would be 100 guaranteed to get a game every week.

So West Coast, Hawthorn or maybe North Melbourne would be the most probable likely destinations, would say the Eagles most likely as he is a WA lad and they were keen on him last trade period.

Yeah, I feel like West Coast makes sense for him. They need young talent, will have a spot for him and he's from WA. He's probably a bit similar to the kind of players North have on their list - LDU, Simpkin, Phillips, Wardlaw, Powell are all inside midfielders.

Do you reckon he slots straight into your midfield? I think the only position I can see him playing at the moment is inside midfield. His kicking skills probably limits him having a significant impact elsewhere. I can't see him moving if he ends up in a similar position to where he is at with Brisbane now.

We do have a few players in our reserves who's best role is similar - Lyons, Mathieson, Robertson and even Tunstill probably play their best football in that inside mid role.

Yeah I suppose that is a fair point. Would probably have Danger (will retire in the next couple of years), Guth, Blics, Bowes, T. Atkins, Bruhn, Holmes etc., competing for mid minutes if he were to come. Be more of a player in a couple of years, then for the 'right now.'

On that proviso, probably agree that Eagles makes most sense - given the Glass connection and their need for young mid talent.

Cats can GAGF.

Getting a bit tired of them trading in young talent and landing free agents on the cheap.

Pick 7 last year as well.

Some clubs simply hold a natural advantage over others as a destination club.

Unfortunately the team I support isn't one of them.

Yeah I suppose that is a fair point. Would probably have Danger (will retire in the next couple of years), Guth, Blics, Bowes, T. Atkins, Bruhn, Holmes etc., competing for mid minutes if he were to come. Be more of a player in a couple of years, then for the 'right now.'

On that proviso, probably agree that Eagles makes most sense - given the Glass connection and their need for young mid talent.

Yeah it sounds like he'd end up in a similar position to where he would be at Brisbane. Doesn't really make sense if he's leaving for minutes to end up at Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back