Recommitted Deven Robertson [re-signed for 2 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

In general I think draft picks are overrated in terms of trade value but at the same time 19 is too much but 39 too low.
I don’t disagree at all. Reckon he did enough in the second half of the season to suggest his value isn’t that much different to what he was drafted at (22). But it’s never just a question of value. He’s out of contract, Brisbane have a surplus of players in his position, which has led to him being played out of position or utilised as a sub, plus the Eagles have the threat of the PSD (not that I think we’d use it). Given Brisbane will need points to bid on yet more midfielders next year, a F3 should do it if he wants out.

His value is probably better than what is was when he was picked because he is ready to go. He's had 4 years under his belt and he performed well in finals, particularly given he spent very little time in the midfield which is his natural position. His value under contract would pretty much be around early second round (he's most likely a better player than what you would get for a pick 20 in this draft). He's out of contract though so that means he comes at a discount. Pick 34 (which will move out to a late 30's pick), or maybe something like a future 3rd rounder and a pick upgrade (i.e. exchange of 4th and 5th rounders next year) is what I'd be after.

Eagles #19 or an F2 would be ample seeing it gets pushed back this year and next year Lions have Levi Ashcroft to get points for
Now that sounds like "Selling Dodoro".

"Buying Dodoro" would be pick 57 or Future R4

WTF would we ask a drug rat supporter for "fair" trade prices

We are on record saying we will pay a fair price and pick 19 given we have pick 1 in the PSD is way overs.

His value is probably better than what is was when he was picked because he is ready to go. He's had 4 years under his belt and he performed well in finals, particularly given he spent very little time in the midfield which is his natural position. His value under contract would pretty much be around early second round (he's most likely a better player than what you would get for a pick 20 in this draft). He's out of contract though so that means he comes at a discount. Pick 34 (which will move out to a late 30's pick), or maybe something like a future 3rd rounder and a pick upgrade (i.e. exchange of 4th and 5th rounders next year) is what I'd be after.
He is difficult to rate in terms of draft value as there is little exposed form as a midfielder at AFL level.

seems pretty fair imo

Maybe the Lions can get in on one of these sweet 5-way Bigfooty trade deals for pick 1, where we end up with pick 3 for Dev.

He is tough and provides great pressure but has very poor skills. If he can develop how he uses the ball he will become a good player.

Maybe the Lions can get in on one of these sweet 5-way Bigfooty trade deals for pick 1, where we end up with pick 3 for Dev.

He is tough and provides great pressure but has very poor skills. If he can develop how he uses the ball he will become a good player.
Sounds like a good idea. Let me know how you go running that one through the nufties on the trade radio debacle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if he's just a mature body (at 23!), drives training standards and with Gibney leads the next gen until he's surpassed this is a good deal for WC.

need someone to play midfield, no mids between dom sheed (29) and luke edwards (22)

(ages next season btw)

Don't want or don't care for him. Kicking is a liability, apparently a good runner but his repeat possessions are low, and he struggles to stay involved in play post stoppage. Essentially zero transition game which is the basis for all good midfielders in 2023.

Sure, in theory he gets a production uplift with greater responsibilities, but on the basis of a large pool of exposed form that doesn't' seem guaranteed.

the sopranos smile GIF

This one surprises me a bit. Well done by Brisbane and Dev.

Obviously the lure of a Premiership after just being beaten is huge. Also Dev was really stung by what he saw as a snub on draft night and the belief that Brisbane showed in him to trade up to nab him first pick night 2 resonated with him. Loyalty earned.

Don't want or don't care for him. Kicking is a liability, apparently a good runner but his repeat possessions are low, and he struggles to stay involved in play post stoppage. Essentially zero transition game which is the basis for all good midfielders in 2023.

Sure, in theory he gets a production uplift with greater responsibilities, but on the basis of a large pool of exposed form that doesn't' seem guaranteed.
He's like Mark Hutchings imo

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back